I always do a save with my beloved NUFC. So ****** tight the board is though! I am in to my third season and have had lots of success (premier title, champions league title and more) but only ever get about ?20 million to spend and no extra in January. We are classed as 'rich' though haha. Sounds a lot but not when the teams around me spend more than my whole budget on one player!
I have also twice been under a takeover only for it to fall apart at the last minute!

i haven't had the chance yet for a board takeover, in other FM series it's nearly every 3 seasons when it crops up, but i know this coming January MA won't give me any funds to improve the squad i think this is why i buy young lads at the beginning and count on out of contract players, but i remember my old save last week when i finished 3rd using Chrissy pressure 4-2-4 in the 1st season i was given 24 million and teams where after cabaye, debuchy, HBA, Krull, Anita & Santon for way over there valuation.

start at 2nd season player value

HBA - 31 million ( got offered 38 million )
Cabaye - 28 million ( offered 36 million )
Krull - 18 million ( offered 14 million fricken cheek )
debuchy - 20 million ( offered 30 million )
Anita - 11 million ( offered 18 million )
Santon - 16 million ( offered 25 million )
Cisse - 23 million ( offered 30 million )

at that time i sold Santon & Cisse for 55 million and with the 24 million on top i should have about 79 million to spend but by the power of greyskull i had 32 million in my transfer budget ? XD

I am from Denmark, and so is my game.

So when u say that against bigger teams, we have to use high defensive line - does that mean that we shoul unclick "fall back" (I don't know what it's called in the english version) and click "much higher d-line" (I don't know what it's called in the english version)

I hope you understand what I mean with the question.

i think but not entirely sure in other version that fall back would mean drop deeper and push up would mean higher defensive line

I always do a save with my beloved NUFC. So ****** tight the board is though! I am in to my third season and have had lots of success (premier title, champions league title and more) but only ever get about ?20 million to spend and no extra in January. We are classed as 'rich' though haha. Sounds a lot but not when the teams around me spend more than my whole budget on one player!
I have also twice been under a takeover only for it to fall apart at the last minute!

but i think we both know that this would be very realistic coming from MA lol

i think but not entirely sure in other version that fall back would mean drop deeper and push up would mean higher defensive line

If u could post some SS to explain it for me, it would be very nice!

you must be my good luck charm mate

View attachment 431763

I'll give this a shot. Been looking for a 4-3-3 to try.

I always use NUFC too. Key is to sell high and look for deals. I always keep an eye on Benteke because West Ham get relegated often and you can get him for around 10 million. Arsenal usually let Bentlab cheap if you're looking for a decent rotation striker.

Campbell and Gael are nice if you train them right too. Campbell is good to use in cups and as a sub.

Last edited:
When you play against bigger teams Nezza, do you 'Push Higher Up' or 'Push Much Higher Up'?

First 2 games as Newcastle - two 3-0 wins!

When you play against bigger teams Nezza, do you 'Push Higher Up' or 'Push Much Higher Up'?

First 2 games as Newcastle - two 3-0 wins!

nice one mate keep it up, and for the D-line i use push much higher up

you must be my good luck charm mate

View attachment 473037

ha ha nice one mate! I got that a few times in FM13 but not yet in this one. I sold Sissoko to PSG at end of first season for ?33.5million. Hes quality but cant turn down that sort of money!
Now in third season Anita is worth ?20 million. Would def sell for that price!

hey guys iv'e re-created my legendary super 4-4-2 tactic i made in FM 13 and will be posting screenshots in this thread of the results

View attachment 431491

View attachment 431490

View attachment 431489

well guys from the screenshots above this looks to have potential considering i let my assistant manager takeover before the Everton game and with the tactic no where near fully fluid and also from the 3rd screenshot i have no natural wingers what's so ever this looks like a prospect and i truly can't wait until i fully test this with a new save

Last edited:
nope don't need one in this style, with player instructions there's not much countering for the opposition to do

you know how much this statement is worth on this patch?? lol (H)

Can't wait to try this bro.

I wanted to play 10 games before I leave a comment. I think if you could get the center and left hand forward to score a bit more this would be an amazing tactic.

Played 10 won 10. Scored 36 conceded 7.
I beat Madrid 3-1 away and Man city & OM at home 3-0 and 4-0 respectively. (i'm Barcelona btw)

Im having problems uploading SS but if someone can help me remedy that i'll post some (won't allow me to select images).

I wanted to play 10 games before I leave a comment. I think if you could get the center and left hand forward to score a bit more this would be an amazing tactic.

Played 10 won 10. Scored 36 conceded 7.
I beat Madrid 3-1 away and Man city & OM at home 3-0 and 4-0 respectively. (i'm Barcelona btw)

Im having problems uploading SS but if someone can help me remedy that i'll post some (won't allow me to select images).
On the bottom right hand corner it say "Basic Upload" just click on that and do it old school.