One City, One Club, One Love - A Newcastle United Story

What I do is take a screenshot which I think is alt+f9 then I click on select image on my post, find the picture in screenshots and upload it. If it doesn’t work just post it and then edit the post and you can select your screenshot again. Don’t know why it doesn’t work sometimes

How can you possibly manage to get a Champions League draw like that ?? Got to be the worst Group of Death ever !

What I do is take a screenshot which I think is alt+f9 then I click on select image on my post, find the picture in screenshots and upload it. If it doesn’t work just post it and then edit the post and you can select your screenshot again. Don’t know why it doesn’t work sometimes

Cheers buddy, I think I have sussed it out now hopefully

Just caught up after Christmas and good to see things going so well. Some of those games last season looked like a return of the Entertainer days! KIU

th

SEPTEMBER

v
Stoke City 2 (Sobhi 17, 51)
Newcastle United 5 (Wober og16, Ritchie 32pen, Pellegri 42, Murphy 62, Lanzini 72)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin (Mbemba), Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino (Shelvey), Ritchie (Xadas), Lanzini*, Murphy, Pellegri

A very impressive away victory as we score 5 goals away form home and continue our 100% start to the season in the league.

--

UEFA Champions League Group G
v
Paris Saint-Germain 4 (Torreira 10, Neymar 14, Dybala 45, 73)
Newcastle United 1 (Dembele 89)

Lineup - Horn, Mbemba, Jedvaj, Mere, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino, Ritchie (Xadas), Wilshere (Lundemo), Murphy (Atsu), Dembele

A disappointing result as we got a hiding here - not helped when Timo Horn went walkies with the ball up to the half way line before falling over and gifting them their 3rd goal.

--

v
Newcastle United 2 (Atsu 40, Pellegri 64)
Southampton 0

Lineup - Horn, Mbemba, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney (Dummett), Tielemans (Wilshere), Merino (Shelvey), Ritchie, Lanzini, Atsu*, Pellegri

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
v
th

Newcastle United 2 (Dembele 3, 50)
Rochdale 0

Lineup - Horn, Sandberg, Mbemba, Mere, Dummett (Whelan), Shelvey, Lundemo, Xadas (Soumare), Wilshere*, R.Sessegnon, Dembele

Our defence of the Carabao Cup gets underway here and it was an easy win. I would have liked to have scored a few more goals but hey ho.

--
v
Arsenal 4 (Xhaka 30, Belotti 33, Lozano 40, Lacazette 82)
Newcastle United 2 (Lanzini 42, Dembele 79)

Lineup - Horn, Mbemba, Jedvaj (Mere), Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino, Ritchie, Lanzini, Atsu (Soumare), Pellegri (Dembele)

Our first half performance was diabolical and cost us big time here. Jedvaj made a horrendous mistake for their opener.

--

SUMMARY

A mixed month I suppose. We won 2 out of our 3 league games, progressed in the Carabao Cup and got thumped by PSG. What is worrying is the fixtures we have next month as posted earlier.........

Dembele and Pellegri are having a right battle up top. So much so I am even pondering playing 2 up front as they both seem to score when picked! Dembele has 10 goals in 6 apps this season and Pellegri has 3 in 5 apps.

We will play Burnley in the next round of the Carabao Cup.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MOUSSA DEMBELE
View attachment 72438
--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 72437

th

OCTOBER

v
50058.png

Newcastle United 3 (Ritchie 12, Atsu 62, Wilshere 90)
AC Milan 1 (Kessie 49)

Lineup - Horn, Mbemba, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino (Shelvey), Ritchie*, Wilshere, Atsu, Pellegri (Soumare)

A fantastic victory, Tbh apart from Donnarumma and Bonucci they don't have any world class players and we put them to the sword here. Ritchie was immense as he scored one and assisted the other two.

--

v

Manchester City 2 (Bernardo Silva 32, Aguero 90pen)

Newcastle United 0

Lineup - Horn, Mbemba, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino, Ritchie, Lanzini (Wilshere), Atsu (Xadas), Dembele (Pellegri)

Our nightmare run of fixtures continue and we suffer our 2nd league defeat in a row here but I have no complaints as we were rubbish. Lanzini picked up an injury and will be out for a few weeks.

--

v
Newcastle United 4 (Pellegri 7, 20, Jedvaj 55, Yedlin 90)
Tottenham Hotspur 3 (Rog 12, Alli 22, 77)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney (Dummett), Tielemans, Merino, Ritchie (Murphy), Wilshere, Atsu (Xadas), Pellegri

What a thriller of a match!!! It was a case of after you Claude as we scored and they pegged us back 3 times before Yedlin struck in stoppage time to give us a much needed victory.

--

v
50051.png

Newcastle United 2 (Wilshere 14, Pellegri 75)
Real Madrid 3 (Ronaldo 30, 40, Zivkovic 66)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney (Dummett), Tielemans, Merino (Shelvey), Ritchie (Murphy), Wilshere, Atsu, Pellegri*

A tough match. We maybe should have got a draw but it was not to be. Zidane was talking up Pellegri beforehand and he responded with a MoM performance.

