Overated Players

• Thread starter Thread starter Spud Ando
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 94
  • Views Views 6K
Two most over rated players in the history of football...PHIL AND GARY NEVILLE!!!

When cech first burst into the scene he was brilliant i must admit but ever since he had that clash with stephen hunt(i think it was) from reading which fractered his skull hes never been dominant as he was back in the day

everytime he comes out he think what happened to him is in his mind hes never looked the same. good keeper tho ill have him instead of almunia.

wow please all of you shut up, cech is the best keeper in the prem, then schwarzer then reina and then given.

he has got worse since his head injury but he is the 3rd best in the world, and how can you say that about given, cech is CHELSEA'S number one keeper, chelsea are top four in europe where are newcastle???????

and this coming from a united fan, how suprising.

and for ***** sake van der sar is not a good keeper, his defence makes him who he is.

van der sar is a good keeper. cech is not the best in the prem anymore. he is not that consistent and pretty poor at corners sometimes.

wow please all of you shut up, cech is the best keeper in the prem, then schwarzer then reina and then given.

he has got worse since his head injury but he is the 3rd best in the world, and how can you say that about given, cech is CHELSEA'S number one keeper, chelsea are top four in europe where are newcastle???????

and this coming from a united fan, how suprising.

and for ***** sake van der sar is not a good keeper, his defence makes him who he is.

Quite sad how you cant accept anyone elses opinion without crying about it, wouldnt you agree ?

mate seriously, do you watch football, petr cech has cost his country in the last 2 european championships, that against turkey last year an in 2004 against greece he came out for a corner in extra time got beat to it by dellas, and the rest is history, the guys a total liability, shay given is by a mile the best keeper in the league, the fact that every season he has been in net for newcastle they have been in the premier league and then they sell him an they get relegated, that guy kept the geordies in the league,probably got them at least 9-12 points every season, but ye casillas is the best in the world theres no doubt about that he's different class, and miles above cech,cech only has the record he does cos he has a quality defence in front of him, when he's playin for czech rep, who have a fairly average defence he gets found out

seriously mate you have it all wrong, look at casillas right, his defence is pretty ****, but does not even compare to how **** the czech republic's is, yet the keeper who you say is miles above cech manages to let in 6 goals in a game against barca AT HOME and then 4 goals against liverpool. You seriously cannot say he gets found out on international duty, he plays awesome for chelsea and czech republic, the only reason he lets more goals in on international duty is because of his defence.

and how can you say given is the best in the league, how many goals has he let in since he joined man city? it averaged at a goal a game i heard, PLUS he has not kept newcastle in the premiership all these year do not talk bollocks, without that 9-12 points you were talking about they would still have finished at least 10th, it is mike ashleys fault they are relegated not the fact they sold shay given.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Quite sad how you cant accept anyone elses opinion without crying about it, wouldnt you agree ?

well im sorry if it sounds that way, i accept peoples opinion i just don't like how he said before that if he wasn't 6'5 he wouldnt be a top flight goalkeeper, then ends up saying hes 5th best in the prem? how can a top flight goal keeper be so low down in your list?

Why cant i list cech at 5th place..its my opinion the guy who created the thread said please 'DONT' take any offence if you are a fan of a player or if he plays for the team you support...

but when someone mentions a player from chelsea eg - cech, ashley cole you go all guns blazing and start swearing..

if you said francesc fabregas was **** then i couldnt care less because its your opinion...jeeeez.

Last edited:
Why cant i list cech at 5th place..its my opinion the guy who created the thread said please 'DONT' take any offence if you are a fan of a player or if he plays for the team you support...

but when someone mentions a player from chelsea eg - cech, ashley cole you go all guns blazing and start swearing..

if you said francesc fabregas was **** then i couldnt care less because its your opinion...jeeeez.

ok fair enough i'm sorry.

but come on the only reason people say ashley cole is **** is because they don't like him as a person, he is a bit of a **** but he's certainly not a bad player.

Lets get back on topic.

Joey Barton - Not a great role model for young players plus hes a nutter
Jemain Defoe - Bums harry rednapp up the **** and follows him where ever he goes..
Ashley young - A players who plays for free kicks.
Morten gamst pedersen - Diver anything more i need to say?

Adebayor and Afonso Alves- Neither could hit water if they fell out of a boat!
Please Mark Hughes- dont sign either of these lumps!

actually made me laugh out loud tickled me :)

i agree with the above pedersen is awful but ashley young???? is quick can cross yes takes alot of free kicks but same can be said for ronaldo lampard and beckham

adebayor is a shocking stiker people compare him to drogba ur aven a laff int ya you. in the champions league semi final against utd adebayor didnt win 1 header against ferdinand and vidic, now ok maybe drogba's best is behind him but u just coulndt see him not winning atleast half ov the balls played to him. credit to owen he was one ov the most feared strikers in the game and yes injuries have played a massive part in his downfall. and peter crouch is a brilliant striker he proves that his just not a 1 trick pony as he can hold the ball up and hes technique is pretty good to.

definatly fell carragher is overrated as a player but hes heart is in the rite place i admire that.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

as for petr cech lol he yes hugely agreed since his major injury he hasent been himself hes lucky to still be playing football. now yes i agree he has possibly the best defence in front ov him in the world in terry and alex but i feel all ov you would agree that ferdinand and vidic are a better partnership lately but if u have a look at the premiership table you will see that chelsea and utd both scored and conceded the same amount of goals this season so whoes to say that maybe and i have felt this way for a couple of years that up against each ova their is mearly anyfink between chelsea and utd.

