Newcastle set to appoint Pardew

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 103
  • Views Views 5K
lets see how he does, after thinking about it he is not really a very bad manager, he is decent enough so I hope he can keep Newcastle up as I like to see Barton playing in the EPL :)

Lets see if they have another 'Boycoutt' like they did when Keegan left XD

I think Carroll and Barton should smash Ashley :)

theres been loads of hammers fans phoning up talk sport today telling newcastle fans to stop complaining, they would have pardew back tomorrow, and that they highly rate him...

so you never know oO)

Well they are friends, so the relantionship will be better then his reign at soton.....

Friends untill he realises how much of a **** Ashley is yah?

Friends untill he realises how much of a **** Ashley is yah?

True that, Still i bet he rather works with friends who intervene then a random foreigner.... I am not saying this is the correct decision, i just dont think pardew is that much if a failure, he had some good times and some bad ones,, like all managers, just he is now in an impossible job.

To be fair, another club, and another set of players for Pardew. There is no reason why he cannot succeed. May give him a chance to prove himself, and every other fan should as well. He did well with Reading, and for the most part did well at West Ham. Charlton were already as good as gone when he joined, and he was screwed around at Southampton.

To be fair, another club, and another set of players for Pardew. There is no reason why he cannot succeed. May give him a chance to prove himself, and every other fan should as well. He did well with Reading, and for the most part did well at West Ham. Charlton were already as good as gone when he joined, and he was screwed around at Southampton.
Ah, the 'He could be a success because of...perhaps' stage. Went through it with Woy. (K)<)

Merry-go-round? Pardew to West Ham, Grant to Newcastle? ^^)

lol wtf that is shocking appointment. If i were a newcastle season ticket holde i would boycot the games for this decison

Ah, the 'He could be a success because of...perhaps' stage. Went through it with Woy. (K)<)

Merry-go-round? Pardew to West Ham, Grant to Newcastle? ^^)

There is no reason why he shouldn't be successful. There are some very good players at Newcastle, and plenty of good youngsters coming through.

Alan Pardew has been named the new manager of Newcastle United on a five-and-a-half year deal that means he will be in charge until the summer of 2016.

5 and a half year deal?

What the **** is he thinking?

He's just going to have to pay more compensation when he sacks him :S

next fixtures are against, liverpool, birmingham, man city and tottenham. we shall see how he fares

Last edited:
Alan Pardew has been named the new manager of Newcastle United on a five-and-a-half year deal that means he will be in charge until the summer of 2016.

5 and a half year contract to someone who has being sacked from his last 3 jobs I think ?

to be fair to pardew, he did do a fantastic job at Southampton who were in a mess when he joined but the length of the deal surprises me a bit considering newcastles amount of manages under ashley

Press conference at 2-30 GMT. Long deal for such a risky appointment.Ashley is putting it all on the line.

Apparently the other bosses(Jol, O'Neill etc) wanted more cash than he was prepared to offer.

to be fair to pardew, he did do a fantastic job at Southampton who were in a mess when he joined but the length of the deal surprises me a bit considering newcastles amount of manages under ashley

I agree. What is it at the moment, 13 managers in 13 years or something ridiculous like that? Maybe giving Pardew that contract length, is a way of getting some sort of stability at the club? I'm saying that, because with the squad they have now, and the talent that's coming through, I honestly don't think have they can get relegated if they tried. So I see it as a contract for stability and rebuilding.

Back