• Newcastle United Win

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Manchester United Win

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If anything, Allerdyce did a good job, given the fact that he used to manage Newcastle, he was in no way bias at all, a couple of names wrong (minor) is no reason to say he's a shocking commentator. He didn't talk to much and he told it how it was, I say good job.

cant really have too many complaints about.

Off to sell Anderson and replace him with Nuri Sahin

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Thing is, with each set of points Arsenal seem to be dropping, really can't see it being a problem. Can see the Spurs v Arsenal game finishing in a draw. Chelsea may a bit different I guess as they are more capable of putting away chances than Arsenal at the moment (sorry Arsenal fans lol)

Arsenal find new ways to shoot themselves in the foot, can see them finishing 3rd at this rate, Chelsea could well come back into this if we are not careful, they are ticking over even if they are not at full steam

Sure Hernandez has a lot of potential. He could be the new Fillipo Indzaghi in the near future as hes movement off the ball is indeed amazing but this kind of games against that type of opponent he shouldnt be playing, as he doesnt have the creativity and the ability to be the connection between the midfield and the attack as Berbatov can. If Man Utd had a creative attacking midfield like VDV or Snejder this could be different.

Would've been a nice result had we not fallen at recent hurdles. Won't make a difference in the long run.

Sure Hernandez has a lot of potential. He could be the new Fillipo Indzaghi in the near future as hes movement off the ball is indeed amazing but this kind of games against that type of opponent he shouldnt be playing, as he doesnt have the creativity and the ability to be the connection between the midfield and the attack as Berbatov can. If Man Utd had a creative attacking midfield like VDV or Snejder this could be different.

Rooney thats link... He comes deeper to get the ball and be the creative spark.

Berbatov was taken ill, apparently, I would have liked to see him play too. But your first comments were truly ridiculous.

They were playing Newcastle, not World XI.

Barbatov is a lazy player, Hernandez is the complete opposite, you can't compare the two.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

What match were you watching? Because I didn't see Park...
Allardyce was talking about him possibly coming on as a sub when he called him "sung ji park".

Ref was pretty consistent with the two penalties. If the amount of contact in the first one didn't warrant a penalty then he couldn't really give the second one. Fairly similar amounts. Harsh to give him a yellow.

Last edited:
They were playing Newcastle, not World XI.

Well, even against Newcastle the Man Utd player couldnt pass the ball between them more than 3-4 times and there was constant running without knowing why :) Playing with Berba against weaker teams is vital as he could keep the ball and orginize the attack better than most of his teammates. And the partnership between Rooney and Berbatov is imho better than Rooney and Hernandez.

cant really have too many complaints about.

Off to sell Anderson and replace him with Nuri Sahin

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Arsenal find new ways to shoot themselves in the foot, can see them finishing 3rd at this rate, Chelsea could well come back into this if we are not careful, they are ticking over even if they are not at full steam

Sorry to pick this up Mike but I believe Anderson has signed a new contract earlier in the season, so I do not think he will be going anywhere.

Well, all I could say is "No Berbatov, no Man Utd this season". And for all of you thinking Hernandez is soooo good, the guy's first touch is awful , i mean AWFUL.

You obviously have not seen Hernandez in other games.... tonight no one played well but it was a very hit and miss game to be honest.

Regarding the result I think the two penalty calls were probably about right, Newcastle deserved a point and I just now can not wait until Tottenham make Arsenal drop more points. Come on United.

Sorry to pick this up Mike but I believe Anderson has signed a new contract earlier in the season, so I do not think he will be going anywhere.

You obviously have not seen Hernandez in other games.... tonight no one played well but it was a very hit and miss game to be honest.

Regarding the result I think the two penalty calls were probably about right, Newcastle deserved a point and I just now can not wait until Tottenham make Arsenal drop more points. Come on United.

You misunderstand, last sentence was about my game, nevermind

Draw was a fair result, great performance from us offensively in the first half, and defensively in the second, shows how important Tioté is to us. The first half showed just how badly we need a decent striker though (although Best might have scored), Lovenkrands put in a great shift, but he's not the best finisher... As for the penalties, Lovenkrands was a close call, if I was ref I probably wouldn't have given it, Hernandez's dive was cheap and a poor attempted dive, surely if you're going to cheat you should try to force some contact then go over, not hurdle the leg, and then throw your own legs back to try to simulate contact...

