Onox 4-3-3 Total Football v3 (Everything won as Man U) Great Results!

• Thread starter Thread starter Onox
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 416
  • Views Views 157K
V5 ownz , no need for v.6 imo :)

6th season with Koln , won CL 5 times out of 5 :p

First of all Onox, nice one for the tactic mate, looks great and plays rather well.

I have however been having a few sporadic difficulties with the formation, and as I am relatively new to FM, i'm not 100% sure what's going on...

To help you with any reply, here's some info.

Team: Man Utd

Rooney - Macheda
Nani
Scholes - Fletcher - Carrick
Evra - Vidic - Ferdinand - Cassani
Kucszczak

Rooney and Macheda have had no real problems finding goals (Hernandez has been quality too), but I hit an inconsistent patch and got stuck in it til the end of the season...

Won the league cup and got some great results against rivals and top teams but my results for the back half of the season read WDWLDLDWWDWLDLWDLW so as you can see, smacks of inconsistency. I did have an injury crisis to some extent with Scholes, Rooney, Berbatov, Vidic, Rio and Evra being out for random times, but due to use of squad rotation earlier in the season thought I should have been beating Bolton, Wolves and Stoke for example.

Overall though, great tactic, allowed the team to play flowing high pressure football, just reckon I need to tweak it slightly for my players.

P.S. sorry I couldn't get any screens, my computer is currently saying 'no' :@

haa... this is the strategy that i was looking for. always love 4-3-3 but always hit the wall when played with united :( but it means i should throw away wingers like nani, valencia, obertan n bebe..?? but at my united i used bebe as amc, ji-sung as box to box. nani was god at my game as top assist at BPL. bought hazard for 2nd season.

what it best role for Hazard and Babacar..??

i'll let you know the result when i'm playin again... :)

First of all Onox, nice one for the tactic mate, looks great and plays rather well.

I have however been having a few sporadic difficulties with the formation, and as I am relatively new to FM, i'm not 100% sure what's going on...

To help you with any reply, here's some info.

Team: Man Utd

Rooney - Macheda
Nani
Scholes - Fletcher - Carrick
Evra - Vidic - Ferdinand - Cassani
Kucszczak

Rooney and Macheda have had no real problems finding goals (Hernandez has been quality too), but I hit an inconsistent patch and got stuck in it til the end of the season...

Won the league cup and got some great results against rivals and top teams but my results for the back half of the season read WDWLDLDWWDWLDLWDLW so as you can see, smacks of inconsistency. I did have an injury crisis to some extent with Scholes, Rooney, Berbatov, Vidic, Rio and Evra being out for random times, but due to use of squad rotation earlier in the season thought I should have been beating Bolton, Wolves and Stoke for example.

Overall though, great tactic, allowed the team to play flowing high pressure football, just reckon I need to tweak it slightly for my players.

P.S. sorry I couldn't get any screens, my computer is currently saying 'no' :@

Since your relatively new, take this advice on board:

Teams can 'learn' and 'counter' against formations that are used for large periods of time. Imagine in real life - if a team played a traditional 4 4 2 for every match, the opposition will study it and learn how to deal with it. A new tactic and formation is always very effective at the start and then consistently for what I'd say is somewhere around 20 games. After that or possibly before, you need to change tactics.

A good way of fixing this is to constantly change tactics - if you don't want to create your own, pick two you like. Say, Goals Galore and Onox 4 3 3. Find the most effective one and use it for all teams that are similar or higher. Use the less effective one for teams that are lower and cup games.

This means the AI never know what you're going to play and therefore can't plan ahead and get used to it.

Since your relatively new, take this advice on board:

Teams can 'learn' and 'counter' against formations that are used for large periods of time. Imagine in real life - if a team played a traditional 4 4 2 for every match, the opposition will study it and learn how to deal with it. A new tactic and formation is always very effective at the start and then consistently for what I'd say is somewhere around 20 games. After that or possibly before, you need to change tactics.

A good way of fixing this is to constantly change tactics - if you don't want to create your own, pick two you like. Say, Goals Galore and Onox 4 3 3. Find the most effective one and use it for all teams that are similar or higher. Use the less effective one for teams that are lower and cup games.

This means the AI never know what you're going to play and therefore can't plan ahead and get used to it.

The AI never learns your tactic. How attacking they play against you is based off reputation and form. Fact, from SI themselves. I've heard of people using the same tactic successfully for 20 years, never mind 20 matches.

A quick update.

Used the tactic all through next season, buying in a new GK (Akinfeev) and AMC (Javier Pastore) and I was successful in winning the league with 3 games left.

Failed in all cup competitions though which was annoying, but I guess i've learnt loads.

Would highly recommend Pastore as AMC in this formation, he has been a sensation.

Onox, are you still planning to do version 6 ->for patch 11.3 ? It would be really nice, because this tactics owns!!!

just finished my first season in 1st place with Galatasaray, thanks to your tactic Onox.

BTW after installing 11.3, my team scores less corner goals but conceed more :D

Last edited:
is onox dead he has not posted for a long time and btw does v5 own like it usually does with 11.3

is onox dead he has not posted for a long time and btw does v5 own like it usually does with 11.3
no where near as good on 11.3 dont score as many and conceed from corners quite alot:( v6 is needed onox where are you!

Hey guys been a while. I just started playing again and installed 11.3. Im going to test the tac with v5 and see where it fails and how it can improve. Any help will be appreciated so please do post your thoughts and issues that you are having with v5 and patch 11.3 :)

welcome back...your tactic before 11.3 was fantastic!!!!!!....unfortunatly now seems not working....so i hope u can resolve and release soon a new version..;

I'm still playing on 11.2 i'm afraid. Mostly because this tactic is so fantastic, I don't want to risk it not working. Lol.

Used it last season with Lille, won the league with 4 games to go and qualified for Europe.. Only won the league title though, nothing else. Did well in my second season up to about 10 games ago, qualified for the first knocout round in Europe, finishing second in a group consisting of At. Madrid, Bayern and Red Star. Beat Bayern and At. Madrid at home which was crucial, beat Red Star once and Drew 2 - 2 with them to go through, Bayern were left in third place. Got knocked out by Napoli though. But recently, I've gone through a five game loss streak which is really annoying me! I've been offered the Valencia job and they have agreed to hold off until the end of the season regarding my decision. If I continue to do badly, I think I may have a change of scenery, but I don't want to leave Babacar, Hazard, Isla and Gervinho behind. Spent £17.5m on Babacar and £7.5m on Isla who have both done wonders so far! Will update at the end of the seocnd season which will probably be tonight.

using these tactics with chelsea having mixed results until match prep was fluid also changed press more to default and agressive tackling result more possession and better results

Back