--

v

Manchester United 1 (Kane 5)
Newcastle United 1 (Pellegri 24)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans (Shelvey), Merino, Ritchie (Murphy), Wilshire (Xadas), Atsu, Pellegri

A magnificent result. We battled hard and fully deserved our draw. I must admit with 15min to go I went defensive and wasted time.

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
v
Burnley 1 (Brady 13)

Newcastle United 2 (Dembele 33, Shelvey 84)

Lineup - Horn, Sandberg (R.Sessegnon), Mbemba, Lascelles, Dummett (Jedvaj), Shelvey*, Lundemo, Murphy, Wilshere, Xadas (Soumare), Dembele

I am very happy with our progress here as I took a risk and played a weakened side. Despite falling behind Dembele levelled and Shelvey scored from the edge of the area late on to give us the victory.

--

SUMMARY

The impossible month lol. To be fair we did pretty well as we only lost 2 games - 1 in the league to Man City and 1 in Europe to Real Madrid. We got 2 great victories against AC Milan and Spurs plus a decent one in the cup against Burnley and we also battled to a fantastic draw away to Man Utd.

The results leave us 4th in the league - a few points behind leaders Chelsea - but if we can get a run of wins going which is entirely possible given our recent awful run of fixtures then a title challenge may yet not be beyond us.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PIETRO PELLEGRI
View attachment 71937

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 71936

<font color="#000000"><font size="4"><span style="font-family: book antiqua"><font size="5"><u><strong>[video=youtube;u8iKJpW2dz4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8iKJpW2dz4[/video]

NOVEMBER

v
Newcastle United 5 (Merino 24, 27, Atsu 37, Ritchie 43, Pellegri 85)
Liverpool 2 (Sturridge 1, Firmino 45pen)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney (R.Sessegnon), Tielemans, Merino*, Ritchie, Lanzini (Wilshere), Atsu, Pellegri

Magnificent!!! We fell behind in the 1st minute but after that we destroyed Liverpool. Merino grabbed a double in a fantastic performance while Pellegri's goal was a fantastic header.

--

50051.png
v

Real Madrid 3 (Kovacic 1, Benzema 75, Vinicius Junior 76)
Newcastle United 1 (Murphy 72)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino (Wilshere), Ritchie (Murphy), Lanzini, Atsu, Dembele (Pellegri)

For a while I thought we were going to gain an unlikely point but it was not to be as Real deservedly got the winning goals. Horn saved an Embolo penalty so it could have been worse. This result pretty much makes 3rd place our best possible finish.

--

v

Preston North End 1 (Ounas 51)
Newcastle United 3 (Ritchie 35, 48, Dembele 90)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles (Mbemba), Tierney, Tielemans (Shelvey), Merino, Ritchie*, Lanzini, Atsu, Pellegri (Dembele)

--

v
Newcastle United 4 (Atsu 57, Dembele 63, 69, Merino 76)
West Ham United 1 (Obiang 51)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin (Mbemba), Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino*, Ritchie (Murphy), Lanzini, Atsu, Dembele

Another convincing victory in the league. Dembele had a 1st half goal disallowed and when we fell behind I thought it was going to be one of those days but we battered them from then on and smashed 4 goals in.

--

v
Newcastle United 4 (Murphy 3, Tete og33, og67, Dembele 82)
Paris Saint-Germain 0

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj*, Lascelles, Dummett, (R.Sessegnon) Shelvey, Merino, Murphy, Lanzini (Xadas), Atsu, Pellegri (Dembele)

HOLD THE BACK PAGE!!!! We were immense here and absolutely embarrassed PSG who had won 4 out of 4. Mixed news from the other game as AC Milan picked up their 1st win to keep within 2pts of us but on the other hand we are 1pt behind Real with 1 game to go v Milan.

--

SUMMARY

We were immense this month. We won 4 out of 5 games and were very impressive. In the league we won all our games putting an incredible 5 past Liverpool, 4 past West Ham and just a measly 3 past Preston lol.

In Europe we lost to Real Madrid but thrashed PSG 4-0 to leave the entire group in the balance.....
View attachment 71814

In other news I finally signed a new contract until 2023 while Pietro Pellegri won his first cap and scored his first goal for Italy plus signed a massive contract extension as did Christian Atsu.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MIKEL MERINO
View attachment 71813

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 71812

Last edited:
th

DECEMBER

v

Chelsea 1 (Zouma 40)

Newcastle United 0

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino (Wilshere), Ritchie, Lanzini (Wilshere), Atsu, Dembele (Pellegri)

This defeat puts Chelsea 7pts clear of us. It was a boring game and their scrappy goal won it for them.

--

v
Newcastle United 2 (Pellegri 25, Xadas 85)
Bournemouth 0

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino, Ritchie (Murphy), Lanzini, Atsu (Xadas), Pellegri*

A very rare and very welcome clean sheet in the league here.

