Nosebleed Football [4-2-3-1] Jurgen Klopp's Gegenpressing :: by ARTISAN :: 14.3.1

Question about using it with certain teams. United for example i know you've tested it with them but how do the likes of mata, kagawa and januzaj fit into it or suit it? Plus having 3/4 main strikers i always find with them you need to somehow play two up top or sell a striker.

Question about using it with certain teams. United for example i know you've tested it with them but how do the likes of mata, kagawa and januzaj fit into it or suit it? Plus having 3/4 main strikers i always find with them you need to somehow play two up top or sell a striker.

My testers tested with Man Utd and I never did. But I think they rotated the squad heavily. Primarily Van P and Rooney upfront, Kagawa either Wide of as the advanced playmaker and Januzaj wide. They also played Javier Hernandez in cup games. Also all transfers were disabled in the tests so they could not sell or buy players at all. I would recommend keeping your players for squad depth as they are all quality

My testers tested with Man Utd and I never did. But I think they rotated the squad heavily. Primarily Van P and Rooney upfront, Kagawa either Wide of as the advanced playmaker and Januzaj wide. They also played Javier Hernandez in cup games. Also all transfers were disabled in the tests so they could not sell or buy players at all. I would recommend keeping your players for squad depth as they are all quality

Cheers for the reply, i might also try this with a lower league side or relegation side so if i ever do i'll let you know how it goes.

Artisan, why the celtic not kick in goal? laughs .. this tactic is amazing .. note: only used the Green until now .. I will post my table..

Sorry the bad english

Artisan, why the celtic not kick in goal? laughs .. this tactic is amazing .. note: only used the Green until now .. I will post my table..

Sorry the bad english

Excellent results mate. Happy it is working for you so far

Cheers for the reply, i might also try this with a lower league side or relegation side so if i ever do i'll let you know how it goes.

During testing. Much weaker teams were used and they did not do quite so well. I believe one test with Cardiff city saw them in 7th place halfway through the season but that was rather rare when it came to weaker team testing. Hey, maybe it might work for you though. Weaker teams just don't have the determination or defensive capabilities for it to work well.

Last edited:
Perfect. My Athletic side had got a little stale with my previous 4-2-3-1 so I'll try this and hope for some improvements.

I was sceptical about the poll you had going in the tactics section on this, found it all a little bad taste considering the wait that was going on but credit where credits due that is a fabulous OP and I have to say I am intrigued.

The Brazil tactic you had was brilliant, results wise, but didn't really suit me and my tendency to use wingers. However, this does.

What I am going to do is something a little Southampton esque. I am going to start a new game with this with Wolves in League One who yes, are a lower league side but what is good about them is they have a great squad for that league, good resources, good stadium and training ground and most importantly good Youth Academy. I am going to use that as an opportunity to hone a "philosophy" all throughout the club using this system and I am optimistic.

I will report back as and when.

EDIT: I know you state during testing this did not work with "weaker" sides, however, I think your being a little harsh on yourself/those sides as you also stated this was tested with there original squads. Clearly the intention of using this tactic with my Wolves team is to improve the side gradually season on season to the point in which hopefully they will not be considered a "weak" side.

Last edited:
I was sceptical about the poll you had going in the tactics section on this, found it all a little bad taste considering the wait that was going on but credit where credits due that is a fabulous OP and I have to say I am intrigued.

Yeah I know about the wait :'(. Not long after making the poll, I was handed a massive essay that had to completed in two weeks so I could not work on the tactic for a while. After completing my essay, I did not play the game much as my girlfriend and I moved in together so no time was not easy to come by. Apologies

All my future tactics will take about 2 weeks max to complete from now on. I will make sure I have time first before creating a poll. (A)

The Brazil tactic you had was brilliant, results wise, but didn't really suit me and my tendency to use wingers. However, this does.

The lack of wingers put some people off I know but thanks for the compliment :wub:

I know you state during testing this did not work with "weaker" sides, however, I think your being a little harsh on yourself/those sides as you also stated this was tested with there original squads. Clearly the intention of using this tactic with my Wolves team is to improve the side gradually season on season to the point in which hopefully they will not be considered a "weak" side.

Yh thats true the original squads held the tactic back at times. Hopefully it all works out for you and sounds like a very interesting challenge. Never tried to adapt a philosophy through out the squad from lower divisions. I think I might try that sometime.

Last edited:
yes he plays the role and makes it really so good :)

So the wingers and AP constantly switch position? really sorry if I missed that in the OP. Seems to be working really really well with my Newcastle team so far mate well done.

So the wingers and AP constantly switch position? really sorry if I missed that in the OP. Seems to be working really really well with my Newcastle team so far mate well done.

Only the wingers swap position and the AP remains primarily in the hole behind the striker. Happy it is working for you