Don't know if anyone got this problem but, when I load up my save, and use NewGAN to do the regen facepack, my other save facepack reverts to default regens faces.

What can I do so I don't have to do it every single time it happens?

Last edited:
View attachment 573185

I got this when I tried to change the faces. Can anyone help????
Zealand uploaded SAGKRZealand Facepack

If you have any questions or need any support, please do not hesitate to ask.

1641000378380.png

I got this when I tried to change the faces. Could you please help????

I have used this on FM21 and it worked perfectly most of the time. but now on FM22 it worked once, and it doesnt work anymore. It changes maybe a cuople of newgens and thats it. I had problems seeing my players in that scounting list when I add a new manager. Even when I try to add pictures just to my players. it still doesnt work. I hope some update will come out.

Sorry if this has already been asked but I have managed to put newgen faces on some of the real players & I wondered if there was a way to fix this? tia

Sorry if I missed this somewhere. Love this program, except how do you do a 2nd or 3rd year without redoing your faces of your players? My year 1 regens are getting their faces changed when I run it a second time in year 2, and then changed again in year 3. How do I exclude already facialized regens?

I've been reading the thread and can't find an answer. I've used this amazing program before and it worked seamlessly but on my current save something isn't working somewhere and none of the Newgens in my game get a new face whatsoever. I've "reinstalled" everything, filters, views etc. reloaded the skin, deleted the cache, everything but nothing works. I don't even get any error messages, the program "finishes" but on FM the generated faces are still there.

Anyone have a clue or had the same issue?

Ps. Love the work @Zealand and the team! Keep up the amazing work!

EDIT: I reverted back to the original skin and up to 100% zoom size, tried it all again and it worked. It may have been an issue with FM Rensie's skin or zoom size? Not sure but all working now!

Last edited:
Anyone had an experience with the rtf file not having any nationalites? Have tried reinstalling everything, changing skin etc but when checking the rtf, it still has no nationality data?

Erro:

Em

Traceback (última chamada mais recente):

Arquivo "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app/newganmanager/__main__.py", linha 4, em <module>

main (). main_loop ()

Arquivo "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app/newganmanager/app.py", linha 430, no principal

fh = logging.FileHandler ('newgan.log')

Arquivo "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/Support/Python/Resources/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", linha 1147, em __init__

StreamHandler .__ init __ (self, self._open ())

Arquivo "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/Support/Python/Resources/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", linha 1176, em _open

retornar aberto (self.baseFilename, self.mode, encoding = self.encoding)

OSError: [Errno 30] Sistema de arquivos somente leitura: '/newgan.log'

Congrats people, great app. I'm in my current season in 2038/39 and for a while now, I'm facing problems, regarding some player faces. Some youth players of mine don't get updaed, some do and some older players do not have a proper face, some of them quite reputable as well. In the picture you can see Spurs' lineup, with their star man Armando not having a picture, while all of his teammates do. The rtf is up to date and of course I am updating skin every time, after the replacement is completed. All in all, I don't think I am doing something wrong.

Attachments

• 1641771088470.png
    1641771088470.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 145
This was working perfect for me until year 2025. I did the usual update/preserve but it only gave half my new regens a face and the other half are generic normal ones. Allow Duplicates is ticked. I even tried specifically to make a text rtf files of JUST the players who didn't get a new face but still they are refusing to adopt the newgan faces. Any ideas?

I think I've realised the problem. The only people who aren't getting faces are my English players. Since I'm in the English leagues, these are the faces I use the most, which leads me to believe the 'Allow Duplicates' button isn't working. Anyone else experience this?

I think I've realised the problem. The only people who aren't getting faces are my English players. Since I'm in the English leagues, these are the faces I use the most, which leads me to believe the 'Allow Duplicates' button isn't working. Anyone else experience this?
I run into this with black English guys a lot.

hello guys.
I've been reading that a lot of guys with Mac have an issue with installing the program.
Same here, im using the new M1 chip MacBook and nothing seems to work.
I followed every step and also authorised the app to run through the System Preferences but still I get a pop up message saying that the application can't be opened.

I run into this with black English guys a lot.