--

50058.png
v

AC Milan 1 (Duncan 79)

Newcastle United 3 (Dembele 20pen, 44, Atsu 45)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj (Mbemba), Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino, Ritchie (Murphy), Lanzini (Xadas), Atsu, Dembele*

An amazing result and one that gives us qualification into the next round as PSG beat Real Madrid 3-0 which means we finish 2nd 2pts above Madrid!

--

v

Burnley 1 (Vokes 19)

Newcastle United 2 (R.Sessegnon 5, Ritchie 77)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj (Mere), Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans (Shelvey), Merino, Ritchie, Lanzini, R.Sessegnon*, Pellegri (Dembele)

It was important to get back to winning ways here and we did so but it wasnt easy. Even when they had Defour sent-off with 10min left they could have equalised.
--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
v
Watford 0

Newcastle United 2 (Dembele 6pen, 13)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin (Sandberg), Mbemba, Mere, Dummett, Shelvey, Wilshere, Murphy (Lundemo), Xadas, R.Sessegnon (Soumare), Dembele*

We weren't great here and were lucky to win if the truth is to be told but I don't care lol.

--

v

Leicester City 1 (Vardy 82)

Newcastle United 2 (Dembele 38pen, Atsu 40)

Lineup - Horn (Woodman), Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino, Ritchie (Murphy), Lanzini, Atsu, Dembele (Pellegri)

Another tough match and a very pleasing victory. Timo Horn went off injured in the 1st half so Freddie Woodman came in and actually made a howler for there goal. He will get a few games in the first team now though as Horn is out for a month.

--

v
Newcastle United 3 (Lanzini 8, Murphy 46, 67)
Everton 1 (Coco 69)

Lineup - Woodman, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney (Dummett), Tielemans, Merino, Ritchie (Wilshere), Lanzini*, Murphy, Dembele (Pellegri)

4 wins in a row in the league now. Lanzini hasn't been scoring as much this season so it was nice to see him get one here.

--

v

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

Newcastle United 1 (Pellegri 12)

Lineup - Woodman, Yedlin*, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Shelvey (Lundemo), Wilshere, Ritchie, Lanzini (Xadas), Murphy (Atsu), Pellegri

--

v

Cardiff City 1 (Donis 90)

Newcastle United 2 (Pellegri 5, Atsu 56)

Lineup
- Woodman, Yedlin (Mbemba), Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino (Shelvey), Ritchie (Murphy), Lanzini, Atsu*, Pellegri

The only downside to this victory was that Pellegri got injured in stoppage time and is out for up to 6 weeks.

--

SUMMARY

Almost a perfect month as we won 8 out of our 9 games although our defeat was to the top side in the league Chelsea. We picked up after that defeat to win 6 games straight in the league which leaves us in 2nd place just 2pts behind Chelsea. Man Utd are in 3rd place with a few games in hand though.

In the cups we managed to qualify for the knockout round in the Champions League and we will face Borussia Dortmund who we beat fairly easily last season, in the Carabao Cup semis we will play Liverpool and in the FA Cup we were drawn against Bournemouth.

Pietro Pellegri won the European Golden Boy award while Issiaka Soumare won the African Young Player of the Year while Christian Atsu was 3rd in the African Player of the Year votes.

Elsewhere in the Premier League Stoke, Huddersfield, Southampton, Brighton and West Brom all sacked their managers.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CHRISTIAN ATSU
View attachment 71735

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 71734

th

JANUARY

v
Newcastle United 1 (Dembele 30)
Brighton & Hove Albion 0

Lineup
- Woodman, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans (Soumare), Merino, Ritchie*, Xadas (Shelvey), Atsu (R.Sessegnon), Dembele

That's 7 wins in a row in the league. Not our greatest performance and I would have expected more goals against a side bottom of the league and without a manager but hey ho.

--

v
Newcastle United 2 (Dembele 22pen, Ritchie 57)
West Bromwich Albion 1 (Rondon 85)

Lineup - Woodman, Mbemba, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney (R.Sessegnon), Tielemans, Merino, Ritchie*, Lanzini (Xadas), Atsu, Dembele (Soumare)

--

FA Cup 3rd Round
v
Bournemouth 0

Newcastle United 1 (Tielemans 30)

Lineup - Woodman, Mbemba, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans*, Merino, Ritchie, Lanzini (Xadas), Atsu (R.Sessegnon), Dembele (Soumare)

We were very fortunate here as we were 2nd best throughout but Tielemans first goal for us won it for us and it was an absolute screamer from long range.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg
v
Newcastle United 0
Liverpool 0

Lineup - Woodman, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino, Ritchie (Murphy), Xadas, Atsu (R.Sessegnon), Dembele (Soumare)

All to play for in the 2nd leg as both sides fail to score. We were the better side but just couldn't find the back of the net.

