The dev knows about preserve. I reported it to him on discord almost immediately after the pack went live. It is easy to fix yourself. Preserve adds a .png to every line in your config.xml file.

Just use notepad++ and do a find/replace on .png then save. close file. open fm. reload skin/cach and boom it'll work
So wait I still do the preserve that in theory doesn't work and when I delete all the .png the already assigned ones stay like they were?

I'd be very happy if that works even though I don't understand it quite yet. Hope this gets more foolproof over time, imagine being in 2030 and suddenly all your players faces change.

Honestly I'm just happy this scam "Chilled Moose" can't make 2k a month with her 25 picture packs anymore thanks to this.

Not really a scam, people know what they pay for, it's good quality work, no-one's getting cheated out of their money... Just because you don't think it's worth it, doesn't mean it's a scam. Credit to her for making a business out of it.

Hi guys, just want to say first this is amazing work I hope you keep it up! I'm using on FM 20, and for some reason whenever I generate faces it only works for the first two hundred and something, I don't know why. I looked in the text file and it seems to be an issue with printing to the text file rather than the mapping itself, as there are only two hundred or so records in the text file and I don't know why. Also the preserve doesn't work but I think I saw that was already a known issue being worked on.

EDIT: It seems to work when I select all with ctrl + A and then ctrl + P rather than just ctrl + P so try that if it is only generating face for the first few hundred players on your search :)

Last edited:
Guys this is f************g massive , great job! this would revolutionize the whole game for so many people !

But unfortunately I stumble upon same issue many had written here about , and I cannot find a solution in any answer:
after I click "replace faces" it's stuck on "Map Player to ethnicity" without any progress , I tried with FM running and close I tried leaving it open and focused, nothing helped , now its NOT "not responding" I could re-click the the buttons on the app or close it.
I'm guessing its stuck in some sort of loop or waiting for an input of some sort , if I could have access to the code itself I would try to debug it , but I don't...

the "newgan" file which I assume is the log is stuck on 3.52 mb and is being used so no editing or deleting it is possible!

FYI I'm trying this on 3600 regens

any suggestions ?

So wait I still do the preserve that in theory doesn't work and when I delete all the .png the already assigned ones stay like they were?

I'd be very happy if that works even though I don't understand it quite yet. Hope this gets more foolproof over time, imagine being in 2030 and suddenly all your players faces change.

Yes you can get preserve to work by editing your config.xml file and removing every instance of .png

So you assign newgens the faces like Zealand described. Then say you play until your youth intake day. You would run the player search again and in the NewGan app you would use preserve.

Then for the time being, just go into the config file remove that .png and you are in business!

Of course everytime the config file is edited you have to reset your cache/skin in fm.

Can someone point me in the direction of the config file to change the .png? Got everything else working fine

Can someone point me in the direction of the config file to change the .png? Got everything else working fine

The config is inside "Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2021/graphics/faces/FMNEWGANv2"
Inside you will find all the face folders, like "african", "asian", etc. and on the bottom will be the config file AFTER you have run the program. It doesnt exist on its own.

It works for me if you press Control + A in order to select every player from 15 to 16 years old, then control + P and the normal instructions (y)

Will there be fm 21 face pack and logo/club released or is everyone using previous games packs?

I still have the issue that some lower potential players don't get faces, probably don't show up in the search. Any fix?

hello I am a noob when it comes to all things football manager related and had a questions. I downloaded the DF11 Megapack which is a facepack if I am not mistaken. Can this coincide with that pack or would it be advised to strictly use this one? Thank you for your help and my apologies for the very nooby question

So, when I click "generate" in the app itself, it crashes after a short while without doing the thing. Is there a fix or I'm the only one thus far?

hello I am a noob when it comes to all things football manager related and had a questions. I downloaded the DF11 Megapack which is a facepack if I am not mistaken. Can this coincide with that pack or would it be advised to strictly use this one? Thank you for your help and my apologies for the very nooby question

They will work fine together!

So, when I click "generate" in the app itself, it crashes after a short while without doing the thing. Is there a fix or I'm the only one thus far?
a big fan of the concept btw, hope that ill be able to use it

It seems that searching for all players with the only condition being "Is Newgen - Is Not," for whatever reason, does not include players that you've drafted in the MLS Superdraft. I only have four as I'm a season in with Austin FC, but none of my Newgen selections have faces. All other drafted newgens--as well as other newgens around the world--have been assigned faces. I don't know exactly what would lead to this, but the easy fix is to just search by name or club and select the missing ones.

* Edit: After some messing around with player search, I think the problem is that none of Austin FC's first team shows up in the player search. Not sure why this is a thing, but it would explain the circumstances.

It seems that searching for all players with the only condition being "Is Newgen - Is Not," for whatever reason, does not include players that you've drafted in the MLS Superdraft. I only have four as I'm a season in with Austin FC, but none of my Newgen selections have faces. All other drafted newgens--as well as other newgens around the world--have been assigned faces. I don't know exactly what would lead to this, but the easy fix is to just search by name or club and select the missing ones.

* Edit: After some messing around with player search, I think the problem is that none of Austin FC's first team shows up in the player search. Not sure why this is a thing, but it would explain the circumstances.

By default your players are excluded you have to uncheck that option under the search interface.