Official England v Slovenia/Algeria discussion thread.

Will England Qualify?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gerrard-Carragher(best bud)-Johnson(teamate)-Rooney(fellow scoucer)-Crouch(ex pool)-James(ex pool)-Warnock(ex pool)-Heskey(ex pool)

Lampard-Terry(best bud)-A.Cole(teamate)-J.Cole(ex Chelsea)-Wright Phillips(ex Chelsea)

What does this \Prove?#

That English top sides have owned or do Own englands top internationals at some point.

Rooney never played for England, the fact he was born in Liverpool, means **** all. If there was a big rivalary( between the players), surely we wouldnt of qualified so well. Surely a Manchester United player like Rooney would get on with a liverpool legend Gerrard? Surely an Manchester United player wouldnt a very popular figure within the squad as capt( rio)

Your looking to deep into it, the facts are, we have been ****, We have been leggy, full of no life or passion. and We simply arent the best in the world. Things have changed, there is no more international Teams, that simply make up the numbers, like there used to be.

If Capello wants out asap, maybe he's doing it on purpose. ;)

I wonder if he'll stupid enough to play 2 advancing full-backs with 2 wingers at the same time?

fail

I called England v Algeria at 0-0, and I'm calling this Slovenia 1 - 1 England.

we still have one game left, why is everyone acting like its over, maybe we should actually see what happens on wednesday??

I think we'll win, Capello has ordered a team meeting, and he'll sort it out, and get on the training ground, then beat Slovenia 2-0.

Not many people realise how much an effect the press has.

Not many people realise that Slovenia aren't very good either.

i know not many people will agree but what about playing 2 players that have proven will score and combinde together crouch and defoe?? i know this means dropping rooney but he obviously isent in the right state off mind im thinking this for my team:

GK: James
LB: A.Cole
RB: Johnson
DC:Terry
DC: Dawson
DM: Barry
ML: J.Cole
MR: Lennon
AM: Gerrard
ST: Crouch
ST: Defoe

I just feel we need goals and this partnership will guarrenee goals.

i know not many people will agree but what about playing 2 players that have proven will score and combinde together crouch and defoe?? i know this means dropping rooney but he obviously isent in the right state off mind im thinking this for my team:

i disagree, but purely on the grouns that 4-4-2 should be dead for england anyway. but if capello was to go 4-4-2 id start with that, bring rooney off the bench

I honestly think if Heskey doesn't play we'll be a much better side.

i disagree, but purely on the grouns that 4-4-2 should be dead for england anyway. but if capello was to go 4-4-2 id start with that, bring rooney off the bench

yer thats what i ment if he dosent ditch the 4-4-2 which i think he should. but if he dosent then imagine rooney on the bench all fired up wanting to pounce.

Line up; agreed.
Formation; not so much.

cant be asked to predict a line up or what i would want if i'm honest, but if i was to name a few, i'd like to see Cole, Dawson and probably Defoe included in the line up.

personally i'd go 4-2-3-1 cole for heskey, milner for lennon, and carrick for lampard. solid possesion and passing from deep; and fluid versatile players up front

I've posted my team in a previous post, and I chose a Chelsea type 4-1-2-1-2, as I think we need to dominate the middle, and get our best players in Gerrard and Lampard and Rooney in the middle, so they can dominate the space.
With Rooney playing off Defoe and Crouch so he has the room to shoot and play a pass into Defoe, and his movement will create space for others.

really do rate capello, but i gotta ask why we keep bringing in managers who are cautious by nature, when that isnt englands style at all

Slovenia will beat us.

We need a manager who knows the ins and outs of playing for England, and who knows what it means. Look at Holland for example. Got a nobody managing them - but their coaching staff is full of Dutch legends.

Argentina - Maradona, the people love him. Doing well so far.

Brazil - Dunga, legend for Brazil.

I think in England's case we need someone who cares about the country, i.e Psycho Stuart Pearce. He's had experience with assistant managing and the U-21 team. We need Becks in the set up, and a few other big England names. Stuart is a decent manager, and knows the importance of playing for your country - it's not just about the pay cheque. That's what I think anyway. Slovenia 1 England 0.

I wont be the only person finishing work at 5pm on Wednesday.