--

v

Huddersfield Town 0

Newcastle United 3 (Dembele 37, 88, 90)

Lineup - Woodman, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney (R.Sessegnon), Tielemans, Merino, Ritchie, Xadas, Atsu (Soumare), Dembele*

Dembele's 2 late goals to complete his hat-trick made the scoreline look a **** of a lot more comfortable than it actually was!

--

v
Newcastle United 6 (Dembele 22, Xadas 33, 40, 59pen, 71, Pellegri 79)
Stoke City 1 (Sobhi 67)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino (Wilshere), Ritchie (Murphy), Xadas*, Atsu, Dembele (Pellegri)

Xadas!!!!!!! An amazing performance from the young Portuguese as he scored 4 times. Horn and Pellegri returned from injury with Horn saving a penalty and Pellegri scoring a goal.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg
v
Liverpool 1 (Hysaj 10)

Newcastle United 2 (Tielemans 69pen, 80pen)
(Agg: 1-2)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans*, Merino (Wilshere), Ritchie (Murphy), Xadas, Atsu, Dembele (Pellegri)

Into the final we go!!! Tbh I screwed up here as we were poor in the 1st half and accidentally said that I was pleased with the performance but 2 of our players tripped over daisies in their penalty box and we got 2 penalties which were both converted by Tielemans and that was enough!

--

SUMMARY

We were excellent this month as we won every game bar one and even then it was a draw in the first leg of the semis of the Carabao Cup. Our magnificent run of form - 10 league wins in a row - has put us in poll position in the league as we have a 4pt lead at the top of the table.

In the Carabao Cup we reached the final and will play Man Utd while our 4th round tie in the FA Cup is a tough tie against Chelsea.

Regarding transfers I brought in one player for the first team and that was on deadline day where I paid £3.3m for Juventus winger Riccardo Orsolini - he was highly rated by my scouts and at the very least will give me a large profit in the transfer market upon resale.
View attachment 71660

I also spent just over £7m on 4 prospects - all of which haven't got work permits so are loaned out to Nimes - who look as though they can make the 1st team if they develop as I expect - especially Vujosevic and Almada.
View attachment 71659View attachment 71658View attachment 71657View attachment 71656

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MOUSSA DEMBELE

View attachment 71655

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 71654

Last edited:
Love the layout Klippybo, can I use the way you have the match results on my Deportivo La Coruna story, just mainly the pictures from the UFEA website.

Love the layout Klippybo, can I use the way you have the match results on my Deportivo La Coruna story, just mainly the pictures from the UFEA website.

Sure - good luck! Will have a peek

JS65710838.jpg

St James park 50 years ago!!!!

FEBRUARY

FA Cup 4th Round
v
Newcastle United 2 (Dembele 4, Xadas 26)
Chelsea 2 (Roberto 35, Morata 45)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Ritchie, Xadas, Atsu (Orsolini), Dembele*

I am incredibly ****** off that we threw away a 2 goal lead here as we now face an uphill struggle to go through. There wasn't a single highlight to see in the 2nd half!

--

v

Southampton 0

Newcastle United 2 (Dembele 49, 57)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino (Wilshere), Ritchie (Orsolini), Lanzini (Xadas), Atsu, Dembele*

Dembele's great run of form continues as he grabs another 2 goals as we collect another 3pts in the league - our tough run of fixtures is up next though!

--

v
Newcastle United 2 (Lanzini 14, Ritchie 82pen)
Arsenal 0

Lineup
- Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino, Ritchie, Lanzini*, Atsu (Murphy), Dembele (Pellegri)

A great victory and one that extends our unbeaten run to 18 games in all comps which is a new record. Lanzini's goal was a screamer from distance.

--

FA Cup 4th Round Replay
v
59324.png

Chelsea 2 (Musonda 84, 120)
Newcastle United 1 (Dembele 3)
AET

Lineup
- Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans (Wilshere) (Pellegri), Merino (Shelvey), Ritchie, Lanzini, Atsu, Dembele

FFS!!! In the first tie we threw away a 2 goal lead and here we concede late on to take it into extra-time where we missed several chances before they scored the winner with the last kick.

--

v
Newcastle United 3 (Ritchie 23, Dembele 62, Murphy 71)
Manchester City 2 (Gabriel Jesus 85, Jedvaj og88)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Dummett, Tielemans, Merino (Lundemo), Ritchie (Orsolini), Xadas, Murphy*, Pellegri (Dembele)

With 5min to go it was looking like a thrashing for City as we were immense but they so very nearly got their comeback in a nervy ending. I am delighted though as I had to rest some players and to beat a strong City side is some achievement! Jacob Murphy was fantastic as he scored 1 and assisted 2.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
v
Newcastle United 5 (Pellegri 25, 78, 80, Lanzini 37, 60)
Borussia Dortmund 0

Lineup
- Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney (Mbemba), Tielemans, Merino, Ritchie, Lanzini, Murphy (R.Sessegnon), Pellegri*

Safe to say we are through to the quarter-finals!!! We were irresistible here albeit Dortmund are lying 7th in the Bundesliga miles away from the leaders while we are probably the inform team in Europe. We thumped Dortmund twice last season so they must hate us!

