Nasri completes Man City transfer

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 97
  • Views Views 6K
I don't rate Nasri as highly as most seem to, so I'd say they certainly overpaid.

That said, I would have made exactly the same move if I was Nasri. City are on the up, whereas Arsenal have stayed still/gotten worse, and he's getting paid more too.

No brainer really.

Samir Nasri: "In France, ManCity is called the galacticos, just like Real Madrid were."

Love it!

Lol, you know the Galacticos weren't a great success considering the players they had? You should be hoping its not the same for City. Still, its an excellent squad. Interesting to see how you do in the CL. Would love a Barcelona clash

Lol, you know the Galacticos weren't a great success considering the players they had? You should be hoping its not the same for City. Still, its an excellent squad. Interesting to see how you do in the CL. Would love a Barcelona clash

A couple EPL titles and a CL trophy wouldn't be half bad though ;)

it's one of the biggest misconceptions in modern football. Everyone seems to mention the galacticos as one of the best teams ever, yet fail to realise, they were nothing more than a overpaid bunch of injury-prone individuals. Great on their day, yet far too inconsistent.

A couple EPL titles and a CL trophy wouldn't be half bad though ;)

Considering the amount of money you'd be wanting that kind of return ;) and it still wasnt good enough in the end!

City makes Platini annoyed, and i actually take pleasure in that

hope they dont start saying they are are the Barca of England. lol

it will be arsenal and only arsenal to be the Barca of England :P

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Considering the amount of money you'd be wanting that kind of return ;) and it still wasnt good enough in the end!

it just a Mata of time the FFP rule are enforced :P

edit|: they are currently probing around the 400m sponsor deal

I'm not a fan of Platini either, but at least he cares about football and not the length of the female players shorts :)

Personally think Samir Nasri chose the #19 shirt as a way of saying;

"I wanted to go to Manchester United, but City will do."

If he really is on 200k p/w, and a fee of 25m, I'm lost as to how City will meet FFP.

Yup.

Here is Mancini discussing Nasri:

[video=youtube;tAXEtAFX0wc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAXEtAFX0wc[/video]

Interesting, he intends to use him as he uses Silva...but on the other flank (left side). He sees him as similiar to Silva..."but Nasri can play in the central midfield, Silva can't"..interesting. Wonder where he will be used more?

If he really is on 200k p/w, and a fee of 25m, I'm lost as to how City will meet FFP.

Sponsoring random buildings with the Sheikh's friends and hoping UEFA go blind.

I'm not a fan of Platini either, but at least he cares about football and not the length of the female players shorts :)

My take is that Platini cares about his vision of football, which doesnt particularly include english teams.

My take is that Platini cares about his vision of football, which doesnt particularly include english teams.

Couldn't give a stuff about English teams. Remember his face when Barca beat Utd? Just wanted to do unpleasant things to him

Back