Transfer News

View attachment 769795

Norwich City unveil a Trio of Spaniards plus a Brazilian

View attachment 301905View attachment 301904

Europa League Champions Norwich City today unveiled four new signings. The first two both come from Spanish Giants FC Barcelona. Attacking Midfielder Denis Suarez joins on a free transfer after his contract expired on July 1st, whilst Central Midfielder Rafael Alcantara joins for a fee of £4.5 million, which could rise to 5 depending on appearances.

View attachment 301899View attachment 301898

Attacker Alvaro Morata joins the East Anglian side for a bargain £5 million from AC Milan. Arguably the biggest coup for Norwich City, is striking sensation Munir, who joins from Tottenham for a fee which could rise to £22 million.

Transfer Roundup

View attachment 769941

INS

View attachment 301871

Simone Scuffet - £13.75million

I've been scouting goalkeepers for the past two years, knowing that John Ruddy would be into his 30's, and Scuffet is the keeper that was recommended by various scouts. He will immediately challenge Ruddy for the number 1 jersey.

View attachment 301870

Marcos Rojo - £13.5million

A new centre back was a must, to add competition at the least. Rojo comes in and will challenge Kongolo for a spot alongside Fabian Schar in the middle of defence.

View attachment 301869

Cheick Tiote - £11.75million

A vital addition, quite possibly one of the most important players to us this upcoming season. He has a fantastic work rate and is a great tackler of the ball, will be vital in the games against the top clubs, both domestically and in Europe.

View attachment 301868

Rafinha - £4.5million

An excellent addition considering the price, and we battled against AS Roma to clinch his signature, will add depth in midfield and its great he can cover quite a lot of positions.

View attachment 301867

Denis Suarez - Free

Excellent player who once again can play in a few positions, should see quite a lot of playing time this year.

View attachment 301866

Alvaro Morata - £5million

With Lewis Grabban asking to leave to get more game time, it was vital to bring in a striker as cover, Morata is a great addition who will provide backup to Kane and Munir

View attachment 301865

Munir - £20million

Obviously the marquee signing and replaces Dybala as our number one attacker. Have big hopes for this man. Will have to change my tactics in order to allow him to play to the best of his ability, but the change should also benefit Lucas Silva and Tiote.

View attachment 301863

So Dybala, Grabban, Tettey and Russell Martin all leave, the majority of them having asked too. Martinez goes out on loan to gain more game time and I am hoping he progresses quite well whilst away.

August 17/18

August

View attachment 301831

100% start to the Premier League Season
City lose in the Euro Super Cup to United on Penalties
New signings start to settle

Euro Super Cup

View attachment 301820

A really good match in which we matched United for the first time in a long while. Munir scored a fantasic free kick on his debut, whilst Tiote managed to get himself sent off for two bookable offenses. Harry Kane was the unfortunate player who missed the 5th​ penalty, which meant that Manchester United win 5-4 on penalties.

The Barclays Premier League

Gameweek 1

View attachment 301817

Denis Suarez scores on his debut, the only goal in a closely fought match. We just about deserved the three points however, and am glad to get going in the league.

Gameweek 2

View attachment 301815

Much more like it. We were awful in the first half and were lucky to go in at the break ahead. Odegaard and Munir ran the show here, and Luta got a goal on his debut too.

League Table and Stats

View attachment 301825

Some great transfers though I feel you may paid over the odds for Tiote lol, nice start to the season!

Some great transfers though I feel you may paid over the odds for Tiote lol, nice start to the season!

Oh I definitely did! But he was a player I really wanted! I have so many technical players that I needed someone like him, he's my new captain too.

September 2017

View attachment 301534

September

Dele Alli wins Young Player of the Month
Norwich handed tough Champions League Draw
Proceed to the Fourth Round in the Capital One Cup

View attachment 301531

Gameweek 3

View attachment 301525

The result is unfair on the boys who played extremely well, they just couldn't finish the chances they created between themselves and Arsenal did.

Gameweek 4

View attachment 301524

Munir wasn't having the best day so brought Morata on, who repaid the favour by ripping apart the Everton defense.

Gameweek 5

View attachment 301523

A very good home performance, pleased to finally start getting a run going. Murphy was excellent.

Gameweek 6

View attachment 301522

A terrible feeling coming out of this game, we really should have put it to bed, we didn't and were punished right at the end. The only positive is that Munir scores his first League Goal.

View attachment 301519

So third in the league after six games. A decent enough start, the league is extremely close at the moment, and there's a long way to go.

View attachment 770808
Third Round

View attachment 301518

Rested the entire first XI, but it needed Munir to come off the bench to get the equaliser. Scrapped through 4-3 on penalties in the end. Will play Manchester City at home in the Fourth Round.

View attachment 770812

View attachment 301515

So a tough group. We will of course be looking to get all six points from Goteborg and then try and take points away from PSG and Dortmund.

Matchday 1

View attachment 301514

A dominant away performance in our first ever Champions League game. Rafinha was excellent throughout and Munir got onto the scoresheet too as he continues to struggle to settle into our style of play.