--

SUMMARY

What a month this was!!! We were on top form throughout and only a few defensive lapses in the 2 cup games against Chelsea put a dampner on things. In the league is where we are ripping it apart as we have now won 13 games in a row to open up a 10pt lead at the top.

Normally I would be extremely confident but with our upcoming fixtures against the remaining big sides we could easy throw it away - that being said we have a kind final few fixtures so who knows?

In the FA Cup we threw away a 2 goal lead against Chelsea and then in the replay we conceded an equaliser late on before losing in the last minute of extra time which was sickening but in Europe we demolished Borussia Dortmund 5-0 to all but seal a place in the next round.

Finally the youth intake happened and we got 2 really good prospects....
View attachment 71470View attachment 71469

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MOUSSA DEMBELE
View attachment 71471

--

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 71468

2017-11-18T175204Z_2113765234_RC19D2D0C880_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-MUN-NEW.JPG

MARCH

Carabao Cup Final
v
Newcastle United 1 (Lanzini 74)
Manchester United 0

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans (Shelvey), Merino, Ritchie (Murphy), Lanzini*, Atsu, Pellegri (Dembele)

WE RETAIN THE CARABAO CUP!!!!!!

Kane, Isco, Hamsik, Pogba, Mata, Martial, Mkhitaryan, Icardi and Romagnoli - all players who were dropped for the final so when I seen their lineup I was confident. In saying that most of their players who played would get in my team!!!

It was a tight game but early in the 2nd half they had Arda Turan sent-off and after that it was all about getting that goal and when it arrived it was a wonder strike from Lanzini that was fit to win any trophy!

--

v
Tottenham Hotspur 1 (Son Heung-Min 85)
Newcastle United 4 (Dembele 45, Atsu 48, Lanzini 52, Murphy 64)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans (Shelvey), Merino (Wilshere), Ritchie (Murphy), Lanzini*, Atsu, Dembele

We love playing against Spurs!! This performance makes me think that we will win the league as some of our play was breathtaking especially for 3 of our goals.

--

v
Newcastle United 1 (Xadas 71)
Manchester United 0

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino, Ritchie (Orsolini), Xadas*, Atsu (Murphy), Dembele (Pellegri)

My players continue to amaze me as we beat United for the 3rd time this season and with this win we break the Premier League record for consecutive wins which is now 15. Xadas came in for the injured Lanzini and he was superb as was his goal.

--

v
Liverpool 1 (Lovren 58)
Newcastle United 0

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino (Shelvey), Ritchie, Lanzini (Xadas), Atsu, Pellegri (Dembele)

All good things must come to an end as Liverpool end our 15 game winning streak in the league. We almost levelled in stoppage time but it was not to be.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
v
Borussia Dortmund 4 (Pulisic 44, Gotze 61, Dolberg 88, Dimata 89)
Newcastle United 2 (Murphy 5, 19)
(Agg: 4-7)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Mbemba, Mere, Dummett, Shelvey, Wilshere (Lundemo), Murphy, Xadas, R.Sessegnon (Morrow), Soumare (Armstrong)

Meh. I pretty much put out a 2nd string side here as we were all but through. They missed a penalty too but we were never in any real danger of getting knocked out.

--

SUMMARY

Another month closer towards the league title!!!

This month was filled with tough matches and we had several highs and a few lows. We kicked off the month by retaining the Carabao Cup with a narrow win against Man Utd and then preceded to defeat Spurs and Man Utd in the league which was massive.

Our 15 game winning streak came to a halt though when Liverpool defeated us and then we lost to Dortmund in the Champions League but we still progress and have been drawn against Arsenal in the quarter finals which is not bad.

In other news Everton sacked their manager and appointed David Wagner and I got Uruguayan side Defensor Sporting as a feeder side.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MANUEL LANZINI
View attachment 71434

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 71433

th

APRIL

v
59324.png

West Ham United 0
Newcastle United 1 (Orsolini 68)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Dummett, Shelvey, Merino, Orsolini, Xadas (Wilshere), Atsu (R.Sessegnon), Dembele (Soumare)

With the upcoming Champions League match I decided to rest a few players against managerless West Ham and it just worked as we were pretty poor but we won thanks to a goal from Orsolini on his 1st start.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
v
Arsenal 2 (Coquelin 83, Petagna 85)

Newcastle United 0

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino, Ritchie, Lanzini (Wilshere), Atsu (Murphy), Dembele (Pellegri)

Terrible. We didn't turn up and just as I thought we were going to escape with a draw we conceded 2 late on. We have it all to do now.