Quick Summary --- Good game, very entertaining, Tiote is a rock in midfield, and imo makes newcastle a totally different team, hernandez dived, there was no contact at all, never a penalty... as for lovenkrands, i can understand the ref's decision not to give the penalty being at the angle he was at, but there was definitely contact, and maybe another day could have been given.... and finally Chicharito, stop crying mate, simpson's not that evil
ingcrybaby.jpg

If anything, Allerdyce did a good job, given the fact that he used to manage Newcastle, he was in no way bias at all, a couple of names wrong (minor) is no reason to say he's a shocking commentator. He didn't talk to much and he told it how it was, I say good job.

Allardyce was terrible, especially in the first half. His idea of analysis was to say that everything was a mistake, and that they should have done the opposite after the fact, or to blurt out obvious, yet redundant, lines about trying to hit the target and trying to make chances. When players attack they do try to make chances, and when they shoot they do try to hit the target, that doesn't need to be pointed out afterwards if they fail to succeed. Also he was very keen to namedrop regarding Newcastle to try to claim recognition for José Enrique (as he has tried in the past).

You misunderstand, last sentence was about my game, nevermind

Oh right I thought you meant in real life lol and you kinda got my hopes up :p

Never really rated Anderson at all and we defo need a midfielder of some class in summer. Top priority along with GK.

IMO neither were penalties, ref had a good game. Newcastle all but safe now unfortunately, really want to see Pardew fail.

Also he was very keen to namedrop regarding Newcastle to try to claim recognition for José Enrique (as he has tried in the past).

Yeah I noticed that lol. I guess he has to take something positive from his time at Newcastle. :)

Tiote was brilliant. Hernandez was surprisingly poor... Didn't watch the whole game but saw most of it and he seemed fairly wasteful together with the rest of the team - was unlucky in the 2nd min, though when Krul made that brilliant save from a tap-in situation...

Re: the penalties - Anderson's challenge looked more like a penalty, perhaps because Lovenkrand's fall was more natural and the position the referee is in and the camera angle on the replay is at - it looks like he misses the ball and trips him but there isn't a huge amount of contact so it perhaps would have been slightly soft.

Hernandez was wrongly booked on 2nd viewing. He tries to jump the challenge and again, there may be very slight contact but it's minimal and I'm not sure it would have been enough for him to go down from the stuck out boot of Simpson alone - he tries to hurdle the challenge and perhaps is nicked by Simpson.. he loses his balance on landing and goes down. No penalty for me, but it wasn't a dive per-say.

Newcastle were brilliant. Guitierez looked dangerous running at the inexperienced Smalling and Vidic (despite both being very good, Smalling's inexperience leaves him vulnerable to sticking a leg out too late and Vidic has a habit of getting too square against pace - as shown vs West Ham, and why Torres in form used to give him nightmares) and Lovenkrands missed a sitter.

I wonder if Newcastle not scoring in the first half earned them a point.. Utd would have even more incentive to come out of the blocks in the 2nd half and going all out - especially with SAF in the dressing room at 1-0 down (which they deserved to be after NC's dominance).

Tioté continues to impress - £3m and what a signing.

EDIT:

OH - last two comments on the penalties:

1. SAF on the Anderson challenge: "I didn't see it" ;)

2. Could Jamie Redknapp and Dwight Yorke BE more biased? Both saying after the game that despite similar challenges, one was and one wasn't a pen. (obviously Redknapp, as an ex- Liverpool man said Anderson's was a foul and pen and Yorke said that was tricky, but Hernandez one was a foul and pen)

Last edited:
Hmm. Obviously as an Arsenal fan im biased, but Newcastle's penalty seemed for solid than United's, perhaps had Lovenkrands being going towards goal it may have been given. As for Hernandez, he jumps the challenge and lands awkwardly, no penalty and no booking, however he goes on to throw his arms in the air and protest for the penalty, which is why imo he was booked, although the whistle had already gone so perhaps the ref got lucky there.

Looks like Newcastle will stay up now. When I saw the result I got excited for a second, thinking Arsenal had a small chance in the title race, but then I remembered that they have Tottenham away today. Arsenal doesn't have a shot in **** at winning that one.

I wanted to watch this game but after a very hard days work and only 3 hours sleep the night before i was fast asleep by 8. I didnt know the score until 6 oclock this morining when i went for a pee and it did suprise me abit. Love Skys build up to this game "We are airing 2 games that always bring out the best and never fail to dissapoint" and this was a no scoredraw. Great point by Newcastle and its not a awful point for Utd either.