"Oh me lads, you should've seen us gannin'" - Newcastle United - Making The Supporters Happy Again!

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
1624101647060.png

NEWCASTLE UNITED

Here I am, a near 40y/o Scotsman who has supported Newcastle from afar in the North East of Scotland in Aberdeenshire (also support Aberdeen as you may well know) since 1990 as a 9y/o boy. Since then I have seen the highs of the Keegan years and throwing away the league title and the rebuild of the Bobby Robson years who took us back into the Champions League and then the hope that Rafa Benitez gave us to the absolute **** show that we have to put up with now with our uninterested owner and a complete and utter muppet as a manager who despite being a Newcastle fan just seems to want to **** the supporters off!

So before the transfer window kicks in and depresses me even more about the state of my club I have decided to do a save with my beloved Newcastle to see what could be. I have updated the database transfer wise and trawled through retained lists, cancelled loans, updated managers and promoted and relegated sides (Southend get a stay of execution in league 2 lol) and also updated European qualifiers so it is a clean slate.

--

THE AIM

Well becoming manager is success in itself as the useless muppet that is Steve Bruce will have gone. Now to get to work on the owner, Mike Ashley but alas I have no control over that. What I do have control over is the team and I am aiming for a top half finish and maybe a cup run in the first season but in long term it is total domination and to just make the supporters happy again with some entertaining football and to win some trophies to boot!

1624102459696.png

1624102522493.png

YEARLEAGUECARABAO CUPFA CUPCOMMUNITY SHIELDEUROPA LEAGUECHAMPIONS LEAGUESUPER CUPCLUB WORLD CUP
2020-215thQuarter-FinalsWINNERS-----
2021-224thWINNERSQuarter-FinalsRunners-UpWINNERS---
2022-232nd3rd Round4th Round--Semi-FinalsRunners-Up-
2023-24WINNERSQuarter-FinalsRunners-UpWINNERS-1st Round--
2024-25WINNERSQuarter-FinalsQuarter-FinalsWINNERS-WINNERS--
2025-26

Last edited:
1624102653752.png

PRE-SEASON

So I rock up into St. James' Park delighted to be managing my beloved Newcastle United and even more delighted that Steve Bruce has been given his marching orders. Now I had to get stuck into overhauling both the backroom staff and more importantly the playing staff. As a fan I had a load of pre-conceived ideas about who to keep etc and lo and behold some of my most hated players are still ****** here to annoy me!

I inherited a mediocre squad with some mercurial talents like Allan Saint-Maximin, Miguel Almiron, Ryan Fraser and the gorgeous Callum Wilson lol but for every good player we have the biggest waste of £40m ever, Joelinton, Emil Krafth, and Jeff Hendrick.

So as for my backroom staff I appointed former player, Nicky ****, as my technical director and actually appointed another former player, Damien Duff as a youth coach although that wouldnt make the supporters too happy! Ralf Rangnick has joined as my director of football and he has already made an impact while Bryan Krug is my new head of youth development. I also revamped the U23 and youth staff.

So onto players leaving.

--

PLAYERS OUT

Matt Ritchie joins Burnley for £10.75m. I love Matt Ritchie in real life but he just had to go as he didnt fit in my formation so to get that amount of money for him was a fantastic piece of business. Emil Krafth was on my hitlist before I loaded up the save lol and Crystal Palace took him out of our hands for £6.25m which I was delighted with.

Federico Fernandez is a player that I like but I moved him on to Chinese side Wuhan for £4.8m and then Hertha Berlin decided to sign Karl Darlow (dont mind him in real life) for £3.5m and Yoshinori Muto (dont get me started) for £4.1m. I then sold on several U23 players.

So who is still around who I tried to sell? ****** JOELINTON!!!!!! He rejected a £7m to Dinamo Moscow and a £5m loan deal to Swansea so while the transfer window hasnt ended I am not giving up hope but I just cant have him around the place. Ciaran Clark (who I dont mind either) rejected a £4.6m move to Udinese frustratingly.

--

PLAYERS IN

So with all the free transfers out there who did I bring in on a free - nobody!!!! Didnt bother going in for Sergio Ramos or Diego Costa, thought about Jack Wilshere and decided against it although I did try and get Joshua King but he rejected us to sign for West Ham which I didnt understand until I realised that meant he would have European football for the season!

I have spent big on 3 players though!

My most expensive signing was arranged by Ralf Rangnick as he shelled out £16m on Real Betis winger Diego Lainez. The Mexican is a speedy winger who at just 20y/o can get much better and while I have never had him before I have huge hopes for him.
lainez.png

I desperately needed a new right back so I decided to bring in a former Newcastle player, James Tavernier, from Rangers for £12m. He should do a job for a couple of seasons and I expect him to grab some goals from free-kicks and penalties.
tavernier.png

Thiago Almada joined us from Velez Sarsfield for £6m. The 19y/o Argentinian will compete for the AMC position and I know that he can go onto be a world star so I am delighted to bring him on board.
almada.png

My only other notable signing was that of Octavian Popescu from FCSB for £450,000. He is a 17y/o left winger from Romania and I am eager to see how he gets on.
popescu.png

--

SQUAD

I am not done yet regarding transfers. I desperately need a backup striker for Callum Wilson as I dont want to rely on Joelinton if he doesnt go and Dwight Gayle is injured. I have around £10m left to spend so we shall see.

Anywho, the wonderful Martin Dubravka is injured for the start of the season so Freddie Woodman will get a chance to shine. In defence I am content. Having Lejeune back from his loan spell means I am pretty strong at CB with Schar, Lascelles, Clark and Dummett all available to play there. Jamal Lewis and Tavernier will be my full backs.

