Newcastle United Vs Arsenal (Premier League)

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
im predicting a 2-2 draw, just aslong as Gervinho plays well because he is in my dreamteam.

Pleased with the news that Vermaelen's fit to play, I also heard RVP was? Not 100% sure though.

The team will be something like this:

Harper
Simpson S. Taylor Colo Ferguson
Barton Cabaye Tiote Jonas
Ba Ameobi

Marveaux a 2nd half sub :D

Pleased with the news that Vermaelen's fit to play, I also heard RVP was? Not 100% sure though.

I think it's just Wilshere confirmed injured atm, then obviously Cesc and Nasri out.

Will Barton be playing considering his 'recent' Twitter activity? IE. Saying that Jose Enrique's gone, him and Jonas are next out and all this jazz.

Newcastle 2-2 Arsenal
Ba Van Persie
Coloccini Gervinho

If last season's games are anything to go by it should be a good game

FOOTBALLLLLLL!!:D:D:D:D

I reckon we will nick it 5-4 XD

I am going home win, I just have a good feeling we may be able to do it, Strolla and Jonas the goals.

Will Barton be playing considering his 'recent' Twitter activity? IE. Saying that Jose Enrique's gone, him and Jonas are next out and all this jazz.

Yeah, looks likely to play, possibly even start, most likely a 4-5-1, Tiote sitting deeper behind Cabaye and Barton.

I reckon a draw is in order, maybe an Arsenal win. Arsenal always seem to win their opening games awfully comfortably, but I'm expecting Newcastle to give them a wee fright.

Expected #AFC team: Szczesny; Sagna, TV, Kosc, Gibbs; Song, Ramsey; Rosicky; Arshavin, RVP, Gervinho. Chamberlain & Jenk bench
Twitter

the team according to sam matterface

Good enough line-up to win this match IMO.

Think 2-1 is quite realistic.

yep i will go for a 3-1 win with gervinho scoring

yep i will go for a 3-1 win with gervinho scoring

That's my prediction too. Don't see us keeping a clean sheet (even though our stats read favourably for pre-season - we've only conceded two goals with our first choice back 5 playing, with both of them being OGs), but I think we can win.

If Savage is a pundit and says any tosh about Gervinho I may have to put my fist through my Sky box. At the very least my mouth will foam...

Newcastle Team
Krul
Simpson
S.Taylor
Coloccini(c)
R.Taylor
Barton
Cabaye
Tiote
Jonas
Shola Ameobi
Ba

Subs:Forster, Williamson, Gosling, Sammi Ameobi, Obertan, Lovenkrands, Best

So, Barton starts and Marveaux isn't even in the squad. And 3 strikers on the bench?

The Teams Newcastle

Krul

Simpson S.Taylor Coloccini(c) R.Taylor

Barton Cabaye Tiote Jonas

Ameobi Ba

Arsenal

Woj

Sagna Koscielny Vermaelan Gibbs

Song Ramsey

Arshavin Rosicky Gervinho

Van Persie

[/CENTER]

Last edited:
Arsenal subs: Fabianski, Djourou, Jenkinson, Frimpong, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Chamakh.

If Savage is a pundit and says any tosh about Gervinho I may have to put my fist through my Sky box. At the very least my mouth will foam...

Apparently he said this:

"They've spent £15 million on a kid from the Championship, this boy Carl Dickinson and Joe Campbell."

(via @AAllenSport)

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

lmao - ESPN also said Cabaye was Lille's top assister.

Gervinho was actually, as their own website shows. Gervinho was the only player in L1 to get into double figures for *both goals and* assists. Muppets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.