**** Steam, steaming pile of ****. nice one FM, no chance im buying anything that insists i re-install that steaming pile of **** on MY pc ever again.

Not trying to insult you. But in 95% of cases the problem lies with the user or their computer system, not steam. Almost all of the staff on the forum have been using steam for the last couple of editions of FM, i have never had a problem with it.

Please outline your problem more specifically and maybe i can help.

Not trying to insult you. But in 95% of cases the problem lies with the user or their computer system, not steam. Almost all of the staff on the forum have been using steam for the last couple of editions of FM, i have never had a problem with it.

Please outline your problem more specifically and maybe i can help.

His attitude? ;)

Ive not had a problem since I started using steam. And the often have really good offers on games too :)

I was pretty sceptical about Steam at first, and didn't really want to get Football Manager because of it. But I gave it a try and it was actually really easy to use and simple to pay and stuff. Pretty impressed.

Something that did annoy me though, was the fact that I had to seperately download the editor, as I spent ages looking for it >.<

Why don't we like steam, well why should I go to a shop buy a game and then need permission from a third party to play it..How much was paid to si for that!! Then that third party then want me to buy other games from thier site..thus giving all my personal details just sitting there waiting to be hacked!!!
So they stop pirate copies and rightly so, but at what cost to others.
The point of this game is it just isn't a game, its a hobby, where we go to the shop and buy a disk, start the game, put in our own updates, kits, badges, faces etc.. I have done this since cm01 and dont want third party interference.
Just for the record, what happens when you unlock all the achievements anyway, will the cost of the game be refunded as a great prize!! I doubt it.

Last edited:
Why don't we like steam, well why should I go to a shop buy a game and then need permission from a third party to play it..How much was paid to si for that!! Then that third party then want me to buy other games from thier site..thus giving all my personal details just sitting there waiting to be hacked!!!
So they stop pirate copies and rightly so, but at what cost to others.
The point of this game is it just isn't a game, its a hobby, where we go to the shop and buy a disk, start the game, put in our own updates, kits, badges, faces etc.. I have done this since cm01 and dont want third party interference.
Just for the record, what happens when you unlock all the achievements anyway, will the cost of the game be refunded as a great prize!! I doubt it.

Called achievements for a reason. And it wasn't their fault they were hacked-you forget there are scumbags and lowlifes out there who have no lifes, no friends, are probably grossly obese and enjoy making lives of people a misery-because they can't be arsed to do anything else due to being a failure in life in general, and will grow old and die alone (hopefully). And it's EXTREMELY difficult for them to get passwords etc, as they're just about unrecovarable unway because of a salting and hashing process, and the added Steamguard protection system makes life even more difficult for the moronic generation out there.