In CM I was tempted to bring Joe Willock on loan from Arsenal but I just couldnt. With Jonjo Shelvey, the Longstaff brothers, Hendrick (shudder) and Hayden I had enough there. We are strongest in the AM positons and even better they are all versatile. Saint-Maximin is a must but Almiron, Fraser, Lainez and Almada will all be competing for the other 2 positions and up front Callum Wilson better stay fit.

--

A GLIMPSE INTO THE FUTURE..............

Just for a laugh this. To all Spurs fans, apparently your side appoints Michael O'Neill as manager!!!!! Oh dear. Everton appoint Abelardo and Crystal Palace Quique Sanches Flores while Eddie Howe rocks up at WBA, Chris Wilder at Bournemouth and Mark Hughes returns to Stoke.

Now for free transfers......

Sergio Ramos - PSG
Diego Costa - Valencia
James McCarthy - Hamburg
David Luiz, Ryan Bertrand, Javi Martinez - Guangzhou
Andy Carroll - AZ
Robbie Brady - Lyon
Mamadou Sakho - Zenit
Jerome Boateng - Real Madrid​

1624127245458.png

SEPTEMBER

watfor.png

Lineup - Woodman, Tavernier*, Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis, Hayden, S.Longstaff (Shelvey), Fraser (Lainez), Almiron (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Wilson

A perfect way to kick-off the season and save as we put newly promoted Watford to the sword. James Tavernier had an excellent debut as he collected an assist and the MOM award but overall I was delighted with our dominance. Both sides had 1st half goals disallowed - Lascelles for us.

--

Carabao Cup 2nd Round
pboro.png

Lineup
- Woodman, Manquillo, Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis (Dummett), Hayden, Hendrick (Vilca), Murphy, Almada, Lainez (Popescu), Wilson

I expected to win this match in 90min fairly comfortably but that didnt happen as we were taken to penalties. I would also have liked to have fielded more backup players but half of them are injured!

--

everton.png

Lineup - Woodman, Tavernier, Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis (Dummett), Hayden (Shelvey), S.Longstaff, Fraser, Almiron, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Wilson

Always nice to get one over on short arm keeper Jordan Pickford! Captain Jamaal Lascelles headed in the only goal to give us a 2nd successive win and clean sheet in the league. Not a bad start!

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
hudders.png

Lineup - Woodman, Manquillo, Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis (Dummett), Hayden, Hendrick, Murphy*, Almada (Vilca), Lainez, Wilson

We make it through with this narrow victory. I desperately need to sign a new striker as I really shouldnt have been playing Callum Wilson in these 2 cup games but I am determined to jettison Joelinton.

--

man utd.png

Lineup - Woodman, Tavernier, Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis, Shelvey (Hayden), S.Longstaff, Fraser, Almiron (Schar), Saint-Maximin, Wilson

Meh. We offered nothing going forward here and were battling for a draw throughout but from the moment that Florian Lejeune got sent-off it was never likely that we would get a result and so it proved. They did have a goal disallowed but ultimately we lose out.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
arsenal.png

Lineup
- Woodman, Tavernier, Lascelles, Schar, Lewis (Dummett), Shelvey, S.Longstaff, Fraser (Lainez), Almiron (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Wilson

We were the underdogs and offered a good account of ourselves here but in the end we couldnt deal with Aubameyang. Disappointing but not disastrous.

--

SUMMARY

We have had a decent start to the league campaign. We easily defeated Watford 3-0 and then followed that up by narrowly beating Everton 1-0 although we then went on to lose to Man Utd 1-0 after having a man sent-off. It is all good though.

In the Carabao Cup we edged past Peterborough United on penalties before edging out Huddersfield but alas we were knocked out by Arsenal 4-2 away which was disappointing but not unexpected.

I did make another signing during the month and it is another former Newcastle player as Jetro Willems was signed on a free transfer after being released by Eintracht Frankfurt. He will compete for the LB spot and at the very least I will make a large profit on him.
willems.png

I will sign a striker before the deadline ends that is for sure. Who? I have absolutely no idea lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JAMES TAVERNIER
jt.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
SEP.png

1624181829207.png

OCTOBER

spurs.png

Lineup
- Woodman, Tavernier, Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis (Dummett), Shelvey (Hendrick), S.Longstaff, Fraser (Murphy), Almiron, Saint-Maximin*, Wilson

A good win as we pour more misery onto Spurs' shocking start to the season. Miguel Almiron (who I named my cat Miggy after) put us ahead after only 2min and when Tavernier converted a penalty we were on easy street. They pushed and pulled a goal back but we were never really in any danger and held on for the win.

Transfer deadline is in the next couple of days and I have to find myself a striker!!!!

--

villa.png

Lineup - Woodman, Tavernier, Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis, Shelvey (Hayden), S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin, Almiron (Vilca), Lainez, Wilson*

CALLUM WILSON!!!!

My main man up front scored a superb hat-trick and with 2 goals in the opening 3 minutes the game was as good as over before it had started! I hate Villa so I am delighted with this scoreline.

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Woodman, Tavernier, Lascelles, Schar, Lewis (Dummett), Shelvey (Hayden), S.Longstaff, Fraser, Almiron, Saint-Maximin, Wilson (Badji)

I went into this game with no expectations and although we did ourselves proud we were beaten in the end. Having gone 2-1 up early on in the 2nd half I would have hoped to have got a point but alas it was not to be.

--

norwich.png

Lineup - Woodman, Tavernier, Lascelles*, Lejeune, Shelvey (M.Longstaff), S.Longstaff (Hayden), Fraser, Almiron, Saint-Maximin (Lainez), Wilson

Not the most enthralling of games but we got the result that we wanted thanks to a Callum Wilson goal.

