I cant get NewGAN to open so I've tried the advice that seemed to help other people. I'm really confused cause there is no .config file in the NewGAN folder, I found the config folder inside newganmanager with 2 files inside it but this doesn't match with the instructions for making it work. So yeah I'm real lost

I've managed to get this working except im having issues when applying the faces to the regens in my own club otherwise works perfectly. Did this on FM20 if that's relevant.
Sounds like you forgot to stop excluding your own team's players

I've downloaded the is newgen search filter and placed it in the Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\filters\ directory but when I go into manage filters>>import the filter is not showing as an available option. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Hi, can I use FM Genie scout to export list of newgens? If I use scouting view, it will show me 100k players, almost every player in my save including real players. I tried exporting newgens list from Genie scout as .csv or .txt but it doesn't seem to work in NewGAN manager

Hi, can I use FM Genie scout to export list of newgens? If I use scouting view, it will show me 100k players, almost every player in my save including real players. I tried exporting newgens list from Genie scout as .csv or .txt but it doesn't seem to work in NewGAN manager
If you check the "Updates" tab for this page you'll a filter you can download that doesn't require the in-game editor and can get you a list of all the newgens much more easily.

If you check the "Updates" tab for this page you'll a filter you can download that doesn't require the in-game editor and can get you a list of all the newgens much more easily.

Ah yes, thanks for quick response. Unfortunately the filter doesn't work for me, it just doesn't show in the list. Maybe it's because I'm playing FM20? But scouting views work properly, so I don't know

Ah yes, thanks for quick response. Unfortunately the filter doesn't work for me, it just doesn't show in the list. Maybe it's because I'm playing FM20? But scouting views work properly, so I don't know
Oh, that filter is from FM21 so that explains it. Unfortunately, I don't know of a good workaround unless you have the in-game editor.

Anybody managed to make this work on Mac?
Mac version is being worked on. If you're in Zealand's discord server you could talk to gestalt the dev, they're looking for people to beta test the Mac version before releasing.

Okay, so here's what I managed to do. I made a shortlist of newgens using FM Genie scout -> imported it to FM and printed it to text .rtf file, used NewGAN Manager without any errors but it didn't work. The faces didn't aplly on these players. Here's created config file, it's basically empty I dunno why:

Code:
<record>
        <!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->
        <boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->
        <boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->
                <!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions
                        in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any
                        place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics
                        files from the correct places
                -->

<list id="maps">

</list>
</record>

EDIT: I see why, I didn't apply correct filter so the program could not recognize id, nationalities etc., I'll work on that

YES! I managed to make this work! Now I only lack my team newgens and real players facepack, how can I combine that?

Okay, so here's what I managed to do. I made a shortlist of newgens using FM Genie scout -> imported it to FM and printed it to text .rtf file, used NewGAN Manager without any errors but it didn't work. The faces didn't aplly on these players. Here's created config file, it's basically empty I dunno why:

Code:
<record>
        <!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->
        <boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->
        <boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->
                <!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions
                        in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any
                        place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics
                        files from the correct places
                -->

<list id="maps">

</list>
</record>

EDIT: I see why, I didn't apply correct filter so the program could not recognize id, nationalities etc., I'll work on that
A feature to detect when the incorrect view is used is being worked on for a future update

Sorry for spamming, but I just want to say, after 3 hours of working on it I did it. I have newgens faces, my team newgen faces, real players faces all combined. It just works, it is wondeful. Thank you for this awesome mod.

My database has 80k regens. How long you think that'll take. (Actual swaps in/skips etc.) It's been going about 45 mins and is still on mapping ethnicity. Just curious. :(

Love the mod.

Check
My database has 80k regens. How long you think that'll take. (Actual swaps in/skips etc.) It's been going about 45 mins and is still on mapping ethnicity. Just curious. :(

Love the mod.

Check previous answers in this discussion, I think someone mentioned upper limit about 25k of faces? I'm not sure

Check

Check previous answers in this discussion, I think someone mentioned upper limit about 25k of faces? I'm not sure
Yeah I saw it poops out...will it eventually complete and just not fix some faces or is it unlikely to complete at all.

I got around it by limiting the number of newgens it would find by current ability...getting it right down to 30k and it worked. Thanks.