think the steam stuff is stupid, i have not got the game yet for one because of this. I dont see why i should have to put steam on my computer to play a game ive got from a shop on the high street. Poor reason given as to why they have done it!

Preventing day one piracy is not a poor reason.

think the steam stuff is stupid, i have not got the game yet for one because of this. I dont see why i should have to put steam on my computer to play a game ive got from a shop on the high street. Poor reason given as to why they have done it!

I dont think you understand just how much money they lose in zero day piracy

You could install steam by the time you've unboxed the game.

ive had steam since 2008, and had fm09, 10, 11 and now 12 on it. i have no idea why/how some people are moaning about it, its more of a help than a hinderance imo. and the acheivements provide further tagets to aim for. this is the modern world, the only people i know who dont have the internet are my 80-odd year old grandparents, aside from no internet i do not see the issue at all...

I'm sure SI have nothing to gain by stopping the rampant piracy of their world class product...

Heaven forbid you download something that allows automatic updates and access to hundreds of gaming titles.

Steam doesn't hurt your PC. It's not spyware.

and lol at "some people can't get internet"...yea, and they probably can't find an electrical socket either

The only gripe I have about Steam, is the fact that now whenever I click that little icon on my desktop to boot up the Manager of Football 2012 Edition, is the fact that I have to wait a few moments for Steam to boot up and ask me if I was to load Steam in offline mode, in which I press "Yes" as usual, then I have to wait a few more moment for Steam to get it's **** together and just load up the sodding game.

Otherwise, it's fairly non-intrusive, unless you want to turn your laptop off, where it is always still running. I then have to wait a few moments for my computer to ask me whether or not I was to "Force Shutdown" or "Cancel", for then I have to hang around while my laptop accepts the fact I have pressed "Force Shutdown", I then wait a few more moments for the Steam icon to spas-out in the corner of the screen (I can't close the Laptop lid yet as it will go into power-save instead of shutting down), and finally the laptop reaches that shutdown screen and I can finally leave my laptop and miss my bus.

Gets a bit tedious after the 4th time.

I honestly think people are just looking for ANY possible reason to moan about anything FM related??
any excuse to ***** about the game or SI and their on it like a tramp on chips!
ive never ever used steam before..and now ive used it i cant see any problem with it what so ever?
its brilliant,easy to use and i cant see myself turning back!
fair play to everyone at SI taking a good step towards battling piracy!

has it actually worked this time? I know its usually cracked in just a few hours.

They wont know for a while until sales come in. But such is the level of piracy, if they prevent a quarter of it first day they double their first day sales. FAR more people pirate the game than buy it

I do like steam, great way for games. But the change in Football Manager 2012 is somewhat odd, I couldn't download it because the activation key was already in use on the other computer. Which I will now buy a second cd, so hopefully I can play without the worries about the Serial Key.

But I like steam, they have some good offers at time, I never get them though. But sometimes these offers are really cheap.

I can't play my game because of steam. Anything I run on Steam my computer thinks has viruses and shuts it down!

I can't play my game because of steam. Anything I run on Steam my computer thinks has viruses and shuts it down!

Thats a problem with your antvirus rather than steam. Set steam as an exception

You need to change your firewall settings to allow steam. I had the same problem about 3 years ago when I first used steam

EDIT. What Mike said XD

people don't like steam because it takes away some of your control. and it uses about 35mb or ram, which doesn't sound like a lot but it does slow the computer down. so for low powered laptops it could make the game run slower.

I personally love steam, updates everything for you like patches ETC and is easy to use

people don't like steam because it takes away some of your control. and it uses about 35mb or ram, which doesn't sound like a lot but it does slow the computer down. so for low powered laptops it could make the game run slower.

If your laptop cant handle steam, it isnt gonna handle FM12 to be fair. Although your point is certainly more valid for Macs. Steam isnt as well run on them

I dont like steam because start up is not as fast, I dont like having lots of programs running on my computer, I know when i try to install on my new laptop in a month or so its going to be a pain, But apart from that its fine

Anyone know why Steam refuses to open FM when i click on the 'play' button?! It just quickly pops up with 'Preparing to launch FM' Then nothing happens. Most infuriating thing in the world. I'm on a mac if that makes a difference

I might be wrong, but FM requires minimum 2 gb ram, right? And if you have a computer with 2 gb ram, 35 mb is nothing. The reason SI is making a Steam only game is probably to avoid piracy. In other games, like for example Call of Duty, the majority of the people buying it want to play online. It's easy for the developers to prevent people from playing online on a cracked copy of the game. FM however, is mostly a single-player game. Then, it is extremely difficult to avoid people from stealing their game. A lot of people downloading a cracked copy of the game would buy it if they weren't able to find a crack. And so far, no one have managed to crack it, so SI's tactic kinda seems to work.

I dont like steam because start up is not as fast, I dont like having lots of programs running on my computer, I know when i try to install on my new laptop in a month or so its going to be a pain, But apart from that its fine
Turn the autostart off? -.-