--

SUMMARY

We maintained our strong start to the season this month by winning 3 out of our 4 matches. Our one defeat came up against Leicester which was disappointing but we are looking good and getting some players back to full fitness which is a bonus.

I finally got rid of Joelinton!!!!!!! He joined Brentford on loan for a paltry £80,000 loan fee but they can buy him for £5m if they wish. Ciaran Clark is also on his way to Brighton for £4m but inexplicably they put in the offer 1 day AFTER the deadline so he will be hanging around until January.

As for my new striker I had to be a little creative. I paid £7.5m and another £7.5m in instalments over time to bring in Youssouph Badji from Club Brugge. The 18y/o Senegalese striker was immense in my Champions League Challenge save so I am eager to see if he can be just as good here.
badji.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CALLUM WILSON
wilson.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
OCT.png

1624188683477.png

NOVEMBER

burnley.png

Lineup
- Woodman, Tavernier, Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis, Shelvey, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Fraser, Almiron (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Wilson*

Callum Wilson struck his 2nd hat-trick of the season to down Burnley here and it could have been more as both my CBs - Lejeune and Lascelles - had goals disallowed!

--

palace.png

Lineup - Woodman, Manquillo, Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis, Shelvey (Hayden), S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin*, Almiron, Lainez, Wilson (Badji)

WHAT A COMEBACK! We were 3-0 down and bounced back to salvage a draw - our first of the season. Saint-Maximin was the hero with 2 goals as it ended up being him v Zaha.

--

brentford.png

Lineup - Woodman, Manquillo, Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis, Shelvey, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Fraser, Almiron (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Wilson (Badji)

Having taken the lead only to throw it away within a minute is incredibly frustrating. Brentford have settled into life in the Premier League quite well so far which I find surprising.

--

SUMMARY

An unbeaten month but with only 3 matches - against "weaker" opponents - it is no surprise that we didnt lose and I actually think that we should have got more than the 5pts that we claimed. We easily beat Burnley before coming back from 3-0 down to salvage a draw against Crystal Palace and then we drew with Brentford which was a disappointment.

I have problems in central midfield. Jonjo Shelvey has been hopeless. He will spend a spell on the sidelines and I may look to sign a new CM in the winter window if I have funds. Sean Longstaff alongside him has done ok.

There is takeover news!!!! 2 groups are in talks with Mike Ashley about buying the club and one of them said that they will appoint a new manager! Maybe going into the new year things will have changed.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALLAN SAINT-MAXIMIN
ASM.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
NOV.png

1624195184728.png

DECEMBER

chelsea.png

Lineup
- Woodman, Tavernier (Manquillo), Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis, Hayden, M.Longstaff (Shelvey), Fraser, Almiron (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Wilson*

Magnificent!

We fully deserved our win as we were dominant throughout. Ryan Fraser scored his 1st goal for us to put us ahead and then Callum Wilson chipped in with 2 goals in the 2nd half. Very nice indeed and with some tough fixtures coming it is very much needed!

--

pool.png

Lineup - Woodman, Tavernier, Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis (Willems), Hayden (Shelvey), M.Longstaff (Hendrick), Fraser, Almiron, Saint-Maximin, Wilson*

I dont know how to judge this match. If you offered me a draw beforehand I would have snapped your hand off but if you consider that we were 2-0 up and then 3-2 up late on and we didnt manage to win that is disappointing. However on the other side of the coin they absolutely battered us and had 2 goals disallowed.

--

man city.png

Lineup - Woodman*, Tavernier, Lascelles, Lejeune, Willems, Hayden, S.Longstaff, Fraser (Lainez), Almiron (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Wilson (Badji)

A fine point. Defensively we were very impressive and Freddie Woodman had a blinder in goal as he kept Man City out. My forwards had an off day for a change but I will let them off.

--

1-3.png

Lineup - Woodman, Tavernier, Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis, Hayden, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Fraser (Lainez), Almiron (Almada), Saint-Maximin, Wilson

Arsenal amazingly still have a 100% record in the league this season and we couldnt stop them here. Our 7 game unbeaten run ends. Despite that unbeaten run we have only 1 win in 6. Almiron was taken off injured and will be out for a month.

--

leeds.png

Lineup - Woodman, Tavernier, Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis (Willems), Hayden, S.Longstaff, Fraser (Lainez), Almada, Saint-Maximin, Wilson (Badji)

I am livid with this result. They only had 2 shots on goal and managed to score with both as somehow they got a point. 1 win in 7 now. Very worrying.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Woodman, Tavernier (Manquillo), Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis, Shelvey, S.Longstaff*, Saint-Maximin (Fraser), Almada (Hendrick), Lainez, Wilson

A much needed victory as Sean Longstaff rescued us with a late winner. Jonjo Shelvey came back into the side and set up both of our goals so I was happy with that.

--

SUMMARY

This was a very tough month. Fixture wise it was a nightmare as we faced Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool so to come out of it with just 1 defeat is pleasing however we only won 2 matches so that was disappointing. Our best result was the 3-0 victory over Chelsea at the start of the month and by far and away that was our best performance and we end the month in 6th place so I am happy with that.

I have a decision to make in goal as Martin Dubravka has returned to fitness after his long term injury. Freddie Woodman has been immense in goal but Dubravka is the better keeper. Something I have to keep an eye on. Go with the future or with the current quality?

As for the takeover - both deals collapsed!!! It is fair to say that I am not the least bit surprised at this news. One didnt agree on the value of the club and the other couldnt provide sufficient funds. Calling all tycoons!!!! lol.

