Own goal gifts Man Utd late draw

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 129
  • Views Views 7K
Rooney should of been sent off yesterday aswell. 1st challenge for kicking out at a Sunderland player which could of easily been a red by itself. The 2nd for telling the ref to give Richardson a second yellow. Sportsmanship? Thats discusting.

We definitely didnt deserve to win, that is the worst iv seen us play in absolutely ages, Sunderland played well in the first half and were defending extremely well and must of been gutted as i thought they maybe deserved to get the 3 points, but im happy we got the late goal.

scott take note this is a real fan who sees the game as its is!! not just as he wants!

scott take note this is a real fan who sees the game as its is!! not just as he wants!
so i guess your'e not a real fan then as you see everything as you want.

@JDY,

yeah i know gutted.:O. i've got it now but i'm rubbish.:(. hopefully i'll improve.

Last edited:
Yeah was great Andy Reid is a little genius, although the hatchet man Fletcher tried to break his legs with an horrendous late challenge
fletcher is a hatchet man your bang on , he is trying to be the next roy keane and be a hard man got to be the dirtyist player this season so far.imo

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

so i guess your'e not a real fan then as you never see everything as you want.

@JDY,

yeah i know gutted.:O. i've got it now but i'm rubbish.:(. hopefully i'll improve.

how so? 19-11-08? just take like men you and scott have to admit you were very lucky, sunderland should have got the 3 points and you happy with the late goal that gives you a point,
for me im gald u drop 2 point simple just think for sunderland it should have been a great result!

i admit we were lucky but i take offence to people calling fletcher a hatchet man and find it annoying you of all people are having a go at someone for being biased. if you really want me to give examples of your bias i will.

i admit we were lucky but i take offence to people calling fletcher a hatchet man and find it annoying you of all people are having a go at someone for being biased. if you really want me to give examples of your bias i will.

go ahead !if you can`t take other peoples opions on your players faults or then why get involved? fltcher is a hatchet man simples as for united yes your right they were lucky.
you need to take a leaf out of keiths and andi`s book mate they admit that they were lucky and there happy with a point i don`t get why you take these comments so personally!
don`t forget this is a manu v sunderland thread and not a thread about manu and arsenal!

Last edited:
go ahead !if you can`t take other peoples opions on your players faults or then why get involved? fltcher is a hatchet man simples as for united yes your right they were lucky.
you need to take a leaf out of keiths and andi`s book mate they admit that they were lucky and there happy with a point i don`t get why you take these comments so personally!
don`t forget this is a manu v sunderland thread and not a thread about manu and arsenal!
you make no sense. you tell me to take a leaf out of andi and keith's book and admit we were lucky yet in the post you quoted i admitted we were lucky. i didn't mention arsenal.

your bias:

You still insist you were conned by the referee against us.
you claimed rooney dived against you when almunia blatantly made contact.
you claimed the ref conned city with the extra time when it turned out he was right.
you seem to think there is a pro united conspiracy with all refs.
you claimed richardson shouldn't have been sent off when he was obviously time wasting.

there are many others i can't quite remember.

fletcher is not a hatchet man. i'm not saying he is an angel but he doesn't start a match with the intention of kicking the other players off the pitch.

Last edited:
on the overall, man utd were lucky to scrape a point, the funny thing is that they always score in extra time. could there be too much extra time allocated to them (v man city and this match as well)? though im not feeling very sure. =/

you make no sense. you tell me to take a leaf out of andi and keith's book and admit we were lucky yet in the post you quoted i admitted we were lucky. i didn't mention arsenal.

your bias:

you claimed the ref conned city with the extra time when it turned out he was right.
you claimed richardson shouldn't have been sent off when he was obviously time wasting.

fletcher is not a hatchet man. i'm not saying he is an angel but he doesn't start a match with the intention of kicking the other players off the pitch.

How is it bias?
Coming from a neutral, the referee DID con them out of it (If Arshavin hadn't've scored then here would be a blatant penalty not given, especially when at the other end RVP did the same and got a yellow for it)
Rooney DID dive, his knees started falling to the floor and he skipped over Almunia intending to make contact so that some contact was made, and then he could get the penalty.
The referee shouldnt have added 4 minutes in the Manchester derby anyway - there wasn't enough (from what I recall) to warrant it.
By the looks of it, there is. How many referees have gifted you extra minutes when you aren't winning?
Richardson kicked the ball softly to where the free kick should've been taken, Rooney protests to the referee, and as he plays for United, he gets his way. Free kick proceeds to be taken 10 yards away from where the foul was made.

