Netherlands v Spain [World Cup Final]

Who will be the new World Champions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who the BBC? I know they thought it should have been Iniesta I disagree. Forlan maybe was the deserved winner although Muller comes close and if any Spanish player should have won it should have probably been David Villa and then Xavi.

Yeah, instead of congratulating him they just kinda dismissed it totally and were like "None of us voted for him." Pfft.

I've gotta say, those Dutch are really irritating players. To have the neck to make call after call on the ref's decision is extremely annoying. The Dutch should have had at most 9 players on the pitch - Van Bommel and De Jong should definately been sent off.

Not the final I, personally, wanted nor expected, let down my expectations. The Spanish were definately the better side here tonight. Glad for the Spanish. Plus, 2 World Cup Gold Medals for Liverpool, and 2 Silver World Cup Medals ! :D

Eljero Elias looked dangerous, if he had started I don't think Ramos would have had the freedom he had early in the first half putting pressure on the Dutch.

Pleased for the Spanish, although it's a shame about Torres, Fingers crossed now.

I know what you mean. I think they also underrate Xavi so much. For me he's Spain's best player.

should have been 2 more dutch red cards. well done so spain

pretty boring game if im honest but spain proberly deserved the win just about. webb was pretty average yesterday as i said he would but it wasent an easy game to get hold ov to be fair.

no offence to Webb but Holland where robed

sorry but thats stupid....i was supporting holland and they were in no way robbed, they were lucky to have 10 men on the pitch and not 9 considering the karate kick...so to be honest...they were lucky not robbed.

still.....biggest waste of 120minutes.... would of rather watched north korea vs south korea final.

sorry but thats stupid....i was supporting holland and they were in no way robbed, they were lucky to have 10 men on the pitch and not 9 considering the karate kick...so to be honest...they were lucky not robbed.

still.....biggest waste of 120minutes.... would of rather watched north korea vs south korea final.

mate look at the events before the goal
a corner not given and Elia was fouled trying to get through two of Spain's defenders

I have lost alot of respect for the Dutch, criticising Howard Webb, when he showed them leniency when they should have had about 4 players sent off.

Sore losers, they didn't deserve to win if they waste the two chances Robben had, it was their own fault.

sat through such a ***** game...
went to the toilet in the 115th minute
came back and it was 1-0
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I missed the GOAL!!!!!?!?!

I have lost alot of respect for the Dutch, criticising Howard Webb, when he showed them leniency when they should have had about 4 players sent off.

Sore losers, they didn't deserve to win if they waste the two chances Robben had, it was their own fault.

Honestly, I don't know why people are so quick to blame the ref. Force of habit I suppose. But they played terribly. Even if every decision had gone their way, Spain simply outclassed them.

They're **** lucky to have finished that game with 10 men. I was pulling for The Netherlands going in, but seeing how badly they handle losing I can't imagine what winning would've been like.

Spain deserved it, and they got it in the end.

He made alot of poor decisions going both ways, he was pretty **** all round.

Like I said 3 days ago, if Spain wins, it will be 1-0.

Again, one of the most boring champions ever. Scoring just 8 goals in 7 games in a WC. The lowest amount scored by a WC Champ in WC History. Just disgusting. But well, they deserved to win it anyway.

Howard Webb´s performance was as bas as it can be. It seemed the game was to big for him and it got out of his hands... He should have sent off many dutch players, couple of penalties not given......its like he didnt dare to make a drastic decision, and let the penalties decide who is the winner.... Quite awful.

Again, one of the most boring champions ever. Scoring just 8 goals in 7 games in a WC. The lowest amount scored by a WC Champ in WC History. Just disgusting. But well, they deserved to win it anyway.

Howard Webb´s performance was as bas as it can be. It seemed the game was to big for him and it got out of his hands... He should have sent off many dutch players, couple of penalties not given......its like he didnt dare to make a drastic decision, and let the penalties decide who is the winner.... Quite awful.
he wanted to let the gameplay. if anyone runied teh final it was the dutch, he could have sent two of them off at half time, and the game would have been ruined. and he still he would been blasted for that. lose-lose situation for him

You said it yourself, Spain deserved to win. Everyone against Spain came out with the same game plan. Get 10 men behind the ball and get close to Xavi and Iniesta. Nothing wrong with that as you do what you can to win but when teams such as Germany are so good going forward and change their game plan is quite disappointing. People don't realise how hard it is to break down a good strong well organised team with everyone behind the ball. They are not going to score 4-5 goals per game. That is just football.