In Premier League news Spurs sacked Michael O'Neill (shock) and moved to replace him with Marcelo Bielsa. Why they didnt just appoint him in the first place is beyond me!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FREDDIE WOODMAN
woodman.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
dec.png

1624210830042.png

JANUARY

west ham.png

Lineup
- Woodman, Tavernier, Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis (Willems), Shelvey, S.Longstaff, Fraser (Lainez), Almada, Saint-Maximin, Wilson (Badji)

Pathetic!!!!

West Ham are above us in the table and they showed why here as they easily beat us thanks to one of my summer transfer targets, Joshua King, scoring a hat-trick. We were well beaten and Sean Longstaff's wonder goal was in vain. 2 wins in 9.

--

FA Cup 3rd Round
boro.png

Lineup
- Woodman, Manquillo, Schar, Dummett, Willems (Watts), Hayden, M.Longstaff, Murphy, Almada, Lainez (Popescu), Badji (Wilson*)

For more than an hour we were shocking and lucky to be level. Sure I played a weakened side but I expect better. In the end Callum Wilson came off the bench to score twice to take us through.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Tavernier (Manquillo), Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis (Willems), M.Longstaff (Almiron), S.Longstaff, Fraser, Almada, Saint-Maximin, Wilson*

Callum Wilson's late goal gives us a much deserved victory here. We went into half-time a goal down but we soon levelled when both my CBs combined to score and although we had a goal disallowed we still managed to get the winner when Wilson walked the ball into the net after a defensive mix up.

Martin Dubravka returned from injury here in goal.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis (Willems), Shelvey, S.Longstaff, Fraser (Lainez), Almada (Almiron), Saint-Maximin, Wilson*

A fantastic performance and result as we trounce Wolves. Callum Wilson scored a great hat-trick while Sean Longstaff put in another stellar performance and he has now scored 3 goals in his last 4 league games. Wolves sacked their manager immediately after this result.

--

FA Cup 4th Round
5-1.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Lejeune (Dummett), Lewis, Shelvey, S.Longstaff, Fraser (Hendrick), Almada (Almiron), Saint-Maximin, Wilson*

Back to back 5-1 victories!!!!!

Another superb performance and not only is it back to back 5-1 wins but it is also back to back hat-tricks for Callum Wilson. We put Brighton to the sword here and played them off the park as Wilson and Saint-Maximin ran riot.

--

everton.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Tavernier (Manquillo), Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis, Shelvey, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Fraser, Almiron, Saint-Maximin, Wilson (Badji)

Very disappointing. We deserved at least a draw but we lose to a struggling Everton side. We have just drawn them in the FA Cup so I hope to get revenge then!

--

watford.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Manquillo, Lascelles, Lejeune, Lewis, Shelvey, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin*, Almiron (Vilca), Lainez, Wilson (Badji)

A comfortable victory. Wilson and Lejeune put us 2 ahead and Lainez struck twice to put the game beyond doubt. He is a player who I would have liked to have started more as I spent big on him but the circumstances havent arisen so far.

--

SUMMARY

We had our ups and downs this month as we had some terrific convincing victories but we also had some very poor defeats. None more so than the first game of the month as West Ham comfortably beat us 3-1 in the league however we bounced back to defeat Brighton narrowly before thumping Wolves 5-1. Everton beat us disappointingly but we ended the month with a fine 4-1 win over Watford and we end the month in 7th place with a game in hand.

In the FA Cup we struggled to beat Middlesbrough but against Brighton we blew them away with our 2nd successive 5-1 victory and we will play Everton in the next round.

There is some transfer news! On deadline day Marseille came out of nowhere to bid an initial £14.75m (rising to £18.5m) for Florian Lejeune. I was planning on selling him in the summer so I jumped at the chance to get that sort of cash in and off he goes back to his native country. Now I had to replace him.........

In comes Abdou Diallo from PSG for a bargain £4.8m. He is on a hefty wage but we got him on the cheap and surely we will make a huge profit on him if we move him on. He will partner Lascelles in defence and I expect him to impress.
diallo.png

Leeds appointed Sean Dyche as their new manager which is a huge shift in philosophy and Watford sacked their manager so those 2 clubs plus Wolves are looking for new managers.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CALLUM WILSON
wilson.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
jan.png

1624218053890.png

FEBRUARY

man utd.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, Shelvey (Hayden), S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin, Almada, Lainez (Murphy), Wilson

Abdou Diallo had a torrid debut here and ultimately his defensive mistakes cost us as we deserved to get at least a point here. Lessons to be learned for sure.

--

spurs.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Manquillo, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis (Willems), Shelvey, S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin (Murphy), Almiron (Almada), Lainez, Wilson*

Spurs stay in the relegation zone as we put 6 past them despite going 2-0 down. Callum Wilson grabbed his 4th hat-trick of the season which was superb while Jacob Murphy came off the bench to score for the 2nd successive game running but it was Javier Manquillo scoring which really blew my mind!

--

FA Cup 5th Round
4-0.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Diallo (Schar), Lewis, Shelvey, S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin (Murphy), Almiron (Almada), Lainez*, Wilson

We gain revenge on Everton after our recent league defeat by easily beating them here 4-0 thanks to a fantastic hat-trick from Diego Lainez. Everton sacked their manager just before the game so that played into our hands.

--

villa.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, Shelvey (Hayden), S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin (Murphy), Almiron, Lainez, Wilson (Badji)

I hate Aston Villa so I am ****** off with this score especially since we lost in the last minute. We deserved to get at least a point here so it is inexplicable that we didnt get at least a point here.

