Status
Not open for further replies.
Victor Moses Leaves Wigan As Jordi Gomez Also Looks Set To Leave...
Moses_2503437.jpg
Jordi-Gomez-Wigan_2337065.jpg

Gary Neville has today confirmed that Young striker Victor Moses has left Wigan for a fee of £7.25Million. The young striker has found himself out of luck with manager Neville and has moved to Sunderland! Following his move he hit out at Neville saying that he has lost a big part of the team and wish Wigan were relegated! Jordi Gomez, who was in the reserves has also been transfer listed and is entering personal terms with Hannover!

Wigans Fourth Friendly In Seven Days...

mkdons%20logo.jpg

MK Dons 2 - 6 Wigan
O'Hanlon (9) Baldock (13) - Rodallega (2, 28, 35) Cleverley (5) Diame (73) N'Zogbia (81)
What a fantastic start to this game! Wigan and MK Dons both started attacking as Rodallega found a way through in just the second minute! Cleverley popped up to score his second of pre season and Wigans second of the game! Dons struck two back in four minutes though to bring the scores level! Rodallega went on to net two more to complete his hatrick just before the interval! Wigan came out on top second half and pinned Dons back in their own half as wanted midfielders Diame and N'Zogbia both found the net from inside the box!
Hugo-Rodallega-Wigan-v-Su-001.jpg

(Rodallega celebrates his hatrick goal against MK Dons in the first half!)

Last edited:
Rodallega will be important for you this season I reckon buddy, he's a top draw striker :) Another good pre season update, keep it up buddy :)

7.25 mil for Moses quality fee. Dont rate the lad KIU and a gr8 update

Rodallega will be important for you this season I reckon buddy, he's a top draw striker :) Another good pre season update, keep it up buddy :)

Yer he looked awesome in this fixture! could of easily had 4 or 5 goals tbh! but settle for three :) he wont be going anywhere :) thanks mate :D

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

7.25 mil for Moses quality fee. Dont rate the lad KIU and a gr8 update

He;s young so may come back to haunt me, but for now the kid had to go! and the fee was there, i offered him for 7.5mil but settle for 7.25 :) thanks buddy :)

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Dida Turns Down Wigan! Al Habsi Named Number 1...
efc__1291740148_al-habsi.jpg

Neville has confirmed that Ali Al Habsi will be Wigan Athletics number one goalkeeper for the season to come! Al Habsi who has currently played every friendly under Neville, is set to be given the number one shirt after a strong run of performances and as Dida turned away a chance of the Premier League!

Another Friendly For Neville...

200px-Portsmouth_FC_crest_2008.png

Portsmouth 0 - 1 Wigan
S.Caldwell (48)
Portsmouth invited Wigan to Fratton park following their relegation! Portsmouth who were looking to bounce back to the English Premier League this season named a strong side as did Wigan! This game potentially was a cracker! But everyone was wrong, a first half which saw loads of shots but very few hitting the target! Second half Steve n Caldwell hit the net from a header from the corner! That was the only goal of the game! Al Habsi kept a clean sheet after being told he was the number one keeper for the coming season!
tom-cleverley-equalises-006.jpg

(Tom Cleverley celebrates as his corner found the head of Steven Caldwell for the only goal of the game!)

Al Habsi is a good keeper he'll do well for you, you must have some transfer news :D looking forward to that!

Jordi Gomez Departs...!
Jordi-Gomez-Wigan_2337065.jpg

Spanish 25year old, midfielder has been shown the door at the DW Stadium as Gary Neville put him up for sale! Hannover were quick to pounce on the Spanish star and offered him a contract! Gomez did ask Neville to reconsider the transfer listing but when Neville turned it down Gomez accepted Hannover! The fee is thought to be around £7million! With three players now left the club and the transfers making £15.5million, surely we are set to see some players come in the other way...?

Gillingham Host Wigan For A 'Friendly'...

gillingham.gif

Gillingham 0 - 7 Wigan
Rodallega (6, 16, 26, 35) G.Caldwell (38) S.Caldwell (45+1) Di Santo (54)
Gillingham got destroyed by a strong Wigan performance and possibly the best display Neville has seen since arriving at the Dw stadium! Rodallega continued his form with the first four goals of this game! the first two he latched on to some poor defending! And the next two he used his head well to climb above the defenders and make the score 4-0. Gary Caldwell then scored from a corner which was quickly responded by his brother as Steven Caldwell scored from the next corner! 6-0 at half time and Gillingham still came out fighting as they switched to a defensive mentality and only ended up conceding one goal which one young starlet Franco Di Santo!
hugo-rodallega_g_1508987c.jpg

(Rodallega celebrates his fourth goal against Gillingham to put Wigan 4-0 up!)