--

v

Bournemouth 1 (S.Cook 87)

Newcastle United 1 (Murphy 58)

Lineup - Horn, Sandberg, Mbemba, Mere, Dummett, Shelvey, Wilshere (Lundemo), Orsolini (R.Sessegnon), Xadas, Murphy, Dembele (Soumare)

Preston beat Man Utd before our kick-off so that allowed me to rest my players for the 2nd leg against Arsenal. Unfortunately we conceded late on again but I suppose we extend our lead by another point.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
v
Newcastle United 4 (Ritchie 13pen, 19, 37, Xadas 45)
Arsenal 0
(Agg: 4-2)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino, Ritchie*, Xadas, Atsu, Pellegri

AMAZING!!!!!

Everything went right for usin the 1st half and everything went wrong for them as they conceded a penalty, had 2 players taken off injured and had a man sent-off. Ritchie's 2nd goal was a free kick and his 3rd was the best goal I have seen on this save as he scored 1st time from 35 yards. A truly incredible performance by my players shown by the fact I didn't make a sub.

--

v
Newcastle United 3 (Brady og10, Ritchie 18, Tielemans 27)
Burnley 1 (Brady 47)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino, Ritchie*, Xadas (Wilshere), Atsu, Pellegri (Dembele)

Matt Ritchie is in fine form!!! Tielemans got his 1st league goal for us here as we dominated and go 3pts clear with a game in hand and it also secures Champions League qualification - not that that was in doubt!

--

v
Newcastle United 1 (Wilshere 86)
Preston North End 0

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans Merino (Shelvey), Ritchie, Xadas (Wilshere), Atsu*, Pellegri (Dembele)

This was our game in hand and Preston - who are fighting relegation almost got an unlikely point but super sub Wilshere scored late on for us to get the points.

--

v

Brighton & Hove Albion 0
Newcastle United 3 (Mere 13, Dembele 16, Xadas 29)

Lineup - Horn, Sandberg, Mbemba, Mere, Dummett (R.Sessegnon), Shelvey (Lundemo), Wilshere, Orsolini, Xadas, Murphy*, Dembele (Soumare)

I felt that in the position that we are in I could afford to rest players for our upcoming Champions League match. Brighton are bottom and they were awful here. Dembele missed a pen but from the resulting corner Xadas scored.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
59324.png
v
Newcastle United 3 (Pellegri 23, 90, Ritchie 68pen)
Atletico Madrid 1 (Vrsaljko 85)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Merino (Wilshere), Ritchie, Lanzini (Xadas), Murphy (Lanzini), Pellegri*

Revenge is so so sweet. When we played Atletico last season it was 2 last minute goals that knocked us out but here it was us that got the last minute goal. That being said their own late goal may prove to be costly for us!

--

SUMMARY

Its oh so exciting! This month has really propelled us towards glories unimaginable at the start of the season.

In the league we won all our games bar a draw against Bournemouth that sees us realistically just 1 win away from the title. The fixture list was kind this month and I even managed to put out a 2nd string a few times which didn't overly weaken us.

In the Champions League we have been pulling up trees. After a disappointing 2-0 defeat away to Arsenal we produced an amazing comeback to win the 2nd leg 4-0 to set us up with a tie against Atletico Madrid where we won the 1st leg 3-1. With 2 trophies already in the bag will another 2 be added next month???
--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MATT RITCHIE
View attachment 71338

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 71337

Last edited:
th

MAY

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 1 (Batth og44)
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

Lineup - Horn, Sandberg, Mbemba, Mere, Dummett (R.Sessegnon), Shelvey (Lundemo), Wilshere, Orsolini*, Xadas, Murphy, Dembele (Soumare)

Once again I felt I had the luxury of resting players for the Champions League game and once again they just did enough. Not champions yet though!

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
v
59324.png

Atletico Madrid 2 (Dost 9, Diego Costa 36)
Newcastle United 3 (Ritchie 15, Pellegri 24, 82)
(Agg: 3-6)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles (Mbemba), Tierney, Tielemans (Shelvey), Merino, Ritchie, Lanzini (Wilshere), Atsu, Pellegri*

We make it to the final!!!! I was a bit worried when we fell behind so early on but we quickly levelled and when we went in front I was confident. They pegged us back but when Vrasljko was sent-off after an hour it was all over. AS Monaco lie in wait in the final.

--

v
59324.png

Everton 1 (Coco 61)

Newcastle United 4 (Dembele 12, Lanzini 32, 69, Ritchie 40)

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney (Mbemba), Tielemans, Merino (Shelvey), Ritchie, Lanzini*, Murphy (Soumare), Dembele

1pt away from being the champions!!!! We were excellent here as Everton couldn't cope with us. Ritchie scored a fantastic free-kick.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 1 (Soumare 79)
Chelsea 0

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles*, Tierney (Mbemba), Tielemans, Shelvey, Ritchie (Orsolini), Lanzini, Atsu, Dembele (Soumare)

CHAMPIONS!!!!