--

3-3.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis (Willems), Shelvey (Hayden), S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin, Almiron (Almada), Lainez, Wilson

**** RIGHT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am absolutely raging with this result as we threw away a 3-1 lead with just 4min remaining. We now have just 2 wins in 6 in the league and our inconsistency is really beginning to harm us.

--

SUMMARY

Mixed emotions this month. In the league we were harshly beaten at home by Man Utd but bounced back by coming back from 2-0 down to humiliate Spurs 6-3 to keep them in the relegation zone which is just crazy. We then infuriatingly lost to Aston Villa thanks to a last minute goal but that pales into significance when we then threw away a 3-1 lead with just 4min to go to draw with Leicester to leave us 7th in the league. Next month will be key as we have some kind fixtures to get a bit of momentum but if we fall short things could get ugly.

In the FA Cup we easily beat Everton and that sets us up with a very favourable tie in the quarter-finals against League 1 side Ipswich so I expect us to reach the semis.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DIEGO LAINEZ
lainez.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
FEB.png

1624225067344.png

MARCH

norwich.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, Shelvey, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin (Fraser), Almiron (Almada), Lainez*, Wilson

Diego Lainez continues his great of form as he notched another 2 goals here and Callum Wilson also scored twice to take his tally up to 30 for the season. Lainez is playing so well at the minute that I cant bring Ryan Fraser back into the side.

--

palace.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis (Willems), Shelvey, S.Longstaff (M.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin*, Almiron (Almada), Lainez, Wilson

Lainez strikes again as we edge out Crystal Palace here to move up to 5th place in the table albeit temporarily - well unless West Ham lose that is.

--

burnley.png

Lineup - Dubravka*, Tavernier, Lascelles, Diallo, Willems (Dummett), Shelvey (Hayden), S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin, Almiron (Almada), Lainez, Badji

Lainez is at it again as he scored the only goal of the game to give us the win. Before the match Callum Wilson got injured and will be out for about a month so Youssouph Badji will get a few starts and he did ok here.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Diallo, Willems, Shelvey, S.Longstaff, Murphy (Vilca), Almiron (Almada), Fraser (Saint-Maximin), Badji

I am gutted. We had a weakened side out there and were seconds away from getting a draw but they scored twice in the last minute and stoppage time to get the win. Sure they deserved it but this defeat is particularly tough to take.

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final
ipswich.png

Lineup
- Woodman*, Manquillo (Hendrick), Dummett, Schar, Willems (Vilca), Hayden (Anderson), M.Longstaff, Murphy, Almada (Popescu), Fraser, Badji

By god we got lucky here. We were awful and a last minute goal from Ryan Fraser took the game into extra-time. We couldnt find the winner but fortunately we kept our nerve in the penalty shoot-out to send us through but I expected a much easier game.

--

SUMMARY

We had a better month here as we won our first 3 games to propel us up the league but then we really struggled as we conceded 2 goals in the last few minutes to lose to Chelsea and then in the FA Cup quarter final we tried our best to lose to League 1 Ipswich as we scored a last minute equaliser and then managed to beat them on penalties.

We are looking good in the league in 6th place and in the FA Cup we will play Southampton so a final is definitely within our sights and I will be gutted if we dont reach the final.

The youth intake was average but this kid certainly caught my eye...
panagiotu.png

Now for manager moves..........

Philip Cocu replaces Dyche at Burnley, Chelsea have sacked Tuchel despite beating us, Paco Jemez is the new Watford manager while Paulo Fonseca rocks up at Wolves. Ramon Diaz is the new Everton manager.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DIEGO LAINEZ
diego.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
MAR.png

1624300954859.png

APRIL

brentford.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Tavernier*, Lascelles (Schar), Diallo, Lewis, Shelvey, S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin, Almiron (Almada), Lainez (Fraser), Badji

This was a thrilling encounter and fortunately we came out on top of this 7 goal thriller. Saint-Maximin was on fire with 2 goals but James Tavernier got the MOM award as he got 1 goal and 2 assists. Diallo headed in the winner for his first goal for us.

--

pool.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles*, Diallo, Lewis, Shelvey (M.Longstaff), S.Longstaff (Hayden), Saint-Maximin (Fraser), Almada, Lainez, Badji

Magnificent. We beat Liverpool to move within 3pts of them and somehow keep the dream alive of a Champions League spot. We fell behind to a comical goal but bounced back when Badji headed us level. Diego Lainez then had us in front and Ryan Fraser wrapped it up with a fine strike. Liverpool deserved a draw tbh but we were ruthless in front of goal.

--

FA Cup Semi-Final
semi.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Tavernier (Manquillo), Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, Shelvey (M.Longstaff), S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin*, Almiron, Lainez (Fraser), Badji

WHAT A COMEBACK!!!!!

We reach the FA Cup final and it is all down to Allan Saint-Maximin. We were 2-0 down but dominating the game and he struck twice in 5min to haul us level. Into extra-time we went and ASM produced the bit of magic to find Ryan Fraser at the back post to get the winner.

Liverpool will be our opponents in the final.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Diallo*, Lewis, Shelvey, S.Longstaff (Hayden), Saint-Maximin (Murphy), Almada, Lainez (Fraser), Badji

ABDOU DIALLO!!!!!!

My big CB scored an incredible hat-trick as we smash title chasing Arsenal. We were well worth the victory and gained revenge for our 2 defeats against them earlier in the season.

--

SUMMARY

What a month this was!!! It was a perfect month as we won all 4 fixtures and reached the FA Cup final to boot! It wasnt just the results but also the way we played and the convincing manner of our performances against Liverpool and Arsenal.