How is it bias?
The referee shouldnt have added 4 minutes in the Manchester derby anyway - there wasn't enough (from what I recall) to warrant it.
You're right you know. It was more time than was supposed to be allocated. MotD checked it by going through the entire second half, taking every stoppage into account. Owen scored 1 second after full time should have been blown. :O

People who quote that one, I find very amusing. :D

By the looks of it, there is. How many referees have gifted you extra minutes when you aren't winning?
Revealed: Manchester United get more injury time when they need it. Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea all get more time than Man U do though. :P

Is anyone really surprised by this though? If you are surprised, you're very naive... oO)

Lol Sunderland were unlucky but United were not lucky, funny that like. We restricted attacks with great defending but there is no changing your mind, you are probably a United fan that thought you were not lucky against Arsenal but maybe you can explain that to me as well. I await your words of wisdom(lol) :).

sunderland where unlucky because they deserved to win, but utd wherent lucky, they are class it was a typical utd moment never giving up always going, and the quality utd have over sunderland proved to be the case for the goal, they why utd scored as they have better players then sunderland. thts how sunderland can play on of there skins and utd can play the worst they have played at home for about 6-7 years and still get a result

it was the same againt arsenal, utd class players just carried them over the line, like they did against sunderland they grabbed them a point.

Fletcher is a class player, the new roy keane, i would have fletcher in the utd team over most CM in the prem, only gerrard, lampard, essien, cesc and maschers are better. so it my book fletcher is 6th best midfielder in the best league in the world not bad then.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

How is it bias?
Coming from a neutral, the referee DID con them out of it (If Arshavin hadn't've scored then here would be a blatant penalty not given, especially when at the other end RVP did the same and got a yellow for it)
Rooney DID dive, his knees started falling to the floor and he skipped over Almunia intending to make contact so that some contact was made, and then he could get the penalty.
Richardson kicked the ball softly to where the free kick should've been taken, Rooney protests to the referee, and as he plays for United, he gets his way. Free kick proceeds to be taken 10 yards away from where the foul was made.

i reli shouldnt respond to this obvisous rubbish, but the 4 minutes was warranted, there was ****** 4 goals before extra time, rooney didnt dive, arshavin scored so tht decision doesnt matter, if the ref was clearly cheating he would of booked arsahvin claiming he was diving.
richardson deserved to be sent off end off,

chelseas against spurs have a definite penalty turnt down at 1-0 them against spurs, not given then they win 3-0, so way arent they being blasted, they also have scored lots of late his year, when i cant find out where there extra time have come from, but they arent called lucky, neither was liverpool called lucky last year, this is just an anti utd campaign

sunderland where unlucky because they deserved to win, but utd wherent lucky, they are class it was a typical utd moment never giving up always going, and the quality utd have over sunderland proved to be the case for the goal, they why utd scored as they have better players then sunderland. thts how sunderland can play on of there skins and utd can play the worst they have played at home for about 6-7 years and still get a result

United were lucky why can you not admit that? Like talking to a brick wall lol the goal was class was it? Evra mishitting a shot and then taking a delfection for the ball to go in amazing class, what did you think of Bents goal? If a deflected shot is class his goal must have been out of this world to you, one touch and finish 20 yards out bottom corner no deflection :O

your bias:

how is any of that bais it just my opion on what happend in the the games that have been played thats not being bais and yes i do believe we were conned by the ref aganist u, rooney was on his way down before contact so he dived the extra time thing was old traffordish, never said all refs were pro manu so thats a lie ,richardson appeared to kick the ball back to the location of the foul and even if it was disent it was a minor thing wasn`t ment in malace and didn`t deserve a 2nd yellow all my opion not bais if i was bais then i would be like you n scott

1."well. he is probaly ****** off, but he is SIR ALEZ he can do what ever he likes, when he likes
2."full time, cheating ref, utd scored meant to add 30secounds( tht wont be mentioned but other way it would of)scott on united getting cheated by the ref!
3. hate arsenal.:@
4.Scott may be biased for us but everyone else is just as biased against us.! u on scott!

<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> 5.oh, i do love these little arguments especially when people try to end it,

sunderland where unlucky, but united wherent lucky there is a difference? hows so

lmao had to add this tripe aswell!!sunderland where unlucky because they deserved to win, but utd wherent lucky, they are class it was a typical utd moment never giving up always going, and the quality utd have over sunderland proved to be the case for the goal, they why utd scored as they have better players then sunderland. thts how sunderland can play on of there skins and utd can play the worst they have played at home for about 6-7 years and still get a result

it was the same againt arsenal, utd class players just carried them over the line, like they did against sunderland they grabbed them a point.

Fletcher is a class player, the new roy keane, i would have fletcher in the utd team over most CM in the prem, only gerrard, lampard, essien, cesc and maschers are better. so it my book fletcher is 6th best midfielder in the best league in the world not bad then.

lol also i think he may be parnord with this one :this is just an anti utd campaign!lol

Last edited:
bent goal was class, he is a good player.

utd secound goal, i never sed it was class, i sed it was the class of the utds players, to be there never giving up. and berbas goal was a touch of class, when utd needed it!

gunner500 read my earlier post about how there is a difference i juts couldnt be arsed to explain it to simpletons last night.

Back