We finally seal the title with a narrow victory. We received bad news before kick-off when Merino picked up an injury that will rule him out of the Champions League final but I still chose to play a strong team. There was nothing in it but Issiaka Soumare got his 1st goal for us when he pounced after the Chelsea keeper fumbled a cross.

--

59324.png
v
Newcastle United 3 (Soumare 20, 90, Dembele 58pen)
Leicester City 0

Lineup - Horn, Sandberg, Mbemba, Mere, Dummett, Wilshere (Charlton), Xadas, Murphy, Soumare*, R.Sessegnon (Suhr), Dembele (Armstrong)

The perfect way to end the season as we got a great win, Dembele got the goal to be the leagues top scorer and I gave debuts to 2 regens with Phil Charlton becoming our youngest ever player at 15y/o. The win also sets a new record for most wins and highest points total.

--

UEFA Champions League Final
v
59324.png

AS Monaco 2 (Lemar 73, Jovetic 113)

Newcastle United 3 (Lanzini 27, Dembele 105, 111)
AET

Lineup - Horn, Yedlin, Jedvaj, Lascelles, Tierney, Tielemans, Shelvey, Ritchie (Xadas), Lanzini, Atsu (Murphy), Pellegri (Dembele)

WE WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!

This final was a slow burner. We took the lead and never looked like conceding until Lemar scored with a free-kick and then we had extra-time when things just went crazy. Dembele struck twice with his 2nd being an incredible solo goal and despite Monaco being able to claw a goal back we held on to complete a stupendous quadruple.

--

SUMMARY

What an end to the season this was. We, surprisingly for me, won all our league games this month to secure my 1st league title with a record number of wins and a record number of points.

Our exploits in Europe were just as good. We defeated Atletico Madrid in the 2nd leg to set up a tie with Monaco in the final which I thought was a kind draw and although it went to extra-time we did enough to win the final thanks to Dembele's 2 late goals.

UNBELIEVABLE JEFF!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MOUSSA DEMBELE
View attachment 71241

END OF SEASON POST TO FOLLOW

Last edited:
Brilliant season, Premier League, Carabao Cup and Champions League treble. Onwards to defending them next season.

th

END OF SEASON POST

Cant complain about this season!!! 4 trophies won including a first Premier League title and Champions League as we are now officially amongst the big boys. To do this with several players that I started off with (Dummett, Mbemba, Lascelles, Yedlin, Shelvey, Merino, Ritchie, Murphy and Atsu) is quite remarkable really and puts all those huge spending clubs to shame really.

Regarding the cups we demolished Man Utd reserves 4-0 in the Community Shield to kick off the season and in the Carabao Cup we steadily progressed to the final - including a sem-final win over Liverpool - to beat a weakened Man Utd side 1-0 in the final as we retained the trophy. In the FA Cup we lost to Chelsea in the 4th round although we really shouldn't have.

In the Champions League we were drawn in what seemed like an impossible group and managed to somehow get out of it with 2 wins against AC Milan and a thumping of PSG. We were then benefitted by the fact that we got kind draws and that I was able to rest my best players before each tie. Dortmund were easily beaten, we needed a 4-0 2nd leg win to overturn a 2 goal deficit against Arsenal, Atletico Madrid were beaten home and away and we managed to defeat Monaco after extra time in the final. Lady luck certainly smiled on us!

--

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 71239View attachment 71239View attachment 71233

Record winning streak, record amount of wins, record amount of points. You almost feel sorry for Man Utd as they lost 2 games less than us and ordinarily would have romped it but our 15 game win streak really gave us the momentum and confidence to bounce back from any slip ups.

--

AWARDS ETC

View attachment 71238View attachment 71237View attachment 71236

I also got manager of the year, Dembele was the top scorer in the Premier League and the PFA Young Player of the Year plus there could have been more but I cant remember lol

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD
View attachment 71235View attachment 71234

So many standout performers. In attack I was very much playing a striker until they failed to score but when Pellegri got injured Dembele stepped up a gear. Towards the end of the season I played Pellegri in Europe as I felt the foreign sides couldn't deal with him. Imagine if I didn't rotate them - how much would 1 of them get then?

My attacking midfielders were superb. Ritchie had an incredible season with regards to his productivity. Murphy, Atsu, Lanzini and Xadas all excelled also. Merino and Tielemans who are my 2 CMs were great also although I would like to see them get on the scoresheet more often.

In defence Yedlin was a makeshift RW as usual with the way we play as he bombs up and down the wing and gets plenty of assists. All my other defenders did just fine.

--

NEXT SEASON......

I have a much smaller transfer budget of £45m as when I got given my budget we didn't have much cash so we shall see what I can do. I got fined £2.2m as we failed to meet the FFP Premier League rules for the season so I will have to watch that.

Also regarding my story layout I will begin to feature an iconic player from Newcastle's history each month at the top of my update - just something different.

th

SHAY GIVEN
Goalkeeper
1997-2009
Apps - 462
Signed from Blackburn Rovers for £1.5m
Sold to Manchester City for £6m

Did You Know? When Shay left Newcastle he was just 34 games away from breaking the club appearance record.