We edged out Brentford in a 7 goal thriller before beating Liverpool 3-1 and then we went into the semis of the FA Cup and came back from 2-0 down to beat Southampton in extra-time to book our place in the FA Cup final - our first since 1999! We returned to league action by thumping Arsenal 4-1 with a miraculous hat-trick from Abdou Diallo being the highlight.

We have pretty much secured European football for next season and have an outside chance of a Champions League spot but tbh our focus now is on the FA Cup final.

There is takeover news as a business tycoon is in talks with buying the club however the latest news just before I post this is that talks have stalled due to the finances which doesnt make sense if the potential new owner is a tycoon!

In other news Arsenal won the Carabao Cup while Chelsea have appointed Zinedine Zidane as their new manager.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ABDOU DIALLO
abdou.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
APR.png

1624309256563.png

MAY

leeds.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis (Manquillo), Shelvey (Hayden), S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin, Almiron, Lainez, Wilson (Badji)

Our 4th win in a row and the 3rd time that we have scored 4 goals in that run. We were 2-0 up and cruising but inexplicably let Leeds come back to 2-2 and they also then had a goal disallowed. Thankfully we managed to get another 2 goals late on but even then we conceded another and they had a great chance to level in stoppage time.

--

man city.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Tavernier, Lascelles, Diallo (Schar), Lewis (Willems), Shelvey, S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin, Almiron, Lainez (Fraser), Wilson

Ouch!!! We get brought back down to earth here with a large bump as Man City thrash us. We took the lead early on but alas that was as good as it got as Man City played us off the park from then on.

--

1-0.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Tavernier (Manquillo), Lascelles, Diallo*, Lewis, Shelvey, S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin (Fraser), Almiron (Almada), Lainez, Wilson

We bounce back with victory here thanks to another goal from Diego Lainez. My young Mexican winger has proved to be a revelation so far this season and this was his 15th goal of the season! James Tavernier went off injured here and agonisingly will miss the FA Cup final.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Manquillo, Lascelles, Diallo, Willems (Dummett), Hayden, M.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin, Almiron (Hendrick), Fraser (Popescu), Wilson*

I am delighted with this victory as I rested a few players for the FA Cup final so to win so handsomely is extremely pleasing. Matty Longstaff scored his 1st of the season which was nice to see but they had 2 goals disallowed which showed that we could have had yet another 4-3 match!!!

--

FA Cup Final
liverpool.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Manquillo, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, M.Longstaff (Hayden), S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin, Almiron (Almada), Lainez (Fraser), Wilson*

WE WIN THE FA CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now before I wax lyrical about us breaking the 52 year drought of not winning a major trophy I have to say that Liverpool took the **** here and fielded a backup side. There was no Salah, Alexander-Arnold, Thiago, Robertson, Fabinho, Gomez or Firmino in the matchday squad!

We still had to beat them though and Callum Wilson had a dream day as he scored a marvellous hat-trick. His 2nd was gifted to him as Alisson lost the ball to him 30 yards out and he put it into an empty net. Saint-Maximin got the other goal and he also had a goal disallowed.

I dropped Jonjo Shelvey for the final as his form has been awful again so I went with the Longstaff brothers in central midfield.

I really dont get why Liverpool played their backups as with 2 games to go they are 4pts ahead of us so it was a bit pointless in resting players.

--

4-3.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Manquillo, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis (Willems), M.Longstaff, S.Longstaff (Hayden), Saint-Maximin, Almada, Lainez, Badji

We love to score 4 goals in a game and we love a 4-3 victory! We were 4-0 up and cruising but we let Wolves back in it as we conceded 3 goals in the last 14min which is not on. This win secures 5th place - we cant drop a place or gain a place.

--

11111.png

Lineup
- Dubravka, Manquillo, Lascelles, Diallo, Lewis, M.Longstaff, S.Longstaff (Anderson), Saint-Maximin, Almada, Fraser, Badji

What the **** is going on with all these 4-3 victories?? ****** crazy!!!!! Matty Longstaff scored again for the 3rd time running in the league.

--

SUMMARY

A boring end to the season!!!! lol

We had 7 games during the month and we scored 4 goals in the match 5 times amazingly. In the league we secured 5th place as we won 5 out of our 6 games which continued our strong form. We actually ended the season with 8 wins out of 9 and 11 out of 13 which is pretty incredible tbh.

The highlight of the month though was our victory over Liverpool in the FA Cup final as we beat them 4-2 but I must admit that the fact that they played a backup side really took the gloss out of our victory.

Surprise, surprise - the takeover collapsed. Mike Ashley has survived another year.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MATTY LONGSTAFF
MATTY.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
TABLE.png

1624379793556.png

END OF SEASON POST

Not a bad first season!!! We managed to finish 5th in the league, narrowly missing out on a Champions League spot although we were never really in the top 4 all season. We were the top scorers in the league with 91 goals but defensively we need to work on things as 4 4-3 wins and 1 6-3 win shows!!!

We won the FA Cup by beating a weakened Liverpool team in the final 4-2 to end our long wait for a trophy but in the Carabao Cup we lost to Arsenal in the quarter-finals.

We played well throughout the season though and have set up a good platform for the future. I will have a lot of work to do in the summer but with an initial budget of £55m and a load of players to sell I should be able to strengthen the squad accordingly to take us up a level. Tbh the only players who are safe are Badji, Lainez, Wilson, ASM, the Longstaff brothers, Woodman and Tavernier for various reasons.

I am still waiting on someone to buy the club off of Mike Ashley. Apparently he is still looking to leave but 4 interested parties couldnt get the deal over the line during the season so maybe it will be 5th time lucky.

