Newcastle United Vs Arsenal (Premier League)

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calum

Reaction score
Saturday 13th August 2011
Barclays Premier League
17:30 Kickoff (Live on ESPN)
St James Park, Newcastle

200px-Newcastle_United_Logo.svg.png
200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

So the season is finally here! and this match will be the first televised match of the season and what a game to pick as this game was undoubtedly the game of the season with Newcastle fans estatic after comming back from 4 goals down to draw 4-4. The Arsenal fans were dumbstruck at somehow losing a 4 goal lead and also bcoming the first team to loose a 4 goal lead in a PL match. The teams will be quite different to the 22 who played in that match in February with quite a few players leaving and joining both clubs.

Team News Newcastle
Winger Hatem Ben Arfa is Newcastle's only injury absentee after damaging his left ankle in pre-season.
Mike Williamson has recovered from a broken arm and Danny Guthrie and Shane Ferguson are fit.

Team News Arsenal
Want-away pair Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri are not in the squad while Robin van Persie (knee) and Kieran Gibbs (thigh) face late fitness tests.
Theo Walcott and Thomas Vermaelen return but Jack Wilshere (ankle) and Abou Diaby (ankle) are definitely out.

Predicted Teams - Newcastle

Harper

Simpson Williamson Colo S.Taylor

Barton Cabaye Tiote Marveaux

Ba Ameobi

Predicted Teams - Arsenal

Szczesny

Sagna Vermaelen Koscielny Gibbs

Ramsey Song Rosicky

Gervinho Van Persie Walcott

Last 4 Results between these two teams

Newcastle 4 - 4 Arsenal (PL)
Arsenal 0 - 1 Newcastle (PL)
Newcastle 0 Arsenal 4 (CC)
Newcastle 1 - 3 Arsenal (PL)
Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle (PL)
Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle (PL)
Head to Head

Newcastle have not won any of their last five home matches against Arsenal (four league, one cup). Their last home win over the Gunners was in December 2005 when Nobby Solano's goal eight minutes from time gave the Magpies victory.

Random Newcastle Fact
Last season, the Magpies won just one of the 13 Premier League matches in which they were level at half-time.

Random Arsenal Fact

The Gunners hit the woodwork more times (22) than anyone else in 2010-11

Last edited:
As an Arsenal fan I have a bad feeling about this game. Also I think RVP and Vermaelen are injury doubts too.

As an Arsenal fan I have a bad feeling about this game. Also I think RVP and Vermaelen are injury doubts too.

Yeah will fix the op once we know team news, thats just who i want to play

I have it down as a 2-1 Arsenal win but can easily see the Toon winning.

We need our signings ASAP.

Tough to tell... I'd certainly ask StuW or someone else who's better at predicting lineups, I'd go with something like this?

Harper
Simpson Williamson Colo S. Taylor
Barton Cabaye Tiote Marveaux
Ba Ameobi

No idea who'll fill in at LB with Ferguson injured, unless ofc we get a replacement quickly (which we wont)

Either way I think our (and most of the EPLs) defence will have a nightmare with Gervinho so not optimistic about this game.

Last edited:
Cabaye will be one to mark tightly as he has some shot on him

Will be hoping for a Newcastle win as speculation continues to loom over the futures of both Fabregas and Nasri and with RVP 50-50 for this game, I can certainly see Toon coming back from this match with some points in the bag

I reckon we'll throw away a two goal lead. 2-2 Van P, Walcott / Ameobi, Tiote

Looking forward to the football again, not particularly looking forward to the dross we may have to field.

Arsenal Team News...

northbanklowerwearethenorthbank

Injury update, Walcott, RVP, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Ramsey all fit. Gibbs late fitness test. Wilshere definitely out. #Arsenal

Awesome. Wilshere out, just what we need. At least Kos and Vermaelen are fit which means Squillaci should have no impact on the game.

Philly posted this in Arsenal thread.

Don't we have a BBC live saturday thread or something like that?

I'd rather have this formation:

Harper
Simpson - Williamson - Coloccini - S. Taylor
Obertan - Cabaye - Tiote - Marveaux
Ben Arfa
Ba

Fairly confident of winning this, despite all thats going on with Cesc/Nasri the players who go out there will do the business. Either 3-0 with RVP, Gervinho and Walcott scoring or 3-1 with Ba scoring for Newcastle.

Just great to have football back though :D

I have a bad feeling about this game but I have a bad feeling about every game being an Arsenal fan I'm going to say 3-3. Arenal to go 3-0 up then Newastle to make it 3-2, then score a equalizer with 5 mins left

But it is great to have the Premier League back.:wub:

Last edited:
I have a bad feeling about this game but I have a bad feeling about every game being an Arsenal fan I'm going to say 3-3. Arenal to go 3-0 up then Newastle to make it 3-2 and Arsenal getting a goal with 5 mins left.

But it is great to have the Premier League back.:wub:

Only Arsenal could draw a game when the full-time score reads 4-2 in their favour ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.