• Draw

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Chelsea Win

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Abandoned due to being snowed off

Votes: 12 16.9%

• Total voters
To be fair it swings both ways.

Would agree with you if that's what I was talking about.

I was referring to Billy's post where most of the United fans only come on here to gloat, and not reflect on the match. Not the amount of gloating, that as you say swings both ways.

Just got back from the game, good result. When we actually played football we played very well, but these spells were mostly in the first 20 mins and then around the hour mark. Gutierrez seemed reluctant to do what he does best; getting past his man, and Enrique had one of his more frustrating games. We played too many long balls down the wing, and didn't get the ball to Carroll/Ameobi enough in the second half. Our biggest problem was Guthrie though, most attacks broke down because of his lack of vision and passing back or behind the man.

Good defensive performances from both teams though, especially that tasty failed back pass (serves him right for trying to clatter Carroll in opening 2 mins).

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

good result, would have taken that just before kick off, especially with coloccini, williamson, barton and smith missing.

Smith? Really? Tioté >>> Smith. Not to knock Smith's work ethic, but he isn't a premiership standard holding midfielder.

Newcastle always do better against big teams bar Man United this season.

We played very well against Man Utd, 3-0 flattered them.

Height of joblessness. Searching for old posts to prove nothing but still searched and got the desired results.
Well CJACKO, thanks for the jinx. We have done as you have said.

seriously... get out more. and as i said in the post its still early days

Now on the game, typical recent Chelsea performance all fart no follow through if you will. Players didn't look intrested and lacked leadership again today as i have said in the last few games we need JT back in the side. The Newcastle goal was a massive blunder but it happens in football, its the way the defence reacted and they picked themself up and played pretty well. The midfield and strikeforce was really poor and had no ideas from the off, i think we should have started Sturridge insted of Kalou and McEachran insted of Ramires personly.

i think i make that near on 60shots on goal in our last 3 premierleague games with only 1 scored, i think if Lampard had played in any of them 3 things might have been a little different.

I will add on here that remember my quotes on Guardiola coming to Chelsea at the end of the season that i recieved from my source??? Oh i think it was in the papers today wasen't it?? and i got slated massivly for it.

The good news is that we still have JT, Lamps and Essien to come back in the side and if they play right up until the end of the season without injurys etc i have no dout we will keep hold of this trophy and maybe add more. WIN OR LOSE UP THE BLUES!!

I will add that i absolutely love Tiote and i actually wish we bought him at the moment insted of Ramires.

Ramires looks worth no more than 5m at the moment. Awful signing as of now.

Drogba was expected to settle much quicker than he did, you guys were on his back untill he got good.

Drogba had only been a big name player for 1 year before we signed him, and i think you will find the Chelsea fans are quite patient when it comes to players i.e we never booed Shevchenko, Kezmen etc etc.

yes but players but for high fees are expected to settle straight away

What a load of bollocks.

Different people take a different amount of time to adapt to playing in a different league, for many different reasons.

Just because a club pays more for someone, doesn't negate the fact that they need to have time to settle in and get used to the new league they are playing in, aswell as the new country with its differences in culture, climate and, and Englands case, the extensive media coverage/intrusion.

Drogba had only been a big name player for 1 year before we signed him, and i think you will find the Chelsea fans are quite patient when it comes to players i.e we never booed Shevchenko, Kezmen etc etc.
Hmm well I remember a lot of Chelsea fans I knew saying Drogba was **** etc.. but I guess that's just a small sample of you..

27 in 70 games is hardly scoring for fun. Drogba was scoring a lot in the french league which was quite strong then and the uefa cup

however, Berba was firing on all cylinders at Spurs, and then again, England is quite different from France and the UEFA Cup is it not?

27 in 70 games is hardly scoring for fun. Drogba was scoring a lot in the french league which was quite strong then and the uefa cup

The French league is strong but back then it was nowhere near the standard of the PL. Drogba could have been a massive flop simple as that, he had 1 good season in his carear and Chelsea bought him off the back of that season. Players have to learn a new language settle into a new lifestyle get used to new faces, tactics and training routines. Some players need time and some don't.

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Hmm well I remember a lot of Chelsea fans I knew saying Drogba was **** etc.. but I guess that's just a small sample of you..

Every club are going to have the boo boys simple as that.

however, Berba was firing on all cylinders at Spurs, and then again, England is quite different from France and the UEFA Cup is it not?
the team setup was all around him, it suited him perfectly, different to when he came to united, we've never really shaped the side round him.

All players are different when it comes to adapting, and price shouldnt come into it.

Ramires will need time, but its questionable as to wheter chelsea have it.

Say that, I expect everton to be on the end of a horrible backlash at the bridge, if not, things will get worse for chelsea with tough games ahead

the team setup was all around him, it suited him perfectly, different to when he came to united, we've never really shaped the side round him.

All players are different when it comes to adapting, and price shouldnt come into it.

Ramires will need time, but its questionable as to wheter chelsea have it.

Say that, I expect everton to be on the end of a horrible backlash at the bridge, if not, things will get worse for chelsea with tough games ahead

Chelsea were patient with Drogba and Malouda and look how that turned out, so i hope they are with Rammy.

The 11 who voted the game to be snowed off was very close indeed lol.

Back