Steam is amazing. Never had a problem with it and its sales are awesome. Obviously if you ONLY play FM you're not gonna like it as much as an FPS player like myself.

Still not happy about having to have steam on my computer when i dont want it. But i want football manager so going to have to use it!

My first year playing with steam and I'd rather play without but I didn't understand that SI are trying to prevent piracy so now I will happily play with steam :) it's nothing for you lot to moan about as it is a perfectly valid reason from SI!

I didn't like the idea of having Steam on my PC, I don't like programs cluttering it up or running in the background when I don't need them. I also didn't like having to use a program I didn't want to in order to okay a game I've played for years. But I thought '**** it', gave Steam a go and downloaded FM12 through FMBase, and I can honestly say it's been no problem at all. If anything I found it far more enjoyable expanding my demo save seamlessly on the morning the game came out, the download was pretty quick (I suppose not many started downloading at 5:00am) and installation was even quicker than usual.

I won't be using Steam for anything else as I don't game on the PC other than the FM franchise, but it really doesn't take anything away from the whole FM experience at all.

I did guys but it still ain't working :/ Just buying a second hand computer for 45 quid instead better be worth it!

Very important Steam question

I have a dial up internet connection and my question is.After activating the game on steam, do I have to be connected to the internet to play it ? cause if this is the case then it means that our phone is out of service anytime and all the time that I play FM.Second question,if it is possable to play FM in offline mode then what is to stop someone buying the game going into offline mode then copying that and selling the game like that ???

I have a dial up internet connection and my question is.After activating the game on steam, do I have to be connected to the internet to play it ? cause if this is the case then it means that our phone is out of service anytime and all the time that I play FM.Second question,if it is possable to play FM in offline mode then what is to stop someone buying the game going into offline mode then copying that and selling the game like that ???

1) Once activated, you can play it offline.
2) It's a one time activation. Once that key is used, it cannot be used again.

Can't connect to Steam today, annoying as ****. Anyone else not able to?

The only fault i find with it is that it adds to the number of programs you are using on your PC. I like to have the Internet up so i have FM, the new and Steam and it really slows my laptop down which is *****.

I have 2 computers but only my desktop PC is connected to the internet,so once activated and put into offline mode, can I transfer it to my laptop so that I can play FM on either/both computers ?

I have 2 computers but only my desktop PC is connected to the internet,so once activated and put into offline mode, can I transfer it to my laptop so that I can play FM on either/both computers ?

Needs to be downloaded onto the other computer first

No prblems for me. Just loaded up FM no problems

Okay, perhaps it's just my internet. I can't even play offline, because I can't connect to the Steam network :S

Okay, perhaps it's just my internet. I can't even play offline, because I can't connect to the Steam network :S

I've had a similar problem before. Gave it half an hour, tried again and got on fine. I'd just give it a short while before trying again.

How do I download it onto my laptop ?
As I said before,only my desktop has a internet connection

I have a small question, is that issue of playing only with the disk(offline) gone?
occasionally I won't have internet since I'm away from home or so.

Can anyone tell me where the Editor for FM12 is placed, it must be somewhere in steam, so hopefully you guys can help.
Im playing on a Macbook, if that matters.

Steam's offline mode is cunty. That's the only problem.

How do I download it onto my laptop ?
As I said before,only my desktop has a internet connection
You can use the backup feature:
Right-click FM12 in the library -> Backup game files
Then you will just have to copy the files onto a usb drive (or directly back it up onto the drive) and run the .exe on you laptop

I have a small question, is that issue of playing only with the disk(offline) gone?
occasionally I won't have internet since I'm away from home or so.
I think so. SI are trying to limit piracy it seems. Make sure you Steam and FM is updated then go into offline mode and it should continue to work.

Can anyone tell me where the Editor for FM12 is placed, it must be somewhere in steam, so hopefully you guys can help.
Im playing on a Macbook, if that matters.
It is different this year. In steam, click the drop down at the top of the library tab and go into tools. You will see the editor and the archiver in the list there and you just have to install them.

**** Steam, steaming pile of ****. nice one FM, no chance im buying anything that insists i re-install that steaming pile of **** on MY pc ever again.