adebayor is a shocking stiker people compare him to drogba ur aven a laff int ya you. in the champions league semi final against utd adebayor didnt win 1 header against ferdinand and vidic, now ok maybe drogba's best is behind him but u just coulndt see him not winning atleast half ov the balls played to him. credit to owen he was one ov the most feared strikers in the game and yes injuries have played a massive part in his downfall. and peter crouch is a brilliant striker he proves that his just not a 1 trick pony as he can hold the ball up and hes technique is pretty good to.

definatly fell carragher is overrated as a player but hes heart is in the rite place i admire that.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

as for petr cech lol he yes hugely agreed since his major injury he hasent been himself hes lucky to still be playing football. now yes i agree he has possibly the best defence in front ov him in the world in terry and alex but i feel all ov you would agree that ferdinand and vidic are a better partnership lately but if u have a look at the premiership table you will see that chelsea and utd both scored and conceded the same amount of goals this season so whoes to say that maybe and i have felt this way for a couple of years that up against each ova their is mearly anyfink between chelsea and utd.

to be honest mate i reckon we're better than united, compare how well each team did against barca? we are the only team in the world that can hold our own against barca. our defence? probably about the same as theirs, our midfield better than theirs, our strikers better than theirs.

to be honest mate i reckon we're better than united, compare how well each team did against barca? we are the only team in the world that can hold our own against barca. our defence? probably about the same as theirs, our midfield better than theirs, our strikers better than theirs.

Sorry mate but i don't agree with you, i rekon United are probs the best in the prem and on par with Barca. The fact is united didnt turn up against barca and they tried to play open against them which was a big mistake, over our 2 legs we had a gameplan not to concede and maybe nick a goal or 2 if the chance came along, and it worked until the last minute lol. Although i think both are a little better than us at the moment, i don't think wer that far behind. Another winger or striker and replace ballack with a player the same type as Fabragas or someone then i think we'll be there. I agree that our defence is probs the same as Uniteds and midfield is probs better but their attack is miles better atm, Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo, Berba. Who have we got, Anelka , Drogs, Kalou? hopeless and Di Santo

Sorry mate but i don't agree with you, i rekon United are probs the best in the prem and on par with Barca. The fact is united didnt turn up against barca and they tried to play open against them which was a big mistake, over our 2 legs we had a gameplan not to concede and maybe nick a goal or 2 if the chance came along, and it worked until the last minute lol. Although i think both are a little better than us at the moment, i don't think wer that far behind. Another winger or striker and replace ballack with a player the same type as Fabragas or someone then i think we'll be there. I agree that our defence is probs the same as Uniteds and midfield is probs better but their attack is miles better atm, Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo, Berba. Who have we got, Anelka , Drogs, Kalou? hopeless and Di Santo

Ok fair do's your opinion, and i admire your honesty as a chelsea fan lol, and yeah barca did play a lot better than us, but which other team can do that against barca? force them to only have one shot on target throughout the match. How is their midfield better? the only one that is better is Ronaldo, we have essien who is better than any other of theirs, lampard who is better, mikel who is only 22 dont forget who is a quality holding midfielder, also ballack is overrated but he is still better than carrick or fletcher. As for our attack drog and anelka as individuals are better than rooney and berbatov. If we still had mourinho we'd be racking up the trophies.

Ok fair do's your opinion, and i admire your honesty as a chelsea fan lol, and yeah barca did play a lot better than us, but which other team can do that against barca? force them to only have one shot on target throughout the match. How is their midfield better? the only one that is better is Ronaldo, we have essien who is better than any other of theirs, lampard who is better, mikel who is only 22 dont forget who is a quality holding midfielder, also ballack is overrated but he is still better than carrick or fletcher. As for our attack drog and anelka as individuals are better than rooney and berbatov. If we still had mourinho we'd be racking up the trophies.

Yeh i rekon the only other team who could do what we did is Liverpool seeing as they've done it in the past against them. I said our midfield is better lol :P but noo ballack is defo worse than all uniteds midfield, id prefer to have Lucas Leiva from the scousers and thats saying something lol

Carragher is underrated. These are overrated:

Barrry
Huth
C.Cole
Denilson
Bentley
Pienaar
Owen (most overrated by a mile)
Arbeloa
Bellamy
Van Der Sar

oh god i hate liverpool, i hate all united and liverpool fans too, cant stand them.
and well i like ballack but hes so inconsistant, plus we did get him for free so cant complain about wasting money on him good in the air and a terrific shot?

i think we need kaka or pirlo to replace him :P that would be amazing

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Carragher is underrated. These are overrated:

Barrry
Huth
C.Cole
Denilson
Bentley
Pienaar
Owen (most overrated by a mile)
Arbeloa
Bellamy
Van Der Sar

:o pienaar is quality?

Ill be honest here but i think man utd strikerforce is slightly edged it for me but both are totally different.

Man utd is a mxture of pure laziness/intelligent of berbatov and then its pure ability and talent of wayne rooney who is a fantastic player..cheslea on the other hand is raw power of drogba if hes iin the right state of mind and the pace of anelka..i think man utd has edged it for me but chelsea's midfield kills thiers so..

but ill say they are both ahead of arsenal..

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Back on topic

craig bellamy - Only a clueless manager would sign him and a club dumb enough to pay 14m for him..

Back