Netherlands v Spain [World Cup Final]

Who will be the new World Champions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
they wernt negative at all, greece, they were negative. spain tried to play football, they actually played too much, always going through the middle, when they needed to go wide. but the teams defended narrow and tight. yet somehow you blame spain for being negative...

Playing two holding midfielders and wingers who don't take players on (apart from Navas and Villa when he was on the wing) is quite defensive. But it's a matter of opinion if you thing keeping the ball is defensive/offensive

Fabregas made a real impact as soon as he came on,he linked up really well with Iniesta and then played a pin-point pass to set-up the goal

Jesus Navas too kept the defence worried with his pace and dribbling

Robben did not have the best of games as he missed 2 clear cut chances,although he was good in patches

Rob Van Persie had a poor game never really getting on the end of the ball and was more often than not offside

Sergio Ramos was really good in the opening minutes with a header that nearly went in,he had a good game

Iniesta was by far the best player on the pitch especially at the end,and was rewared with a well taken goal

At the end of the day,it was who took the few chances that came his way and managed not to get stuck in

the problem is every team apart from Chile, Argentina & Germany played like that which made it quite a dull world cup at times. I personally think Spain dive/playact too much at times aswell
that i agree, but to call spain negative is a bit of a fallacy.

Switzerland, unofficial World Cup Winners 2010!

All my statuses for the last month have been about football, so one of my mates got fed up and wrote..

''all your statuses over the past month have been bout the world cup, get a life''

I'm glad my mates have noticed... shame it's over now :'(

Playing two holding midfielders and wingers who don't take players on (apart from Navas and Villa when he was on the wing) is quite defensive. But it's a matter of opinion if you thing keeping the ball is defensive/offensive
i'd argue its what you do with the ball rather than how you line up that makes you defensive. but im suprsied at the near obession of them to go through the middle

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Netherlands haven't played total football at International level since about 1978.
this

A lot of teams' mentality wasn't about "we must win", it was more about "we can't lose" which led to a lot of tentative matches and of course boring for the fans to watch.. all in all it was a decent World Cup, but nowhere near as good as it had the potential to be.

I can relate to that,although Argentina and Germany both played football which in certain matches was pleasing to the eye like how Germany took apart England on the break,Holland commited far too many fouls today and were punished for it,anyways they had to do something to stop Spain passing the ball which they were able to do for most part of the game

who would have thought it...

New Zealand being the only unbeaten team in the world cup.

Shame,the game was no where near as good as it had the potential to be....

To be honest, they were both my favorites for the World Cup and I'm happy that one of them achieved their goal(no pun intended). The fact that Torres and Reina were part of the winning squad is the icing on the cake for me. That being said, Kuyt is still one of my favorite Liverpool players. I admire hard-workers on the pitch, irrespective of their talent.

The truth is Spain's Team is really strong......their Midifeld is packed with quality and the only way Holland could stop them is to pressurise them the moment they were on the ball and stop them from passing it...which they did,but in the process gave away too many fouls......

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

forlan won the golden ball heard IT on MOTD

I thought that Muller,Villa and Sneijder were on the same number of goals as him?

Or is there another method to calculate if more than 2 people tie on goals?

That is the golden boot. The golden ball is for the player of the tournament.

The truth is Spain's Team is really strong......their Midifeld is packed with quality and the only way Holland could stop them is to pressurise them the moment they were on the ball and stop them from passing it...which they did,but in the process gave away too many fouls......

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

I thought that Muller,Villa and Sneijder were on the same number of goals as him?

Or is there another method to calculate if more than 2 people tie on goals?
Muller won the Golden Boot; he had the most assists :mad:

Last edited:
And another 1-0. -_-

It annoyed me the way they reacted to Forlan winning the Golden ball too. Allan Hansen, could he be any more biased?

Last edited:
And another 1-0. -_-

It annoyed me the way they reacted to Forlan winning the Golden ball too. Allan Hansen, could he be any more biased?

Who the BBC? I know they thought it should have been Iniesta I disagree. Forlan maybe was the deserved winner although Muller comes close and if any Spanish player should have won it should have probably been David Villa and then Xavi.