Newcastle set to appoint Pardew

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 103
  • Views Views 5K
Fianlly when everyone thought there is some stability in the club and growing step by step MA did this.

All the best Pardew.

Biggest step backwards by a owner i have ever seen.. shockin appointment

If Fat Bloke was anywhere near serious about appointing someone with a bit of gumpsion then Martin O'Neil would surely have been the top- man to get it. But thinking about he would probably just clash with MA.

I feel sorry for Houghton, Pardew and Newcastle fans. Fans for being treated like dirt, Pardew for the situation he's walking into (and having to work with that **** Ashely in charge), and Houghton for being treated like ****. Pardew's not such a bad manager, but for christ's sake. Houghton was doing a great job in my opinion. But apparently it's been in the managers circle for the last few weeks he was under pressure. What a disgrace.

Silly silly decision by Mike Ashley , when all starts to look on the up and things are starting to go in the right direction he goes and fires the manager. Houghton deserves better than Newcastle United , hes a talented manager with experience of the league and England itself as well as a good amount of experience in coaching further down the club systems. Hopefully he wont go back into coaching and instead will look for a championship/league one managerial role. In my opinion thats where he deserves to be.

Pardew isn't such a bad manager , yeah hes long ball tactics and sometimes inconsistent displays from his clubs can be frustrating as i found out last season but hes a man with the best interest of whatever club hes at at heart and is underrated.

(btw this is my first post so dont bite to much)

Its kinda stupid, Hughton was a great manager and really i can see the morale of the team dipping to an all-time low and Pardew is really not a manager who can handle such teams

Looks like Pardew could be taking charge as early as tomorrow or friday

Last edited:
Is this some sort of sick joke?

Atleast Newcastle will be playing in some form of "Champions" competition next year.

Gotta agree with previous posts. This is ridiculous. I'm hoping though that Newcastle fans won't take it out on Pardew though. He is a respectful guy and try's his best. But it is ridiculous though. Not only was Houghton doing a really good job, he was also steadying the ship at the club, so the board could go about their business without distraction quietly. Looks like we now know what they were up to. Stabbing Houghton in the back.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Anyone know about the planned fan walkout during the match? Apparently if Pardew's appointed, fans will walk out during the match

The only thing that needs to be done now by all newcastle fans, is give Pardew a chance, i know Hughton should never have left and Pardew should be no where near the job, but if he gets announced as Newcastle boss, get behind him. Which im sure all you newcastle fans will do as per usual, i just think the point needs to be made that it isn't Pardew's fault for this happening.

I could be biased as i met Pardew and all the Charlton team 3 years ago at Malaga airport when they were returning home from a pre season tour ^^)
View attachment 117499

really nice bloke tbf

I have no issues with Pardew as a person, but the fact that he has been sacked by a League One team, and is now just walking into a Premiership job just seems retarded.

I have no issues with Pardew as a person, but the fact that he has been sacked by a League One team, and is now just walking into a Premiership job just seems retarded.

Ye totally agree!! He didn't appoint himself though, all negativity should be straight at that fat useless C*NT!

Admittedly, Hughton's sacking was ridiculous, but it's done now. I'm sure Pardew is capable of doing a good job there. It's a tough spot for him to be in, knowing he's got little to no support. He shoulda never been sacked by Southampton, give it some time and i'm sure he will win the fans round.

Well, you never know. Things may go well, and one day soon, the tool that is Ashley will be forced out somehow.

Back