Hello, I am trying to install this add on for my Football Manager 20 save. However, when I get to the part where you import the filter, nothing shows up. I read the review saying this can be fixed by using the in game editor to filter hidden attributes but unfortunately I do not have the in game editor. Is there any other way to filter for newgens on FM20?
o Sort the players by uid;
o print them to an rtf file; and
o edit the rtf with a text editor to remove all non newgens

Thanks for the reply, I did this and I got most of the regen faces replaced which is great. However, some players faces won’t change no matter how many times I try. Specifically it’s Spanish players and they are still stuck with the default regen faces. I created a new manager so I should have all regen players available in player search. Do you know how I can fix this?

Thanks for the reply, I did this and I got most of the regen faces replaced which is great. However, some players faces won’t change no matter how many times I try. Specifically it’s Spanish players and they are still stuck with the default regen faces. I created a new manager so I should have all regen players available in player search. Do you know how I can fix this?
Whenever I've found that the odd player had the default regen face I
o edited the config.xml file to delete the player;
o edited the newgan.log file and deleted the two lines relating to the player in question;
o ran the NewGan manager again.
This worked for me

Last edited:
Maybe I have done something stupid (thank you for your patience if so). But I did a round of NEWGAN generation a while ago and it worked fine. I just did another one for some new regens I bought and for updates. I clicked on preserve this time but it seems to have removed all of my old ones and not added new ones to all the individuals in the RTF file. It might even have added none. Do I have an old version of the application or is this a known issue? I feel like I might not have updated it for a while but maybe thats fine?

Similar issue here, finally got it all working last week, just got the new youth intake, used the new RTF file and selected the 'Preserve' option. New intake all have super cool faces, last year's regens have all dropped and reverted to the standard in-game baby-face images.

I believe I read, somewhere, that there's a known bug with the 'Replace' function, is that right? How can I go about getting 'NewGan' faces back onto my last year's intake? (I know I won't get the SAME faces, I don't really care as long as I can get something better than the rubbish the game produces)

Last edited:
Similar issue here, finally got it all working last week, just got the new youth intake, used the new RTF file and selected the 'Preserve' option. New intake all have super cool faces, last year's regens have all dropped and reverted to the standard in-game baby-face images.

I believe I read, somewhere, that there's a known bug with the 'Replace' function, is that right? How can I go about getting 'NewGan' faces back onto my last year's intake? (I know I won't get the SAME faces, I don't really care as long as I can get something better than the rubbish the game produces)

I've just updated it and get the same problem still...generate works fine, preserve doesnt, so I am not able to add a new RTF. It just overwrites. So the players featured in the older rtf just revert back to the bad SI regen faces. Do the people in charge of this mod read the comments here?

I've just updated it and get the same problem still...generate works fine, preserve doesnt, so I am not able to add a new RTF. It just overwrites. So the players featured in the older rtf just revert back to the bad SI regen faces. Do the people in charge of this mod read the comments here?

Came here to post this as well. Doesn't seem like many people care too much about this issue unfortunately

Hi guys,
I got an issue with the FMNEWGAN "view" folder. I copied and pasted it to the fm21 folder as instructed. I see the "view" folder on finder at my Mac however once in the game itself I can not import the "view" cause this folder is empty.
Any help is much appreciated.

I've followed the video on how to install newgan manager but it wont open.
As I'm really that good with computers could you give me some help on what to do please?

Thank you for doing this. This has changed FM for me. I enjoy the game ten times more. The program might be a bit wierd to work out, but once you understand it, it works flawlessly.

For those who can't change the rtf fileabd preserve, change the profile and select the original one again. It will let you change the rtf file after that.

One thing that I would like to point out to increase the realism, is that I see lots of african faces in Argentina, Chile, Paraguay and Bolivia. Whilst you can encounter african descendants in the other southamerican countries like Brazil or Colombia, you very rarely do in the previously mentioned countries.

im really sorry if this has been covered already, i did a quick search and couldnt find anything. i have two saves going and up until now have only used this on one save. i just ran it for my other save and was just wondering, because i thought the point of different profiles was to manage different saves without overwriting others and stuff, what is the profiles part for if not that? running it for a second save overwrote the faces in my other save which was a little disappointing because the other is my main save but i guess to be expected and i shouldve thought about it and backed up the config file. anyway just wondering what the purpose of the profile function is

I'm in the same boat (filter not showing, no IGE to show the Hidden subcategory) and attempting to use this workaround, but can only print what's on the screen at the time. Given that there are hundreds of thousands of newgens, is there a way of exporting that whole list to an RTF?

I'm in the same boat (filter not showing, no IGE to show the Hidden subcategory) and attempting to use this workaround, but can only print what's on the screen at the time. Given that there are hundreds of thousands of newgens, is there a way of exporting that whole list to an RTF?

After you've sorted the players by uid click on the top player to select him and then use Control+A to select all the players. This will ensure that they are all in the resultant rtf file.

I have been struggling with the RTF invalid error today. I tried installing different versions as had been suggested on a few threads. I redownloaded the SCRIPT FACES player search file, but the files were identical to the one I had been using for the last few months so this wasn't the problem.

The issue was eventually resolved by adding a second nationality to the first player on the list, as described in this bug report. https://www.gitmemory.com/issue/Maradonna90/NewGAN-Manager/76/868795516

Work around shown below with SVK manually added to third column.

cheers

1627853912730.png

There is a problem with the spanish regens. For some reason they arent all being given a face. Not sure why.

Also the preserve function on the Newgan program doesn't seem to work at all.

Whenever I try to generate new faces, the log makes 13 new faces and then stops. No error no nothing.
When I press replace faces again it moves a bit further but still stays at 13 faces. I tried all the solutions and I'm out of ideas.

i had this problem, you are doing something wrong when creating the rtf file.
go back to the time when you enter scouting and save the data in a file (ctrl + A - ctrl + P) if you have selected players, they must all have their own ID, so before selecting all players you need to select the options such as overview - Custom - SCRIPTS FACES player search, players must have the last option, then you select them all and create an rtf file (ctrl + A and then ctrl + P)
for me it looks like this:

ScreenShot007rr.jpg

Last edited:
I have one more idea, try setting not "generate" but "preserve" in the program and select "allow duplicates" on the right side
I can see almost 50 thousand players in you, I think there is a problem with the number of players