--

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE

TABLE.png

Spurs survive relegation on the last day of the season after beating Watford to send them down while Everton unbelievably are going down to the Championship!!!! Arsenal, despite winning their first 14 games and looked like running away with it chucked it away and Man Utd won the league instead.

--

SQUAD
squad.png
squad2.png

Goalkeepers
- Freddie Woodman started the season and managed to get in 22 appearances before Martin Dubravka returned to full fitness and he only played 3 games more tbh but both did very well and I imagine that there will be no movement on that front in the summer.

Defenders - James Tavernier was brought in in the summer and he had a fine season at RB but unfortunately for him he missed the FA Cup final so Javi Manquillo took his place. On the left hand side Jamal Lewis had the jersey and he was ok although I had hoped that Jetro Willems would push him a bit harder but he struggled to stay fit.

In the middle I did start the season with the Lascelles-Lejeune partnership but that was broken in January when Marseille signed the Frenchman so I went and bought Abdou Diallo and he played the 2nd half of the season and even scored a hat-trick against Arsenal!!

Midfielders - We really struggled in the central area this season. Shelvey was pathetic, Sean Longstaff was ok and his brother, Matty, came onto a game towards the end of the season and Isaac Hayden tried his best but I was never really happy with things there.

At AMC Miguel Almiron was disappointing as he only scored 4 goals and he needs to improve and his backup, Thiago Almada, did very well when given a chance and actually had more goal involvements than Miggy.

Allan Saint-Maximin was a beast on either wing. He started the season on the left and ended up on the right and he scored 22 goals and got 13 assists so I was delighted with his contribution. Ryan Fraser started the season on the RW but he was disappointing however when I threw Diego Lainez into the side we kicked on a gear and he scored 16 times as he won the young player of the year award.

Forwards - Callum Wilson was immense. He was the top scorer in the league with 26 goals and ended up with 36 in total and that is despite missing a month of the season due to injury. Youssouph Badji was brought in from Brugge and the teenager had a slow start but overall he did well.

My Player of the Season - Callum Wilson
My Young Player of the Season - Diego Lainez
Must Improve - Miguel Almiron
Donkey of the Season - Jonjo Shelvey

--

SUMMER PLANS

Buy buy buy and sell sell sell!!!! I am going into the summer with an open mind regarding 90% of the players in my squad and tbh it all depends on who I manage to bring in. I may need to bring in some cheap younger players who can help us with our campaign in the Europa League.​

1624394824113.png

PRE-SEASON

Well I bought bought bought and sold sold sold!!!! lol. Tbh I am not done yet as I think there will be 2 more departures and 2 more incomings but I am happy with how things have gone so far in the transfer window.

In all so far I have spent £91m and raked in just over half that amount but I have broken the clubs transfer record so Joelinton can be erased from everyone's memories! As I type this I have just realised that I have signed 4 players from 1 club!!!!!!

There is still no takeover news unfortunately so the fat cockney ******* is still in charge (sorry boss!) lol.

--

PLAYERS OUT

I mentioned Joelinton and unsurprisingly he is gone. He did well on loan at Brentford to be fair but they didnt want to sign him for £5m which was just as well as Watford were willing to pay £7.5m for him!

Paul Dummett (Cardiff - £3.5m), Fabian Schar (Norwich £8.75m) and Javi Manquillo (Mainz £9.25m) formed a cull of my defensive unit and one more could still leave. All were backup players and I moved to strengthen the quality of my backups so it was time to cash in.

Somehow I got a deal that could be worth up to £10.5m from Jeonbuk for Jeff Hendrick - laughing all the way to the bank there!!!!!

Jonjo Shelvey is also off to the far east as he signed for Shanghai Shenhua for £12.5m, Jacob Murphy joined Stoke for £1.4m and Mark Gillespie joined Aberdeen for pennies and at the moment that is it but as I say - 2 more could go.

--

PLAYERS IN

Straight onto my new club record signing. I spent £50m on Max Aarons from Norwich City which is a bit steep, especially since James Tavernier did well for me last season, but Aarons is a cut above and I am delighted to bring him here.
aarons.png

Now to the 4 players I signed from the same club and that club is Real Madrid so it is not a bad calibre of player that I am bringing in. To be honest I have never heard of 3 of them and they all came in on a free transfer and will be squad players so its no biggie.

Dani Ceballos however is one that I knew about beforehand obviously and I paid £11.5m for him to join. He is far better than any of my other CMs so it was a no brainer to bring him in.

As for the others Mario Gila is a 20y/o CB, Antonio Blanco is a 21y/o CM and Cedar Gelabert is a 20y/o versatile attacking midfielder. To get 3 players valued at over £50m on free transfers is not bad and while I had originally planned to loan them out I thought I might as well keep them!
ceballos.png
gila.png
blanco.png
gelabert.png

I needed another CB and after losing out to PSG for Ben Godfrey I went to sign a player that I have never heard of before. Abdul Mumin came in from Vitoria Guimaraes for £13m and he will compete for the spot at CB. He looks like a quality player and he was cheap as chips so its all good.
mumin.png

I raided the Championship for my other 2 first team signings. I paid Reading £10m to bring in Michael Olise from Reading and then £5.75m to bring Adam Armstrong back to the club from Blackburn.

Olise came to my attention in my Red Star Belgarde save so I know how good he can be although he broke his leg just after signing so that was a big blow but he is still a teenager so it shouldnt affect him too much. As for Armstrong due to a clause when he left the club we actually received £500k of the transfer fee back due to a sell on clause. With us being in the Europa League I felt that we needed a 3rd striker in the squad so I made the move to bring him in and he is a home grown player by the club to boot so that will be my 4th one that is required alongside the Longstaff brothers and Freddie Woodman.
mulise.png

armstrong.png

My other couple of signings were all youngsters for the U23 squad including Dean Campbell from Aberdeen.