I've been trying to solve it in the discord but no luck there. I've tried reinstalling the app, the filters, views, and faces folder but no matter what the app refuses to duplicate faces meaning I've run out of caucasian faces and soon I'll run out of others too. The mind boggles!

About the "Newgen no longer having faces" topic.

I ran into the same issue (as some faces stopped "generating" for some players at my french club) so I played a bit with the filter, and I am 99% sure the problem does indeed come from the "allow duplicate" button not working. I've done just like Crumbleman did, and nothing fixed it. However, I found a workaround.

I am in 2026, and the actual database of my save is 125k players big. 80k of those players are newgens. And, out of those 80k of those players, 25k are... french!

A thing to note, I do play with an extended french database, containing a lot (and by a lot, I mean hundreds) of fully simulated (and so, generated french newgen) clubs.

So I thinkered with the "is newgen" filter, and made sure that the players base outside of the 3 top leagues of France won't be taken into the RTF File, and won't be generated. It dropped the number of french newgen players to only 2K. I fully overwrited the RTF File and faces and now all my newgen have a face.

I can perfectly live with the fact that players from clubs below the French D3 don't have a face because 99.99% of those newgen won't even make it to the pro' level and I won't ever met them in a match (Outside of the french cup, but I can bear seeing ugly face 2-3 times in a season). And even if they some rare exception of them do one day achieve to join a pro club, well, their face will end up being generated. So yeah, this solution works for me.

However, I do also know that I'm only "stalling" the inevitable, and that, at one point, I will run into this issue again. I can only hope that the "Allow duplicates" button will be fixed before it happens.

All of this to say ; You might encounter this with very large database, so the only workaround I know of is to make sure the filter only takes into account players that are "worth it" by not generating those from obscure leagues where 99.9% of the players have 20PA.

PS ; Sorry for bad english, not mother tongue, blah blah, you know the drill...

This is a good idea, Eabani. I wish I had just given faces to players that are scoutable, rather than trying to get every player worldwide, though as you say this is a temporary fix. I have however emailed the problem to the team so hopefully they help me find a solution to this, because the problem is definitely with the 'Allow Duplicates' button. Though how it happens for me and you but not many others is beyond my understanding. If I find a solution I shall put it here.

I cannot open Newgan-manager , although I have successfully opened and used this app many times before . But today, suddenly, I can't open it. Someone please help me :((((((

I've been reading the thread and can't find an answer. I've used this amazing program before and it worked seamlessly but on my current save something isn't working somewhere and none of the Newgens in my game get a new face whatsoever. I've "reinstalled" everything, filters, views etc. reloaded the skin, deleted the cache, everything but nothing works. I don't even get any error messages, the program "finishes" but on FM the generated faces are still there.

Anyone have a clue or had the same issue?

Ps. Love the work @Zealand and the team! Keep up the amazing work!

EDIT: I reverted back to the original skin and up to 100% zoom size, tried it all again and it worked. It may have been an issue with FM Rensie's skin or zoom size? Not sure but all working now!

I still have the same Problems, even if i changed the skin back to default and 100% Zoom its not workind. I tried everything, deletet and reinstalled everything but nothing seems to help so far.

Does anyone now what causes this error; when i look in the log file, there is alot of errors like this:

Ethnic value 15 is invalid. Most likely a bug in the view. Skipping player 2002244959
Ethnic value 16 is invalid. Most likely a bug in the view. Skipping player 2002505665
Ethnic value 11 is invalid. Most likely a bug in the view. Skipping player 2002390072

As the error might tell you, the players on that UID dosent get a new "face"
Is it caused by the duplicate prob. not working in 1.3?

Having the same issue on Mac (10.14.6 Mojave) with:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app/newganmanager/__main__.py", line 4, in <module>
    main().main_loop()
  File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app/newganmanager/app.py", line 430, in main
    fh = logging.FileHandler('newgan.log')
  File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/Support/Python/Resources/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 1147, in __init__
    StreamHandler.__init__(self, self._open())
  File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/Support/Python/Resources/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 1176, in _open
    return open(self.baseFilename, self.mode, encoding=self.encoding)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/newgan.log'

Looks to be a permission issue with Python as I've found answers to this on StackOverflow. However altering the permissions of the app with BatCHmod does absolutely nothing so I don't know whether the error is actually pointing to something else.

Last edited: