Overated Players

• Thread starter Thread starter Spud Ando
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 94
  • Views Views 6K
2 things
Ronaldo Is not OVERATED
Alves is not overated either if u watch football dani alves i a key to the barca team, he involved in plays all the time, and is he is good, one thing he sucks at crossing some time, uncostistant,

Overated:
Gattuso
Bojan
Darren Bent
Carton Cole
Gabriel Abonglahor
Antonio Valencia
Michael Owen
Ryan Giggs
Gary Neville
Afonso Alves
Roque Santa Cruz - This Season
Ibrahimovic
David Beckham - Latley
Dimitar Bervatov

More to come

If you say so guys.. You two crack me up!

He is class, you don't score 42 goals in a season and win the Ballon D'Or for being *****. And he is second on the top scorer list this season, despite being out for awhile early in the season, with Anelka pipping him by scoring on the last day of the season and Ronaldo not playing.

He is absolutely brilliant and based on pure ability, any team will want him on their team, but has a ***** attitude. Big baby who throws tantrums when things don't go his way.

he scored 42 goals bla bla bla, living in the past?

Over rated player has to be John Terry. How much of him being good is down to having Peter Cech behind you and Michael Essien infront of you? I think all.

I hate dani alves, i think he is useless, utter garbage, i have never met anyone so over rated by the media and people who think they know football, he is meant to be a defender and he couldnt tackle 1+1

Really?!?!?!?!

This is simply shocking....

To be fair Brazilian full backs are not meant to do too much tackling, much more important is the width and support they provide going forward, where Daniel Alves is the best in thw world (though potentially Maicon is as good).

Easily Barcelona's second best player last season (league wise, obviously his impact at the latter stages of champions league was poor).

Easily the best RB in the world in my opinion

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Over rated player has to be John Terry. How much of him being good is down to having Peter Cech behind you and Michael Essien infront of you? I think all.

I agree. Obviously he is a good defender, but waaay overrated. Very inconsistent. And Ricardo Carvahlo (sp?) always made him look good (in much the same way that Vidic made Ferdinand look good (though Ferdinand is better than terry in my opinion))

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

he scored 42 goals bla bla bla, living in the past?

Ok, you people being serious about this?

I would be the first to say he is a *****, for want of a better word...
And yes, his goal tally is helped by being penalty and free kick taker...

But as an all-out attacking player he is arguably the best in the world.
Only way he can be overated is if you are talking about how much Real Madrid paid for him, but then he is that good it was going to take silly money, and if you have the money to spend, then he is easily worth it....

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

ONLY united fans love him, everyone hates him and thinks the same as me, an overrated arrogant *****.

oh yeah the better people -
kaka
messi
ronaldinho
lampard
gerrard
robben

as for his 42 goals, well i just watched them on youtube and about 20 of them were good, including the free kicks.

As a Brazilian I love Kaka dearly, not only for his talent but he seems to be a top top guy. However, he hasn't actually been that good at Milan for a couple of years now. Good, of course, just not great.

Ronaldinho in his prime was a God, but, alas, that was a while ago now.

Robben is good sure, did wonders for Real Madrid (who, we should note, did not have a bad season last year, Barcelona were simply devine)

Lampard and Gerard are great players of course. Gerard for one does benefit from having the entire team set up around him. Great players all, though in my humble opinion not very interesting to watch....

So, I guess i would sum it up as: Ronaldo is overrated if you think he is the best player ever in the history of the game.

However, as an attacking threat he is easily in the top two in the world right now. Obviously he is an arrogant idiot who often did not pass when it would have helped the team, instead shooting every time...

On a side note, saying 20 of the goals were good ain a derogatory way is a bit wierd.... not sure there are other players out there who score 20 'good' goals....

Anyway, peoples tempers seem to get crazy over this, doesnt really matter what someones opinion is that much does it?

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Cristiano Ronaldo
Dirk Kuyt
Nicklas Bendtner
Gennaro Gattuso

Is Bedtner even rated?!

If he is then yes, mightly overrated.

Kuyt is similar to Tevez, works hard, will occasionally pop up with an important goal... but nothing to write home about.

ok people sayen cech makes terry look good but he has also been slated on this page so u cant have it both ways. and as for carvalho making terry look good carvalho missed most of last season and we still hardly conceded. i anaylise football alot i watch any games weneva i can and i try to watch individules and i can tell you that john terry will win 9/10 airial battles,blocks and tackles he also is a amazing leader on the pitch for club and country.

agree that ballack overrated and feel ashley cole is massivly underrated the reason people slate cole is because the puplic have become to love hes wife more then him and slate him for cheating on her.

adebayor is the most overrated player in the premiership if i was a arsenal fan i would be celebrating that man city him.

dani alves is possibly the most overrated player ever lived a full back has to be able to defend,attack and cross and all he can do is attack, the mans got bags of ability of corse but pound for pound id rava have glen johnson in my team any day.

and the best player in the world taking everyfink into account is xavi hernandez.

Last edited:
dani alves is possibly the most overrated player ever lived a full back has to be able to defend,attack and cross and all he can do is attack, the mans got bags of ability of corse but pound for pound id rava have glen johnson in my team any day.

Well, that would be true... except that a full back doesnt 'have' to do anything...
In much the same way as Messi and c Ronaldo are the best wide players in the world and yet not the best at getting to the byline and corssing the ball in (which is something a winger has to be able to do to be very good).

Alves is better defensivly than people are giving him credit for, but in no way is that his strenght. His ability going forward plays directly into the way his club and country play, so he is, in fact, close to the perfect player.

Now, of course this does not mean he would be great in another team, but at the moment he is....

How is Valencia overrated? Just because United have signed him? I'd say he is underrated if anything and written off by any non-united fans.

Overrated:

Giggs
Adebayor
Arbeloa
Terry
Van Der Sar
Santa Cruz
Lucas
Owen

barry, bentley, carlton cole, downing, afonso alves, bellamy, valencia, santa cruz

barry, bentley, carlton cole, downing, afonso alves, bellamy, valencia, santa cruz

Barry is class.

Around the january / february period Cole was prolific, Alves isn't rated lol and Valencia is quality and underrated if anything.

I agree with Downing and Cruz though ... Not sre how highly Bellamy is ratd

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B6ucoSoIy4"]YouTube- Huckerby on KRON[/ame]

LOL , overrated or americans just being dumb

Last edited:
its not harsh enough on him he is awful i hate watching as a sunderland fan
Kenwyne Jones
He was disappointing last season but i hope bruce gets the best out of him cause if he wants crouch instead we are done for hahaha, plus we will have to listen to commentators repeatedly say "Hes got a great touch for a big man "

He has a ***** touch probably something similar to Peter Sutcliffe

Kenwyne Jones
He was disappointing last season but i hope bruce gets the best out of him cause if he wants crouch instead we are done for hahaha, plus we will have to listen to commentators repeatedly say "Hes got a great touch for a big man "

He has a ***** touch probably something similar to Peter Sutcliffe

got to defend crouch hes a very intellegent footballer and is quite prolific

If he was 5ft 11 he would be pathetic but i suppose your right, he is a handful shame he looks like he aint ate since world cup.

Back