What a scoreline!!! Get in mate, Rodallega is fantastic talent :)

I like Jordi Gomez but I feel he never does as well as his stats would tell you! :)

What a scoreline!!! Get in mate, Rodallega is fantastic talent :)

I like Jordi Gomez but I feel he never does as well as his stats would tell you! :)

Yer i know, it was a good fee and should help my bank a little bit :) next updates on its way :D

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Wigan Cancel and Re-arrange Last Friendly...?

htafc_badges_huddersfield_town_crest_2007_2008_medium.jpg

Following their current pre season success Gary Neville's side were set to play two more friendlies before they would prepare their wait for the Premier League to kick off! They travelled to Swindon today to play the League one side at the country ground and were also set to play League one side Huddersfield on the 31st August! But Wigan Manager Gary Neville has cancelled the Huddersfield game and in its place arranged another Wigan vs Reserves game so he can re-evaluate his squad and see how far they have come on! Wise thinking from the gaffer?

swindon-badge.jpg.png

Swindon 1 - 4 Wigan
Amankwaah (87) - Rodallega (Pen.14, 58, 75) S.Caldwell (22)
Yet another dominating friendly win for Gary Neville! He must be beginning to look to the Premier League now as his side keep performing so well! Rodallega was the man of the moment again netting another pre season hatrick! as Steven Caldwell scored his third of pre season and his third in as many games! A wonderful achievement for the centre back early on! Swindon did grab a consolation goal but it wasn't anything to get the home fans excited about!
Hugo-Rodallega-Wigan-woe-v-Bolton-2010_2431621.jpg

(Rodallega to a seat in amazement as he scored another hatrick!)

Another good update buddy :) Rodallega again!!! Transfers buddy :D

Nevilles Last Friendly Before The Big Kick Off...

Wigan_athletic_new_badge.png

Gary Neville re-arranged this fixture for his own purpose! He wanted to see if his side had come on any more since he took over! He wanted to see an improve over the last 3-0 score between the two sides! But he wanted to see if their was any potential talent in the reserves early on!

Wigan 5 - 0 Wigan Reserves
Rodallega (13, 61, 70, 90+2) Di Santa (55)
Wigan carried out their dominance even against their reserves side they showed no mercy! Rodallega's superb pre season form continued as he hit another four goals and assisted Di Santo's goal! It's important Wigan rest now and take this into the league with their form and heads held high! Who Knows what Gary Neville could achieve!

Wigan-Athletic-0011.jpg

(Wigan Celebrate Rodallega's fourth goal!)

Gary Neville On Pre Season...

gary-neville_1528782c.jpg

From my view it's been a perfect July! I got the job early on and our pre season run was emphatic! Course I didn't expect some of those results and the only one we didn't win we gained a more than creditable draw against a strong Porto side away from home! That's the teams efforts! They have welcomed me into the club and listened to what I have to say and the long term goals are what we are heading for now! Rodallega has been my man of pre season and as he sits by me now, I must say he has been awesome scoring and assisting in numbers!

_48907006_hugogoal466.jpg

For me it's been an emphatic pre season, if that's how you'd say it! Gary has given my confidence a boost and kept me at this club whilst other men left and teams came knocking for me! And I only play my football to do the best for this club and to pay him back for the loyalty he has shown me! Now I can't wait to begin pre season to begin our search for fame in the long run!​

Are you seriously going into the season with no signings at all :O your mad lol!!

Are you seriously going into the season with no signings at all :O your mad lol!!

Who said I need signings? :) got a couple in the pipeline mate just hold your horses :D

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Fans Upset At Losing Favourite...!

Landon-Donovan.jpg

Gary Neville today opened his cheque book as he signed Los Angeles favourite Landon Donovan for just £3.7Million! Donovan who found himself transfer listed had a lot of clubs following him for his signature but he claimed working for a great such as Neville inspired him to sign for Wigan! Now it's likely he will start against Bolton in the league game in just 11days! Donovan joined up with the squad this morning to begin training!

Wigan Accept £12.5Million Bid For McCarthy...!

James-McCarthy-Wigan-Premier-League_2559134.jpg

James McCarthy seems to be the latest player set to leave the DW Stadium against the will of Gary Neville! Manchester United came snooping for the player 2weeks ago and Neville turned down the deal! But Manchester United this morning hit Wigan with a £12.5Million deal which was accepted my chairman Dave Whelan! Neville is set to have talks with Whelan over this deal soon!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.