Has anyone found a fix for the updated application not opening and receiving an error on Mac OS Big Slur?

Hi mate,

I posted on page 38 the crash message I get on 2012 MacBook Pro running 10.14.6 (Mojave). Everything 'installs' ok, but it is when double clicking the app to open that it crashes.

However, I've found a way to open it, that you might want to try:

Install as normal, so the NewGAN app is in your applications folder.

Don't double click to open it, but RIGHT CLICK > Open Package Contents > Contents > Mac OS > NewGAN-Manager. It will be a black executable file. DOUBLE CLICK that and it will open Terminal which will then run the app. Don't close the Terminal window when NewGAN-Manager is open or it will close the whole lot.

You should be able to use the app as normal, although I'm still getting the odd newgen keeping the SI CGI faces when completing the process instead of attaining a real face. It's the only workaround I've found until hopefully a solution is found.

Attached is my desktop after completing the process, and a Newgen to show it works.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

F.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-18 at 10.10.51.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-18 at 10.10.51.png
    1 MB · Views: 277
  • Screenshot 2021-12-18 at 10.15.46.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-18 at 10.15.46.png
    519 KB · Views: 286
Hi mate,

I posted on page 38 the crash message I get on 2012 MacBook Pro running 10.14.6 (Mojave). Everything 'installs' ok, but it is when double clicking the app to open that it crashes.

Don't double click to open it, but RIGHT CLICK > Open Package Contents > Contents > Mac OS > NewGAN-Manager. It will be a black executable file. DOUBLE CLICK that and it will open Terminal which will then run the app. Don't close the Terminal window when NewGAN-Manager is open or it will close the whole lot.

You should be able to use the app as normal, although I'm still getting the odd newgen keeping the SI CGI faces when completing the process instead of attaining a real face. It's the only workaround I've found until hopefully a solution is found.

Attached is my desktop after completing the process, and a Newgen to show it works.

F.

Tried this but doesnt work on Monterey at least.

Zealand uploaded SAGKRZealand Facepack

If you have any questions or need any support, please do not hesitate to ask.

NewGan app won't even open now. reinstalled, nothing. did the windows command prompt fixes, nothing. Anyone know how to fix this issue where the app wont show up after clicking on it?

Question, Why sometimes it won't generate faces for some nationality or region players? Got newest version have worked normally almost every time i've been use it? Now few times it hasn't been generate faces for players, like south america/central america, asia or southeast europe, every time it will be different country or region.

Edit: and it's not all just few players who won't accept new, nice faces :D

Last edited:
This was working perfect for me until year 2025. I did the usual update/preserve but it only gave half my new regens a face and the other half are generic normal ones. Allow Duplicates is ticked. I even tried specifically to make a text rtf files of JUST the players who didn't get a new face but still they are refusing to adopt the newgan faces. Any ideas?

Hi mate,

F.
Did it work or not? You said that "I'm still getting the odd newgen keeping the SI CGI faces" but you also said that you made it work as shown in the picture attached?
I had the same problem with opening the NewGAN app, but can't seem to get the new faces after completing the process. I have uploaded both the RTF file and the faces into the app, but nothing happens in my FM save after hitting replace faces. Do you have any idea of what I am doing wrong?

I've watched the Install guide video several times did everything that it says and yet I still get fm22 regen faces in game not the new ones

NewGan app won't even open now. reinstalled, nothing. did the windows command prompt fixes, nothing. Anyone know how to fix this issue where the app wont show up after clicking on it?
I had the same problem and i found out that it was caused by the check_for_update function in version 1.3, my pc failed to connect to github to get the app version information. after comment out the update function the app works again.

Can't find the fm.view needed to do this. Does anyone know where can I find/download it?

hi there,

thanks for this amazing work.

I have an issue opening the mac installer with A1 chip Big Sur - first i didn have permissiono open the file, after fixing it, it now crashes... :(

Is this a known issue?

Pls help

best

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-27 at 15.28.32.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-27 at 15.28.32.png
    212.3 KB · Views: 245
Is it possible to use the same NewGAN faces on two devices? I play on PC at home and laptop at work and I'd like Steve Example to have the same face on both devices.

Is it as simple as finding the profile/config and moving that between the devices? I have the software and facepack on both so I'm hoping it just needs the file that tells it which face belongs to which regen.

Any tips for opening NewGAN Manager on Mac? When I open up the panel, unlock it and click "Open" nothing happens. I've tried it over and over and feel like I'm losing my mind. lol

hi there,

thanks for this amazing work.

I have an issue opening the mac installer with A1 chip Big Sur - first i didn have permissiono open the file, after fixing it, it now crashes... :(

Is this a known issue?

Pls help

best

Also having this problem on the same Mac type. I try to open from the Security panel and nothing happens.

Im continuously getting the message 'You do not have permission to open the application “NewGAN-Manager”.' on Mac even though I said to open anyway, any idea how to fix

Hi mate,

F.
I tried to do this but when I open the terminal, this is all that shows, any ideas why?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 20.11.57.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 20.11.57.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 253