Over rated and Under Rated EPL XI

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 82
  • Views Views 7K
D

Deleted member 79730

This is something we discuss on the IRC a lot, who is under rated and who is under rated and i was interested to see everyones opinion, anyway here are my teams.

Under Rated
Al Habsi
Zabaleta-Distin-A Hughes-Figueroa
De Jong
Lee Chung Yong-Diame-Mulumbu-Olsson
S Fletcher

Over Rated
Scezeseny (sp)
K Richardson-Vermaelen-Givet-Evra
Song
Lennon-Fletcher-Arteta-Downing
Agbonlahor

No city players in the over rated because im biased :) Though i did want to include James Milner

Please give your teams, views and try not to slate everyone else!

could detect some bias there, don't think fletcher is over rated and don't think de jong is underrated as all i ever hear at school from blues and reds alike is praise for him. good player nontheless!

Where is Walcott? I don't see him in the over rated team. *Awaits the hate*

I saw something very interesting on opta stats mark, our record without de jong was worse than our record without tevez, shows how essential de jong is really. The under rated is sort of referring to people who just call him a thug and dont understand how great of a player he actually is

I saw something very interesting on opta stats mark, our record without de jong was worse than our record without tevez, shows how essential de jong is really. The under rated is sort of referring to people who just call him a thug and dont understand how great of a player he actually is
personally, i praise him for being a thug. derbies aren't the same without keane or neville and i hope he spices things up next year!

good player, still a thug.

and Tevez is responsible for 53% of your points, he is THE key player in Europe

Downing not overrated, very few players who are better than him at what he does

The whole point of this thread is to post your teams, lazy buggers....

S Fletcher in the under rated choice at ST?

I would probably say the most under rated was maybe Odemwingie tbh.

I'm going to sound like a WBA fan but I was supremely impressed with Mulumbu/Tchoyi/Odemwingie last season think they all stood out when they played.

Under Rated
Al Habsi
Baines-Samba-A Hughes-Figueroa
Pennant-Ji-Sung Park-Barton-Matty Taylor
S Fletcher-Doyle

I'll add my overrated XI soon.

vermaleen played like less than 10 games (i think) why is he in the over rated team.
i sense diagreement.

Under Rated

Al Habsi
Zabaleta - Collins - Distin - Assou-Ekotto
Reo-Coker - Fellaini
Park - Cahill - Welbeck
Bent

Over Rated

Gomes
G.Johnson - Skrtel - Cahill - Jose Enrique
Barry - Diaby
Bendtner - Jovanovic - Vela
Kalou

right i'll do my underrated

Jaaskalinen (sp)

Hibbert Evans Ivanovic Assou ekotto

Albrighton Anderson B.Ferguson D.Silva

Darren Bent Dempsey

Tried not to be bias

Scrutinise!!! cba with over rated

I like how your over rated team would whip your under rated teams ***.

Dont see how corluka, silva, king, luiz, bale, chamakh or dzeko is over rated. May sound biased here but you cant judge dzeko after 6 months....

Over rated:

Joe Hart
Sagna - Samba - Agger - Evra
Sandro
Essien - Henderson
Downing - Carroll - Milner

Under rated:

Begovic
Salgado - Hughes - Koscielny/Lescott - Elokobi
De Jong
Watson - Diame - O'Hara
Walters - Fletcher​

Over-Rated:

Arsenal First team

Under-Rated:

Tim Howard (GK)
Rafael da Silva (RB)(couldn't really think of anyone else)
Titus Bramble (CB)
James Collins (CB)
Maynor Figueroa (LB)
Jermaine Pennant (RM)
Jamie O'Hara (CM)
Michael Carrick (CM)
Matthew Etherington (LM)
Nickolas Bendtner (JOKE)
Hugo Rodallega (CF)
Darrent Bent (CF)

Last edited:
Umm confused, is this underrated/overrated on FM? 'Cus I mean, who can possibly say who's underrated/overrated in real life? :S

I think having Arteta as over-rated is a big mistake. If you check our record with and without him you will realize how important he is to our team. He controls the flow of play in the team.

Under Rated
Al-Habsi
Hutton - Distin - Huth - Assou-Ekotto
Brunt - Dempsey - Barton - Etherington
Rodallega - Pavlyuchenko

Over Rated
?
Johnson (Glen) - Lescott - ? - Clichy
Malouda - Milner - Barry - Bale
Anelka - Dzeko​

Now, dont get me wrong, i have put fantastic players in the over-rated team but, some of them get more praise than they deserve (Bale, Clichy). Bale is great, but very over-rated. After his hat-trick against a poor Inter side the media where making him out to be Messi! An CLichy was their because he is a clumsy, clumsy defender.

Umm confused, is this underrated/overrated on FM? 'Cus I mean, who can possibly say who's underrated/overrated in real life? :S

Real life. This is for people to say who they think is the most under rated and most over rated players. Some people seem to think injury prone means overrated (JDY with Agger and Ronan with Ledley King)

Dont see how corluka, silva, king, luiz, bale, chamakh or dzeko is over rated. May sound biased here but you cant judge dzeko after 6 months....

Szczesny hasn't been round much longer.

Back