Oxford United, The Climb To Success

madman558

Banned
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Note: This is my first ever attempt at an FM story... I will try to update regularly, but trying to balance this with my college work and my work... work the updates may not be as regular as the viewers would like.. sorry [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]:'(

Anyway:
[FONT=&quot]
Headline: Oxford Hire Unlikely to Impress Manager

Today the Oxford City chairman has announced that a new manager is to take the helm at the club. "This is a new era for the club, a new manager a new start." The appointment has been fueled by an unsuccessful bid to gain promotion into the League. Many Fans are expected to be in shock that such an unknown manager has taking the role as manager.

The new manager had this to say: "I know that this is a good club and I know the weight of expectation... but in my defense I feel that I have what it takes to take this club to the Promised Land. Yes there will be highs and lows at the club, and yes I know I won’t be appreciated for some of the things that I may do here, but all that I am asking of the fans is to have patients and have a little faith in my ability. Just like the chairman has."
By
Scott Munroe[/FONT]

I think that if you spice up the format that this is told in you could be on to a decent novice story here ;)

If you're on 10.3 sign Jared Wilson on loan from us, Is a beast for Oxford.

I think that if you spice up the format that this is told in you could be on to a decent novice story here ;)

If you're on 10.3 sign Jared Wilson on loan from us, Is a beast for Oxford.

Yeah what I am going to do is mess with the format in word then see what people think as im doing the updates

Thanks for the tip, ill keep my eye out... I am not atcually going to start the save untill tomorrow when I get time to start it off **by that time I should have some people following lol**

Either way though, thanks for the advice:D

C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CRyan%5CMy%20Documents%5CDownloads

C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CRyan%5CMy%20Documents%5CDownloads%5Cnewspaper.jpg

Good luck with your story mate! Oxford are flying high in league 2 in my Rushden save.

Eyy i'm currently at work now. Will update you once i get home <)

ouch - working late??!!

and thanks im off to bed soon so ill look in the morning :D

Nah. I'm from Singapore mate. So totally different timing :)

*Click at my 'The Diamonds' sig to take a look at my story and see how Oxford is doing

Last edited:
ah touche... ah well... hopefully ill have my 1st update up tomorrow, including pre season, my tactics, transfers and aims of the season... have fun at work

and goodnight to all :)

Sure, will follow this! I'm playing my game as well now <)

July update

Season 1: expectation: Promotion

July

Transfers:
Gary Mackenzie (£6000) from Dundee
Emexca Orwubiko (Free) Free transfer
Loans:
Jake Wright Back to BrightonAlfie Potter Back to Peterborough
Matt Green Back to Torquay
Adam Mcgurk from Aston Villa (3 Months)
Dalla Valle From Liverpool (End Of Season)
Matches:
Oxford United Vs Oxford United Reserves
Spartans Vs Oxford United
Oxford City Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs Plymouth
Oxford United Vs Manchester United Reserves
Woking Vs Oxford United
Barnet Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs GH Academy

Results:
Oxford United 1 – 0 Oxford United Reserves Scorers: Adam Chapman.
Spartans 0 – 2 Oxford United Scorers: Adam Mcgurk 61, Nial Hodgkins 90+3
Oxford City 0 - 1 Oxford United Scorers: James Constable 49
Oxford United 0 - 3 Plymouth Scorers: Jamie Mackie 24, 45+2, Luke Summerfield (Pen) 84
Oxford United 0 - 3 Manchester United Reserves Scorers: Douf 6, Macheda 34, Stewart 70.
Oxford United 2 - 1 GH Academy Scorers: Oxford: Mark Creighton 5, Dalle Valle 22, GH: Pierre Hall 3.
Woking 2 - 3 Oxford United Scorers: Woking: Tom Huchinson 60, Matt Wright 90+1 Oxford: Adam Chapman 1, James Constable 28, Aaron Woodley 65.
Barnet 2 - 0 Oxford United Scorers: Nickey Deverdics 17, Paul Furlong (Pen) 80

Review:
Overall I am rather pleased with the results, granted I had some heavy losses but they were to be expected. I am very pleased with my loan signings, they are proving to be good solid signings. The transfers that I have secured I am extremely happy with, the Gary Mackenzie from Dundee is proving to be a good signing and the free transfer is of a rather young age, so he has time to develop.

Preseason I feel that the team is taking shape.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:58 PM ----------

I will make the aug & sept updates tomorrow or tuesday... and make a better layout.

Oxford have the great set up to go very far. Watching a fair bit of the BSP, I know that Oxford are the best in the league, even if my boys beat them 2-1 at the Kassam :)

Lol, ive got a tough friendly on the 1st aug... Leeds some of the signings that I have made im not sure about anymore looking around at other stories etc etc... but it wont hurt to try I guess what do you think of the signings that I have made so far?

Gary Mckenzie should be great. I don't think you need to change much in the first year, which is what you've done. Maybe add the extra star player or two, but buying too many 'good-conference' players would be a mistake. If you went up, you would have to clear all of them.

I can see your point, when I was playing the other day with my dad, hes Luton and im Oxford.. i signed these players and they do quite well, spesh Mcgurk, 5 goals in 3 games.. I am very wary though cause some of the scout reports say that they are league 2 level ability... but they have low JCA. i am still using the core of the team from when I took over, im just trying to find players that i may be able to loan in untill I can afford them... if that makes any sense :D