Zpyro

Reaction score
Just wondering who you think is overrated and underrated on this years game.
So far mine is;
Overrated: Messi, Van Persie, Isco, Marquinhos.
Underrated: Ronaldo, Ribery, Gibbs, Ozil, Aguero.

Messi has managed to net 38+ goals every single season for the past 6 years but no matter what on FM (with the AI Manager) he almost never goes above 20 (in my save his highest is 13, seriously). Not to mention the 91 he scored and breaking every record imaginable. Trust me, he is UNDERRATED in FM because the match engine and CA/PA don't allow him to be any better.

Anyway for me:
Overrated: Casillas, Bale, Doria, Ramos
Underrated: Theo Walcott, Giroud, Podolski

Messi has managed to net 38+ goals every single season for the past 6 years but no matter what on FM (with the AI Manager) he almost never goes above 20 (in my save his highest is 13, seriously). Not to mention the 91 he scored and breaking every record imaginable. Trust me, he is UNDERRATED in FM because the match engine and CA/PA don't allow him to be any better.

Anyway for me:
Overrated: Casillas, Bale, Doria, Ramos
Underrated: Theo Walcott, Giroud, Podolski

He is still overrated if you compare his stats to Ronaldo.

If you brokedown each player in real life for each stat. Ronaldo would win because he's more of a complete player. But in this game Messi is miles ahead of him.

I think Marco Reus is very under rated, his stats don't match up at all. For me he's one of the best inside forwards in the world right now.

He is still overrated if you compare his stats to Ronaldo.

He's better than Ronaldo IRL and he's better than Ronaldo in this. Wow, who'd have thought it.

No way is Messi overrated nor is Ronaldo underrated.

Underrated? Try Thomas Muller. If you look at his technical stats SI must be getting him confused with Emile Heskey.

If you brokedown each player in real life for each stat. Ronaldo would win because he's more of a complete player. But in this game Messi is miles ahead of him.

Ronaldo isn't a more complete "player". He's a greater athlete. There's a difference and that difference will show when they're both mid 30's and Messi drops back into midfield and still plays at a high level and Ronaldo's performances drop off due to his athleticism waning.

So his ability to take free kicks, long shots, power and heading are all physical and non technical?

If it's going to be realistic Messi should have mental stats of +20.

Physically he might not be as "perfect" as CR7 but mentally no one can touch him. No one.

I think Marco Reus is very under rated, his stats don't match up at all. For me he's one of the best inside forwards in the world right now.

His passing is like 12 wtf. I agree, Reus is amazing and underrated.

He's better than Ronaldo IRL and he's better than Ronaldo in this. Wow, who'd have thought it.

No way is Messi overrated nor is Ronaldo underrated.

Underrated? Try Thomas Muller. If you look at his technical stats SI must be getting him confused with Emile Heskey.

Heynckes once said that Muller isn't the best in terms of ability, but he is always at the right place and then right time. SO no.

As for Ronaldo. He has 17 Dribbling *****. His composure should be in 17s. SO many stats are just wrong. 13 Jumping reach, please watch ''Ronaldo tested to the limit''.

If it's going to be realistic Messi should have mental stats of +20.

Physically he might not be as "perfect" as CR7 but mentally no one can touch him. No one.

LOOOL, most should be around 17. It's not hard to be tactically perfect in a style of play you've been learning since you were like 12.

Stop being so defensive towards Messi, if he was ''great'' he would look for a new challenge and not sit at Barca all his career. Ronaldo 1# Messi 2#

Messi Technically is something else but all round for me Ronaldos the best in the world hes broke Messi champs league record and still in group stages! he will do every thing and Messi will win Ballon'Dor cause its fixed! but Ronaldos stats aint close to messi on fm but Messi scored last night 1st time in 4 games i dont think Ronaldo has ever gone 4 games with out scoring

His passing is like 12 wtf. I agree, Reus is amazing and underrated.

Heynckes once said that Muller isn't the best in terms of ability, but he is always at the right place and then right time. SO no.

As for Ronaldo. He has 17 Dribbling *****. His composure should be in 17s. SO many stats are just wrong. 13 Jumping reach, please watch ''Ronaldo tested to the limit''.
17 dribbling for Ronaldo is fair, he has only average of 1.8 successful dribbles per game in Primera, Messi has got 4 and Neymar 4.5, that is okay. Ronaldo isn't underrated nor overrated in FM, because in real life Messi is much much much much better than Ronaldo. Ronaldo is a great athlete, great goalscorer - but he will never be a legend. Messi will be called a legend after he retires, accept it, don't be a Ronaldo fan boy. Seriously, you just show yourself as a silly fan right now.

Ronaldo will never be a LEGEND!! what an idiot he already is a legend!! hes 10x better than Neymar ever will be hes just another robinho

=Underrated=

Muller (2 stars playing behind the striker, 2 stars playing as a striker, best role AMR??)
Matic (only 9 on stamina.... so he can't handle 2 matches on a row)

=Overrated=

Doria. How in the world this guy achieve so much in the 1st season!!??
Mitrovic. Can't see that much IRL

Messi is ovverated? *****. Only on fmbase.

Ronaldo should have 17 for dribbling, he is not an elite dribbler. His 'physique' that everyone keeps going on about baffles me because he still goes to ground more than Messi and is bullied off the ball more. The 13 for jumping is a ******* joke though. He has one of the best leaps I have ever seen. Possibly second to only Carlos Santillana. His composure should be nowhere near 17. This is the stats for last season

BQbghdUCUAAKKR3.png

He is not clinical and has never been a clinical player.His strengths are his pace and his ruthless positioning. He is not a left winger and his average heat map position is central and sometimes he is the highest player up the pitch! I do think that Ronaldo is sometimes unfairly looked down on, but we have to accept Messi is a genius. Messi is the best attacking player I have ever seen.

Messi is ovverated? *****. Only on fmbase.

Ronaldo should have 17 for dribbling, he is not an elite dribbler. His 'physique' that everyone keeps going on about baffles me because he still goes to ground more than Messi and is bullied off the ball more. The 13 for jumping is a ******* joke though. He has one of the best leaps I have ever seen. Possibly second to only Carlos Santillana. His composure should be nowhere near 17. This is the stats for last season

BQbghdUCUAAKKR3.png

He is not clinical and has never been a clinical player.His strengths are his pace and his ruthless positioning. He is not a left winger and his average heat map position is central and sometimes he is the highest player up the pitch! I do think that Ronaldo is sometimes unfairly looked down on, but we have to accept Messi is a genius. Messi is the best attacking player I have ever seen.

He is not elite dribbler? Yes he is not, because he is the best! :D Cristiano Ronaldo Amazing Skills ( Portugal vs Ireland) 06/09/2013 - YouTube

This discussion is like choosing the *** of angels...

Ask Blatter his opinion