Hi, is there any way at all that I would be able to add this facepack to fictional nations that I have created? I have a save with multiple "extinct" nations added and would love to be able to have this facepack apply to players from these nations. This is an incredible facepack

Hey guys,

Not working on M1? Otherwise ill debug a bit, but if its not working yet its a waste of time!

Thanks!

I've just tried to replace faces and am getting the Error:

"Folder YugoGreek is missing in the image directory" i've just downloaded and installed it today

I just got the 1.3.1 since it said the 1.3.0 was out of date. now only works on like 3 percent of the people and everyone else is showing with the SI faces. But before that and last year it was working great.

Since the update to 1.3.1, the program works only patchily. Apparently others have the problem as well. Is there a bugfix for this in sight?

P.S.: Of course, a big thank you for your work. The NewGAN Manager is a great extension for the game!

The program works in very strange ways currently. "Preserve" seems broken, always gets frozen on "Map player to". "Generate" worked for me once, when I selected ALL of my team players in the team view, and then it gave faces to all of them... including non-regens. Then, I deleted the profile and created a new one so that I can try again with selecting only regens. "Generate" appeared to work correctly in the program but didn't actually do anything and none of my players got faces. Very strange stuff. Considering all this, maybe you should have the option to ignore the update pop-up too, since this appears to be more of a beta update than anything.

I've followed all the instructions but I cannot get the NEWgan manager to open. Its there but everytime I try to open it, it does nothing. does anyone know how to help?

I've followed all the instructions but I cannot get the NEWgan manager to open. Its there but everytime I try to open it, it does nothing. does anyone know how to help?
The below will fix this on MAC as I had the same issue.

quick workaround:

1. open Application folder
  2. open context menu for NewGAN-Manager -> Show Package Contents
  3. open /Applications/NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app/newganmanager/app.py in text editor
  4. change line 430 fh = logging.FileHandler('newgan.log') -> fh = logging.FileHandler('/tmp/newgan.log')
  5. the same for /Applications/NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app/mapper.py line 18
  6. save the file and re-open application
Enjoy!

Does anybody know how to get the faces in the game I complete everything and successfully generate the faces NewGAN but when I go back into my FM save none of the new gens have real faces and still have the animated SI face.

In my FM22 save I am getting the "Game cannot load" prompt on all saves with Newgan faces, even my 3 rolling saves. Game loads normally for my other saves without facepacks applied. Is there a way to fix this?

Hello thank you very much. It has worked perfectly for me in FM22.
The only mistake I have found is that players of Palestinian nationality have not been assigned a face.
Greetings and thanks again

quick workaround:

3. open /Applications/NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app/newganmanager/app.py in text editor
  4. change line 430 fh = logging.FileHandler('newgan.log') -> fh = logging.FileHandler('/tmp/newgan.log')
  5. the same for /Applications/NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app/mapper.py line 18
Enjoy!

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go this week when I sit down 👍 🤞

The NewGan Manager.. doesn't work on Mac (Monterey). The App doesn't start.

Trying to use this on PC, using v1.3.1. However, there's nothing being written to the config file. Under the standard <list id="maps"> it's just blank

Anyone else come across this issue and know of a workaround? Is there a limit on the number of records the tool can overwrite at once?

i did everything, downloaded the faces, put them in every place i needed to put, got the app running, the updated version, got all the names, got all faces and names in the app, and generated, all good and well so far, but when i go to my game, its still the ugly generated faces and when i try to reload the skin, it just wont work, i use a facepack from steam so im not sure this is happening because of the skins contracting eachother or what, need help

quick workaround:

Enjoy!

Does anybody know how to get the faces in the game I complete everything and successfully generate the faces NewGAN but when I go back into my FM save none of the new gens have real faces and still have the animated SI face.

I cannot get newgan manager to open. Whenever I click on it nothing happens. I can't access any options for it either. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but I have the same problem unfortunately.

i did everything, downloaded the faces, put them in every place i needed to put, got the app running, the updated version, got all the names, got all faces and names in the app, and generated, all good and well so far, but when i go to my game, its still the ugly generated faces and when i try to reload the skin, it just wont work, i use a facepack from steam so im not sure this is happening because of the skins contracting eachother or what, need help
Hey man the same thing is happening to me. Check your rtf file because mine for some reason is not showing the nationalities, even though I am using the correct views. Were you able to fix it?

Hi! I got around the problem by going into Contens -> MacOS and then just clicking NewGAN-Manager, the only way I've gotten it to open. Hope it helps!

But! I have encountered another problem. I can seem to see the rtf file in Finder when choosing the RTF file on the Newgan application. When I'm ingame I can see the saved RTF file but not on Finder. Do you know what might help? Thanks in advance

Same

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app/newganmanager/__main__.py", line 4, in <module>
main().main_loop()
File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app/newganmanager/app.py", line 430, in main
fh = logging.FileHandler('newgan.log')
File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/Support/Python/Resources/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 1147, in __init__
StreamHandler.__init__(self, self._open())
File "NewGAN-Manager.app/Contents/Resources/Support/Python/Resources/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 1176, in _open
return open(self.baseFilename, self.mode, encoding=self.encoding)
OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: '/newgan.log'

So I just read somewhere that you can go to Contents -> MacOS -> and then just double click NewGAN-Manager. Apperently you are running the program as a admin and some text bubble poped up but the program works as it should! Let me know if that works