North Korea attacks South Korea.

• Thread starter Thread starter Frutty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 3K
Em thats basicly the whole of the world isnt it???

Ireland will definitely declare neutrality as we cant aford a loaf of bread at the minute,let alone the funds for a war :(

Not really, can't hit Europe, Oceania or South America but it's certainly a large area they can hit.

I'd rather be scared of Russia and China. If they form an alliance, I am pretty sure USA and UK will have no chance.
I hate the idea that Germany, UK, France have so close relations with USA, I hate to say, but it's like they are the Americans' slaves or something.
The world isn't like it once was.

Russia have got bigger problems domestically and wouldn't dare ruffle the feathers of other world powers. All they can claim is the ownership of the bigger nuclear stockpile, which is just about enough to ensure they're not ignored completely.

Likewise China have integrated themselves into the global economy to the extent that they have no need for allies. If North Korea persist they'll probably tut a bit but ultimately remain uninvolved.

The world isn't like it once was.

Russia have got bigger problems domestically to ruffle the feathers of other world powers. All they can claim is the ownership of the bigger nuclear stockpile, which is just about enough to ensure they're not ignored completely.

Likewise China have integrated themselves into the global economy to the extent that they have no need for allies. If North Korea persist they'll probably tut a bit but ultimately remain uninvolved.

Well said.

This is no more than a show of strength if the U.S.A is to be believed.
But North Korea have no proof of Atomic weapons, and a range of Alaska and Africa with the nuclear one's. The american's have basically told them to calm down...

This is no more than a show of strength if the U.S.A is to be believed.
But North Korea have no proof of Atomic weapons, and a range of Alaska and Africa with the nuclear one's. The american's have basically told them to calm down...

No, but they do have proof of uranium enrichment, and I personally would rather not risk it.

China have developed far too much in the past 30 years to lose all their exports. Living standards in that country are finally starting to improve, and I think the government has backed down from quite a few communist policies?

If there was to be a war, NK would be completely alone, I'm sure of that, it would be their end, I pity the people there, just because those commie bastards in the government brainwashed them, they'll probably have to suffer the consequences, if the war in fact comes. I even felt bad when Portugal won 7-0 to them in the world cup!

I felt sorry for the NK players after the WC, but I saw that Panorama in NK where you saw people queuing for hundreds of yards to get their measly government rations which, according to those who fled to the South, were tiny. They tried to cover it up and showw them a farmer having a massive feast, but those who fled told them they had likely set it up.

Say what you will about Kim Jong-il, but he loves Bond films.

All of this is no doubt a mere repercussion to all the uncertainty over whether they'll be another film in the series. If they'd just confirm it he'll settle down.

I felt sorry for the NK players after the WC, but I saw that Panorama in NK where you saw people queuing for hundreds of yards to get their measly government rations which, according to those who fled to the South, were tiny. They tried to cover it up and showw them a farmer having a massive feast, but those who fled told them they had likely set it up.

I saw a video that was secretly filmed in North Korea. The state creates all of the media so the citizens believe they are much wealthier than other countries, their old leader who died (His name escapes me) is made to look like a God by the people, and that he always had their best interests at heart etc. Anyone who tries to escape the country is killed in public, anyone caught with a camera, or brings in foreign materials are put to death.

The country really is mental, words can't even explain.

Yeah, that's the one, Kim Il-Sung is it? They believe he is God, it's all a bit mental as you said.

Actually, Kim Il-Sung is, constitutionally, still the leader of the country. He's the "eternal leader", and in theory will rule forever. :)

I recently watched a documentary on BBC4 where two South Korean comedians who were both born in the the North are allowed to return to shoot a documentary and perform a show. One of the double-act is handicapped and had to face the unnerving fact that if he had stayed in that country, he'd have been placed in a camp for life like a prisoner.

North Korea have no nuclear missile capability, Their arsenal is limited to a few nuclear bombs that have to be dropped by plane. China wouldnt "support" NK in any war.In fact it would like likely act as peacemaker given that any refuges would go straight across their borders and war in their region would heaviliy damage their local economy particularly as they trade well with japan, who are major allies with South Korea.

The real threat to civilians in the area is to Soeul, its only 30 km form the border, and has thousands of NK missiles and artillery pieces targeted on it, has done since the 50's, any pre cursor to war would see it it uttlerly destroyed

North Korea have no nuclear missile capability, Their arsenal is limited to a few nuclear bombs that have to be dropped by plane.

Very brave of you to say that. We honestly don't know. We SUSPECT they don't, but do you want to take that risk?

The real threat to civilians in the area is to Soeul, its only 30 km form the border, and has thousands of NK missiles and artillery pieces targeted on it, has done since the 50's, any pre cursor to war would see it it uttlerly destroyed

Yeah, Seoul is the area most under threat. If this war does happen it's going to be ******, horrific and very short, I think.

Very brave of you to say that. We honestly don't know. We SUSPECT they don't, but do you want to take that risk?
They seemed awfully proud that they've developed a uranium enrichment facility, so I'm sure they'd be equally boastful if nuclear weapons were in their grasp.

And a 'few' atomic bombs is correct. 3, as far as we know.

Yeah, Seoul is the area most under threat. If this war does happen it's going to be ******, horrific and very short, I think.
Their convential missiles cant reach us and they have long been most of the resources for warhead minaturisation. the nuclear threat isnt really to us as a country, but to countries in their region i.e. japan and south korea. Pyongyang are belligerent, but not insane. any nuclear use and their country would disappear

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

though what should be noted is that this time South Korea are finally out of patience by opening ly threatening missile strikes, rather than the veiled threats of before

Back