--

SEASON AIMS/SQUAD

I would like to win another trophy this season having won the FA Cup last season so that is the ultimate aim. In the league we should be aiming for the Champions League but we shall see and in the Europa League I dont see why we cant have a serious go at it and after all if we did manage to win it it would guarantee us Champions League football.

As for the squad I am not done yet. Naturally Aarons will come in at RB, Ceballos at CM and that is the 2 definite changes. I will have to decide between Mumin and Lascelles for CB but really it is my backup players that have changed.​

It‘s a pitty that you signed nearly a complete new team. But it‘s not about me it‘s about you. Good luck

It‘s a pitty that you signed nearly a complete new team. But it‘s not about me it‘s about you. Good luck

Not really. For the starting XI I have a new RB, CM and possible new CB. Everyone else is the same. Most of my signings are backups tbh

Not really. For the starting XI I have a new RB, CM and possible new CB. Everyone else is the same. Most of my signings are backups tbh
so what the heck is even happen to everton and why everton got relegated to championship

1624479445721.png

VIDEO LINK - Leeds 3-4 Newcastle - 2001

AUGUST

FA Community Shield
com.png

Lineup
- Dubravka*, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, M.Longstaff, S.Longstaff, Saint-Maximin (Gelabert), Almiron (Almada), Fraser (Armstrong), Wilson

This was a cruel game. We came back from behind to level things twice but alas we lost it in the last minute. I decided to put Matty Longstaff into the starting lineup as he scored in our last 3 games of last season and he scored again!

--

villa.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, M.Longstaff*, Ceballos (S.Longstaff), Saint-Maximin (Fraser), Almiron (Almada), Lainez, Wilson

Matty Longstaff is at it again!!! This time he scored from a free-kick as we raced into a 3-1 lead after just 15min but we couldnt score any more goals which was a tad disappointing.

--

leeds.png

Lineup - Dubravka*, Aarons, Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, M.Longstaff, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin, Almiron (Almada), Lainez (Fraser), Wilson (Badji)

Meh. Not sure how to judge this match. On one hand we created the most chances but on the other my keeper got the MOM award! Dani Ceballos' assist for our goal was amazing. If he plays quality passes like that regularly this season we are going to be on fire!

--

fulham.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons (Tavernier), Mumin, Diallo, Lewis (Lascelles), M.Longstaff, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin*, Almiron, Lainez (Fraser), Wilson

We were back in amongst the goals here as we netted 4 and had a goal disallowed also through ASM. It seems that my aims to strengthen the defense in the summer hasnt really worked as Fulham scored with both of their only shots on goal!

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Dubravka, Aarons (Tavernier), Mumin, Diallo, Lewis, M.Longstaff, Ceballos, Saint-Maximin*, Almiron (Almada), Lainez (Fraser), Wilson

An excellent victory as we get a great result away to Arsenal. Allan Saint-Maximin was excellent again with 2 great goals and he was unplayable in truth.

--

SUMMARY

We kicked off the season with a defeat in the Community Shield against Man Utd as they scored a last minute goal to defeat us but we have had a decent start to our league campaign.

We beat Aston Villa 3-2 on the opening day of the season as we scored all 3 of our goals in the first 15min and although we followed that up with a draw away to Leeds we then went on to beat Fulham 4-2 and Arsenal 3-1 so I am delighted with how things have started.

I predicted 2 outgoings and 2 incomings and that is kinda right as it was actually 3 incomings! Out goes Isaac Hayden to Sheffield United in a £15m deal and Jetro Willems to Dinamo Moscow for £14.5m. Both were backups but with Willems I wanted to add another English player and for Hayden I replaced him with a player that my scouts insisted that I sign but I am already regretting it!

Willems replacement is Tyrick Mitchell from Crystal Palace for £5m. To get a 21y/o English LB who is Premier League quality for such a bargain fee was a deal that I couldnt turn down so it forced my had to try and move Willems on. He will compete with Jamal Lewis for the LB spot.
mitchell.png

Hayden's replacement is Lewis Cook who I brought in from Bournemouth for £15m. My scouts were all over him, he was rated at 93 I think and with him being a young English player I thought that it was a good move and he will challenge the Longstaff brothers for the CM spot alongside Ceballos. Then I regretted it immediately as the very next day I was told that I could get Sandro Tonali for £6m!!!!! The transfer deadline is over but I am sorely tempted to bring Tonali in anyway but I havent bitten yet. Crazy I know. I could sign him, loan him out and sell him for 10 times the amount!!! Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywho here is Lewis Cook....
cook.png

My last signing was pinched off Athletic Bilbao as Nico Serrano signed for £1.8m. He is still a teenager and I needed another winger for the first team squad but in reality he is one for the future. He thinks he is going to be a regular starter - that wont last long lol.
serrano.png

In the Europa League we have drawn against Roma, CSKA Sofia and Braga. I will use my backups as much as I can in the group stage as I think we should have enough to get through. This will be the stage where my new Spanish signings, the Longstaff brothers etc will shine.
1624481088849.png
1624481113579.png
1624481135528.png
1624481160618.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALLAN SAINT-MAXIMIN
ASM.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
aug.png

so what the heck is even happen to everton and why everton got relegated to championship

I can only put it down to them starting the save without a manager (like Spurs) and just struggling. Spurs just survived by the skin of their teeth also