Overated Players

• Thread starter Thread starter Spud Ando
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 94
  • Views Views 6K

Spud Ando

Reaction score
In the Premier League there is alot of players who personally i don't think bring as much to the table as they are made out to, here a few of players i have thought of:

• Van Persie
  • Jamie Carragher
  • Carlton Cole
Please this is a simple chatting question, please don't take any offence if you are a fan of a player i have named, or any body who places a reply if they do. please name any player you find overated :)(H)

bit harsh on van persie.
i think commentaters sometimes gush too much about players sometimes. when fabregas or rooney are having a good game i wonder if the commentaters are actually having a wank over them when they talk.

Carlton Cole is pish.

Ferdinand, Gallas, Toure.

Most defenders

gareth barry. not better than carrick.
agbonlahor. touch like a donkey.
wright-phillips. touch like a drunk donkey.

Craig Bellamy - 14 Million ? LOL
Gareth Barry
Antonio Valencia
Ballack
Giggs - This Season
Santa Cruz
Ledley King
Jermaine Jenas

And in the game Giovani Dos Santos is the most overrated, -10 potential ability haha

IRl i would say

-Emmanuel Adebayor - Hes the worst striker arsenal have ever had.
-Deco - Rubbish
-Petr Cech - I dont think hes that good as people say he is when teams bombard them with crosses he looks clueless.
-Afonso Alves - Cant hit the back of the net to save his like, what he does all he does is runs around in circles making a gun shaped thingy with his hand:|

surely bendtner's worse but adebayor is overrated

carragher

surely bendtner's worse but adebayor is overrated

carragher

Some people might say that, But i prefer bendtner adebayor has the swagger when he plays thinking hes the next henry but hes no way near that standard. He need to learn the offside rule aswell ive lost count how many times he get offsided a game -.-

I like prefer bendtner to adebayor anyday even though hes quite not the full package yet but he'll get thier soon enough.

pedro mendes

but in the prem i wud say

deco
michael ballack - overated and a *****
david bentley
ibramovich(spelling - mourinho thinks hes god)

and the players man city will buy cos they will hav 2 pay 3x the true value

Last edited:
Owen.

"Owens fit again, hes a brilliant finisher to have in the box, world class...." bollocks.

Owen.

"Owens fit again, hes a brilliant finisher to have in the box, world class...." bollocks.

O yeh i forgot about Owen. It seems whenever he's not picked for the england team the media make out that they've left out some kind of God or something. Dont they realise that he's **** now and nowhere near the player he was years ago.

seems his career at liverpool and his goal against argentina was enough for him to never bother his **** at even trying to play a decent game again

kenwyne jones, he has the touch of a rapist and last season never once jumped for a header yet spurs will pay 16 million for him madness

touch of a rapist, haaahahahaha that proper cracked me up, yeh i haven't seen anything that spectacular from him

seems his career at liverpool and his goal against argentina was enough for him to never bother his **** at even trying to play a decent game again

His game was all about electric pace. Now he's lost that (injuries and age), he's just a slow goal hanging midget with not a lot else going for him as he consistently refused to learn any other aspect to his game (part of the reason why Rafa wasn't too sad to see him go).

Bit harsh on Carra in the OP, although I can appreciate that there are better defenders. Liverpool fans love him because of his willingness to never give up and his love for the club. If I wanted to be partisan, I'd nominate Gary Neville - he was so fortunate in his international career that poor Rob Jones had to retire from injury. Got to say that I think Deco is a wonderful player - he's a complete footballer with a tremendous work ethic. Chelsea playing like donkey's under Scolari didn't help him, but he'd fit straight back into that current Barca midfield if Xavi or Iniesta were injured.

Players like Daniel Alvez or Roberto Carlos are the ones I personally think are over-rated - players who are totally useless at doing their basic job in the team but draw media hype by being 'flashy'.

Talking about Gary Neville and coming from a Man United fan, I agree with Zebedee. The only good thing about him is that he is a true red devil and that's about him. Why, oh why is he the captain of United??

I totally hate it when he makes his trademark halfway line backpass to the keeper or "hands up" to try to catch a player outside when they are not. Beckham made him look good in my opinion... and Keane saved his **** from Vieira.

IRl i would say

-Emmanuel Adebayor - Hes the worst striker arsenal have ever had.
-Deco - Rubbish
-Petr Cech - I dont think hes that good as people say he is when teams bombard them with crosses he looks clueless.
-Afonso Alves - Cant hit the back of the net to save his like, what he does all he does is runs around in circles making a gun shaped thingy with his hand:|

deco did play well at first, he had two bad games and then got injured, hardly overrated? especially for 8million.

Biggest overated player - Dimitar Berbatov. I'm not surprised Tevez wants first team football when Fergie prefers a 32m pound donkey.

deco did play well at first, he had two bad games and then got injured, hardly overrated? especially for 8million.

Very true, But i just call players i dont like overated eg - benzema:)

Back