Netherlands v Spain [World Cup Final]

Who will be the new World Champions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just like Spain should have, face it, Howard Webb was awful and did decide the outcome of the game..
The game, I'm about 50/50 on if the right team won as Holland play the tactical game to perfection.

Like he should, he does errors that the best referee in the world should not do.
they had their chances, they blew them. spain took when it game. when you they that kind of tactical game, chances are few inbetween, and you absolutely must take them. they didnt. spain did

A bit gutted about my Villa bet for the golden boot. Conned a bit, never knew until tonight it was decided on assists it should just be a tie for betting purposes because I just associated Golden Boot on goals never assists. This means that there is no point betting on strikers cos they wont have as many assists as wingers and midfielders :O. :'( :'(

forlan wins the golden ball!!!! well happy for him

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

A bit gutted about my Villa bet for the golden boot. Conned a bit, never knew until tonight it was decided on assists it should just be a tie for betting purposes because I just associated Golden Boot on goals never assists. This means that there is no point betting on strikers cos they wont have as many assists as wingers and midfielders :O. :'( :'(
well most wingers wont score 5 goals to be fair

It's only decided on assists if the goals are level.. Villa was level with Forlan on goals scored and they are both strikers.. Muller is a striker, just can play Wide Right, and Sneijder is a midfielder who only got 1 assists..

Well done to Spain.

The Dutch tried and lost their discipline and to me thats what lost them the game.

As I said, where did you bet. Different companies have different terms. I know betfred was who scored the most goals. My winning bet was split by 4. So find out.

Indeed. Deserved by Forlan. He was my favourite alongside Sneijder.

What an awful world cup, only 2-3 teams in the whole tournament that were not rolling around the floor like little *******. Spain were not good during this WC and how they managed to win is beyond me. So much controversy and players acting like little girls has just ruined it.... Good job Fifa!

Yeah :'( I will take my betting slip and argue it anyway, you never know. I just though Golden Boot = Top Goalscorer :S

What an awful world cup, only 2-3 teams in the whole tournament that were not rolling around the floor like little *******. Spain were not good during this WC and how they managed to win is beyond me. So much controversy and players acting like little girls has just ruined it.... Good job Fifa!
2 goals conceded, thats why they won... you cant lose if you dont concede

As I said, where did you bet. Different companies have different terms. I know betfred was who scored the most goals. My winning bet was split by 4. So find out.

Yeah, I had golden boot at Coral. Tightest bookies in the world :'(. I will argue it in any case.

Scrappy game I should say with far too many fouls and the Dutch paid in the end with the red card which really cost them

2 goals conceded, thats why they won... you cant lose if you dont concede

the problem is every team apart from Chile, Argentina & Germany played like that which made it quite a dull world cup at times. I personally think Spain dive/playact too much at times aswell

Yea, negative football ftw.. Boring team that spent half the time rolling around on the floor.
they wernt negative at all, greece, they were negative. spain tried to play football, they actually played too much, always going through the middle, when they needed to go wide. but the teams defended narrow and tight. yet somehow you blame spain for being negative...

Holland used to be about total football tonight was anti-football.

Webb couldn't win either way, Bommel and De Jong should of gone in the 1st half. Puyol would of been sent off if Robben had gone down like he usually does albeit this time was a foul, but he stayed on his feet. Heitenga put his hand up on a player and had been booked, it is his stupidity and deserved a red. Robben could've got a second yellow for playing on after the whistle (Xavi was booked later for kicking the ball away.).

Holland could of have 7 men by the end, and on another day Robben would've gone down and Puyol off an well Iniesta could of been booked for the foul on Bommel too and sent off for taking shirt off.

Spain weren't great but Holland where horrible. Some one said tatically good, pull the other one.

I dunno why we're all moaning about Spain diving....:S

...We've got Gerrard in our team XD

A lot of teams' mentality wasn't about "we must win", it was more about "we can't lose" which led to a lot of tentative matches and of course boring for the fans to watch.. all in all it was a decent World Cup, but nowhere near as good as it had the potential to be.