October 2017

View attachment 301305

October

View attachment 301302

Gameweek 7

View attachment 301291

A great win over a team who always seem to beat us. Aguero got his goal, as he always does against us, but all in all, a great performance by the boys, Munir getting on the scoresheet.

Gameweek 8

View attachment 301290

Another great win, the team really seems to be gelling now, and giving great performances week in, week out.

Gameweek 9

View attachment 301288

Norwich go top with an away win against the Hammers.

View attachment 771354
Fourth Round

View attachment 301283

Rested a lot of the team and it showed. We were completely outperformed by City in every single area of the pitch.

View attachment 771371

Matchday 2

View attachment 301280

A brilliant result against Dortmund. If we are going to qualify for the next round, our home games are the ones we really need to focus on taking maximum points from. Rafinha was excellent.

Matchday 3

View attachment 301276

The best result of the year so far. An outstanding result against the French Giants. I couldn't have believed that we could be top of our group after the first three games.

View attachment 301272

Great story, certainly doing well :)

Just noticed Sunderland are still in the premier although they were meant to be relegated in the second season, did the game crash lol.

Great story, certainly doing well :)

Just noticed Sunderland are still in the premier although they were meant to be relegated in the second season, did the game crash lol.

Yeah it did! When I replayed the last few games, whilst my scores weren't the same, the overall results were and I couldn't be bothered to edit my post!

Yeah it did! When I replayed the last few games, whilst my scores weren't the same, the overall results were and I couldn't be bothered to edit my post!

That's fine with me, I am a Sunderland fan so happy to see them still in the prem and doing better haha

November 2017

View attachment 301088

November

View attachment 301086

Gameweek 10

View attachment 301085

1st against 2nd and the reigning champions came out on top in a really close game. Really impressed with how we performed against the best side in England.

Gameweek 11

View attachment 301084

Munir starred but it wasn't enough to get anything from the game.

Gameweek 12

View attachment 301081

Awful! Made even worse by the fact it was at Carrow Road.

View attachment 771832

Matchday 4

View attachment 301080

So PSG get their revenge with a crushing win at home. Depay was unbelievable, and it allows Dortmund to catch up.

Matchday 5

View attachment 301079

Finally a win this month! Dortmund beat PSG too so this win puts us top of the group with just the game against Dortmund left.

Competition Roundup

View attachment 301078

A rubbish month that sees us drop down to 6th in the league. Onto December where we hope to make up ground and progress to the Knockout stages of the Champions League.

December 2017

December

View attachment 301018

View attachment 301017

Gameweek 13

View attachment 301015

A good result away from home, especially considering our awful form from November.

Gameweek 14

View attachment 301014

Another good result against a top side. Murphy has been exceptional this season so far and has outshone all our new signings.

Gameweek 15

View attachment 301013

Back to our November performances. We really need to start winning games or we are going to end up outside of the top 8.

Gameweek 16

View attachment 301012

A huge derby win over Ipswich. Martin Odegaard was absolutely exceptional.

Gameweek 17

View attachment 301010

I have no idea where these performances have come from, but another 6-0 win, and another Odegaard hattrick!

Gameweek 18

View attachment 301009

Not quite a 6-0 win, but another cleansheet and another goal from Odegaard! The same starting XI have played the last three games and within it, only 2 of the new signings are included (Scuffet and Rojo).

View attachment 771983

Matchday 6

View attachment 301008

A top drawer away performance in Germany secures top spot in our difficult group. We will play Zenit in the next round.

Competition Roundup

View attachment 301006

So up to 5th in the league, recovering from what was an awful November. Through to the knockout stages in the Champions League and will play Preston in the FA Cup third round.

January 2018

View attachment 300975

January

View attachment 300974

Gameweek 19

View attachment 300969

Great start to the month, Morata was lethal in front of goal.G

Gameweek 20

View attachment 300968

Outperformed by the better team.

Gameweek 21

View attachment 300967

Another great win, this time Kane taking all the plaudits.

Gameweek 22

View attachment 300966

Awful result, and one which took me completely by surprise.

View attachment 300973

Third Round

View attachment 300965

A young side gets a closely fought win over Preston.

Fourth Round

View attachment 300964

Munir returns from his 5 week lay off with a hat trick.

Competition Roundup

View attachment 300963

February 2018

View attachment 300779

February

View attachment 300778

Gameweek 23

View attachment 300776

Great start to the month as Norwich look to press on, Kane scoring for fun.

Gameweek 24

View attachment 300775

A famous victory at Old Trafford. We deserved the three points here and are now looking threatening for the top 4 places.

Gameweek 25

View attachment 300774

Another great win against a very strong team and the first time Sergio Aguero has failed to score against us in a game.

Gameweek 26

View attachment 300773

We should have got something from this game, appalling result considering how well we have been playing.

Gameweek 27

View attachment 300772

Cardiff are definitely beginning to become a bogey team, Grabban scoring twice against us makes things even worse.