--

PRE SEASON

Lots to tell you about this pre-season as we were extremely busy in the transfer market and also renewing contracts with my current squad and I am still not done with re-arranging my backroom staff etc. The club also announced that they are expanding the stadium by 6,000 which will increase our revenue which is vital as at the moment with a few days left in the transfer window I am £9m over the FFP for the Premier League!!

After our Champions League win I was inundated with players wanting new contracts and they weren't after a small rise either. Merino went from £70k a week to £155k for example while Atsu, Lascelles, Pellegri (again), Lanzini and Murphy all got new contracts too plus a couple of others. Unfortunately DeAndre Yedlin was the 1st one to ask for such an inflated contract and as I didn't know that half my team was going to do the same so we didn't agree on a new deal and he is pretty unhappy but I will try and win him round.

I have changed some of my staff as I let my DoF Mike Rigg and my assistant manager Wolfgang Rolff see out their contracts. They were replaced by Victor Orta from Crystal Palace for £625k and Mark Bowen.

--

PLAYERS OUT

I was given £45m of a transfer budget so I was well aware that if I wanted to bring in serious quality into the team I would need to sell. There were no takers for Ritchie, Atsu or Orsolini but I did sell a couple. Spurs stumped up the cash to sign Jack Wilshere for £34m and Jorge Mere for £19.25m which could go up to £23m. Wilshere was signed after my 1st season on a free so that is a huge profit while Mere was signed for £13m last summer and barely played.

Timo Horn is also a goner in order to fund his replacement. Schalke stumped up £20m leading up to £25m to take the German. He was, like Wilshere, signed after my 1st season and made 108 apps for me. Another big name in my squad to go was Jonjo Shelvey as West Ham paid £18.75m to sign him. He was a key player in my 1st 2 seasons but made way when Youri Tielemans arrived. He made 119 apps for me and scored 13 goals.

Also leaving was Marius Lundemo for £6.25m to Udinese, Sean Longstaff to Norwich for £1m and Juanito left for QPR for £400k and I loaned out Freddie Woodman for £100k a month. I also loaned the usual 5,000 players to Nimes in order to get a work permit. Annoyingly they have still to get promoted but the Japanese defender I sent them last season did get a work permit.

TOTAL INCOME - £101m

--

PLAYERS IN

My first signings were 2 regen wonderkids.
Dusko Zuparic came in from Rijeka for £16m. I have known about him for a while and with the departures of 3 CMs the time was right to get him. He will get plenty of game time and hopefully he will continue to develop. My next one was Eddie Farrell from Rangers for £17.75m. The 18y/o Scottish CB looks as though he will be a great centre half and he has already got 11 Scotland caps.
View attachment 71029View attachment 71028

You may have noticed that my 2 keepers from last season have departed and I brought in 3 new ones.
Jordan Scott is a young keeper on loan from Celtic to play for the U23s while Anders Arensoe (regen) came in from Kobenhavn for £6.75m. Arensoe will possibly be my cup keeper as he is too good to have rotting on the bench.
View attachment 71027View attachment 71026

While I was searching for a backup keeper I noticed a name that was interested in coming to me and he had a release clause of £40.5m which I didn't have. So Timo Horn quickly got transfer listed while I negotiated a contract with his replacement. He becomes my highest paid player at £205,000 a week but it is worth it. Introducing....

Gianluigi Donnarumma!!!!!!
View attachment 71025

He wasn't the only Italian that I brought in as I noticed a wonderkid tearing it up in the Euros. I put in a £20m bid and it was accepted surprisingly and in came
Felice D'Amico from Palermo. He will probably replace Ritchie as my first choice RW and may in time be Lanzini's replacement.
View attachment 71021

I also signed a couple of regens for a pittance to bulk up my U23s and U18s and Nimes lol. Never signed anyone who is from El Salvador before!
View attachment 71024View attachment 71023View attachment 71022

TOTAL SPENT - £101m

So I spent what I took in!! I still have £10m or so in the transfer budget and I am looking to bring in another CM.

--

SQUAD

Donnarumma and D'Amico are the 2 newcomers to the starting XI. Zuparic and Farrell will get plenty of minutes and other than that it is just the same. Pellegri and Dembele will continue to get swapped about depending on performance. I probably have a few too many wingers though as I have D'Amico, Atsu, Murphy, Ritchie, Sessegnon, Orsolini are all natural wingers competing for just 2 spots. That's not including Xadas, Lanzini and Soumare who can also play there!

--

OTHER NEWS

th

I am the new France manager!!!!

It was a choice between France and Spain and although Spain offered me £50k a week more at £110,000 I just felt that the chance to manage the likes of Mbappe, Griezmann, Pogba and Martial was too good to turn down. I may stay with France until Stuart McCall gets the boot from Scotland.

Last edited:
Excellent signings there mate. I've started a Newcastle save after reading this. November first season just now and still waiting for a takeover to happen