Gameweek 28

View attachment 300771

In a busy month with league games, we finish as we started with a great win. All three goals, not including the penalty, were screamers from outside the box. Alli's won the goal of the month award. Both Alli and Murphy were injured and will be about for at least a month.

View attachment 300777

Fifth Round

View attachment 300768

For the second time this month, Norwich beat United to progress into the 6th Round of the cup, where we will play Chelsea.

View attachment 772503

1st Knockout Round

Leg 1

View attachment 300767

A crazy crazy game. Neither team's defense will come out with any credit from this game although Norwich let the game go a little towards the end. Going to have to be on top form at home in the second leg.

Competition Roundup

View attachment 300766

So 5th in the league, but we have a game in hand on City, so have a chance to claim 4th spot.

March 2018

View attachment 300623

March

View attachment 300622

Gameweek 29

View attachment 300621

We were top drawer today and very much deserved the three points.

Gameweek 30

View attachment 300620

Beaten by a class act. Chelsea are the best team in England at the moment and deserved the three points although we put up a fight and didn't disgrace ourselves unlike in the Cup!

Gameweek 31

View attachment 300619

Our ex Barcelona duo do the job for us today to get us much needed three points.

Gameweek 32

View attachment 300618

A tough result to take. We deserved at least a point from this one.

View attachment 300617

Sixth Round

View attachment 300615

Embarrasing!

View attachment 772847

1st Knockout Round
Leg 2

View attachment 300614

So we got the win on the night but couldn't find the elusive third goal that would have sent us through. Still, we can look back with pride on our first season in top European Competition.

Competition Roundup

View attachment 300613

April/May 2018

View attachment 300515

April/May

View attachment 300513

Gameweek 33

View attachment 300503

Great start to the month as we start the fight to track Manchester City down in 4th.

Gameweek 34

View attachment 300502

Another famous away victory against one of the top sides.

Gameweek 35

View attachment 300501

We get the double over our East Anglian rivals to keep the pressure up on Manchester City and secure 5th place.

Gameweek 36

View attachment 300500

A tough loss to take. We were very competitive and deserved a point from this game.

Gameweek 37

View attachment 300499

A great game for the neutrals but awful to watch as a manager. We can no longer catch City, and will finish 5th this season.

Gameweek 38

View attachment 300498

With nothing on the line, I played a weakened team for this one with some youngsters making their debuts. They performed admirably. Villa get the win but still get relegated!

View attachment 300496

I think its easy to see where we need to improve. Whilst we scored 90 goals (the most in the league, we also conceded 67!

English Footballer of the Year: Eden Hazard
English Players' Player of the Year: Sergio Aguero
English Premier League Top Goalscorer: Sergio Aguero
English Players' Young Player of the Year:Martin Odegaard(Thinking about renaming this award the Norwich City Young Player of the Year Award. One of our players has won it the last three years!!!)English Premier League Golden Glove: Thibaut Courtois
Manager of the Year: Jose Mourinho

View attachment 300504

So we have three players in the team of the year, all three very much deserve the accolade.

FA Cup Winners: Chelsea
Capital One Cup Winners: Manchester United
Champions League Winners: Chelsea
Europa League Winners: Liverpool

La Liga: Barcelona
Serie A: Juventus
Ligue 1: PSG
Bundesliga: Dortmund

Last edited:
Preseason 18/19

View attachment 300219

Preseason

So we went into the new season needing to strengthen in defense and try to keep hold of our best players. We hit some of these targets, we have slightly changed our tactics in order to be a bit more defensive minded.

View attachment 300211

A good preseason for the boys, good experience against some really good sides.

Transfer Roundup

IN

View attachment 300209

Kenny Sinnaeve - £20million*

So whilst we weren't looking for an attacker, we have been scouting Kenny for a couple of years and when Morata asked to leave we decided to make our move. The deal is for an initial £12million with clauses which could rise to 20. Feel very comfortable going into the new season with Kenny, Harry Kane and Munir.

View attachment 300206

Cristian Barrios - £7million

Cristian has been brought in to compete with Odegaard, but will get a lot of playing time as Odegaard is pushed back to central midfield.

View attachment 300205

Andre Wisdom - £11.75million

After a great World Cup as England's starting right back, as they won the cup, when he became available we made a huge effort to sign him. He will also be our new captain for the upcoming season.

View attachment 300204

Robin Knoche - £11.5million

A centre back whom we needed to add to the squad. He will provide competition to Rojo and Schar and should see his fair share of playing time.

View attachment 300202

Xuxa - £17.5million

So as part of the tactical shake up, a Defensive Midfielder was needed. We have Tiote but he's getting old, and this young brazilian has the potential to be the best in the world at his position. He will go straight into the first team.

View attachment 300201

So Rafinha and Morata both asked to leave after not being happy with the amount of playing time they recieved last year. We made great profits on them so not too worried. Bassong was homesick and Coleman left after we bought Wisdom. Bennett also wanted more playing time.

Promoted from the Youth Team

View attachment 300200View attachment 300199View attachment 300198

We have great hopes for all three young Englishmen. All will be in the first team squad.