Jed Steer (From Norwich) £3000
jed-steer_81941t.jpg

Matches:
Kidderminster Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs Barrow
Forest Green Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs Cambridge

Results:
Kidderminster 1 – 2 Oxford United Scorers: Kidderminster: Spencer (19), Oxford: Constable (76), Wallace (86)
Oxford United 4 – 2 Barrow Scorers: Oxford: Dalla Valle (17, 32) Deering (20), Constable (80) Barrow: Powell (56), Kerrigan (83)
Forest Green 3 – 0 Oxford United Scorers: Oxford: Cook (7), Dalla Valle (53), Constable (Pen 90+1)
Oxford United 1 – 2 Cambridge Scorers: Oxford: Constable (52) Cambridge: Phillips (9), Beesley (48)

Review:
Kidderminster 1 – 2 Oxford United Scorers: Kidderminster: Spencer (19), Oxford: Constable (76), Wallace (86)

A poor performance in the 1st half saw some stern words at half time, in the 2nd half the attackers looked as if they were league 1 quality.. Showing that they could score, and they knew how to make defenders have a torrid time. Overall a good performance which takes us to within touching distance of 1st.

_44994216_james_constable_226.jpg

Oxford United 4 – 2 Barrow Scorers: Oxford: Dalla Valle (17, 32) Deering (20), Constable (80) Barrow: Powell (56), Kerrigan (83)

After a surprisingly nasty comment from David Bayliss stating that Oxford United could never be promoted. I felt the need to release a comment stating that Barrow has no chance of survival but I let my players do the talking on the pitch. Good performance overall.

article-0-02EBD84A000005DC-216_306x423.jpg

Forest Green 0 – 3 Oxford United Scorers: Oxford: Cook (7), Dalla Valle (53), Constable (Pen 90+1)

A solid performance took us within 1 point of top spot in the league. The penalty decision was harsh but it never would have made a difference to the result. 3 – 0 and cruising in this league.

Oxford United 1 – 2 Cambridge Scorers: Oxford: Constable (52) Cambridge: Phillips (9), Beesley (48)

After 3 good wins this should have been a textbook win, but we los the script and never got going, Constable gave us a fighting chance but overall it was a horrendous performance, and Cambridge deserved their win.

Player of the month:
Again Dalla Valle, he is in lethal form of late, leading the goal scoring charts for Oxford. 16 goals in 17 games. Mcgurk is still 2nd with 8 goals…, but Dalla Valle is proving to be an excellent signing for the club, still hoping to make him a permanent signing at the end of the season.
Liverpool+v+Arsenal+FA+Youth+Cup+Final+2nd+6ufROjDYLMrl.jpg

I somehow feel that Max is involved in this game... as York :(

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

The fans of Oxford United, are not looking back after this appointment of the manager, some are disapointed with some of the signings and others are disapointed to see Mcgurk go back to Villa, while others still want to see ***** Topp at the club.

the manager had this to day "Its impossible to please everybody, ***** is a great striker, but I will not be going for him, Jed Steer is one for the future as he is only 17. and Mcgurk wants to come back, but the lack in funds means that we cant at the moment. Maybe when we get into league 2 it will be a possibility."

Fans are expected to react to this... watch this space for updates :)

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Dec Update to come up by 7ish :D

Seems like you're getting on with the images. Keep up the good work! (H)

Yeah, it only took 4 updates to find out how haha, your story is epic too, I got rushden in my Dec update... wish me luck lol (H)

Haha great then. Good luck to u! Constable is a goal machine yeah! (H)

Lol, for a permenant player, yeah, the followed by Wallace, but its all about Dalla Valle at the moment, he is destroying the defenses in the league lol

Dec Update

Season 1: expectation: Promotion

December

Transfers:

Matches:
Crawley Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs Ebbsfleet
Oxford United Vs Hayes & Yeading
St Ablans Vs Oxford United (FA Trophy 1st Round)
Cambridge Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs Rushden
Sailsbury Vs Oxford United

Results:
Crawley 1 – 1 Oxford United Scorers: Crawley: Smith (83) Oxford: Constable (71)
Oxford United 2 – 1 Ebbsfleet Scorers: Oxford: Constable (5), Dalla Valle (8), Ebbsfleet: Ashikodi (52)
Oxford United 2 – 0 Hayes & Yeading Scorers: Oxford: Constable (45, 86)
St Ablans 3 – 1 Oxford United (FA Trophy 1st Round) Scorers: St Albans: Everitt (8), Hakim (16), Lambu (66) Oxford: Dalla Valle (57)
Cambridge 0 – 4 Oxford United Scorers: Oxford: BUlman (45+1) Midson (72) Wallace (81) Dalla Valle (87)
Oxford United 1 – 2 Rushden Scorers: Oxford: Tonkin (57) Rushden: Adam (11) Ofori-Twumasi (Pen 18)
Sailsbury 0 – 4 Oxford United Scorers: Oxford: Cook (7) Deering (13) Dalla Valle (54) Constable (Pen 90+1)

Review:

Crawley 1 – 1 Oxford United Scorers: Crawley: Smith (83) Oxford: Constable (71)

To be honest, we never looked like we should have even got a draw from this game, we were terrible and Crawley really deserved a win here.

Oxford United 2 – 1 Ebbsfleet Scorers: Oxford: Constable (5), Dalla Valle (8), Ebbsfleet: Ashikodi (52)

This was a much better performance, strong defensively and 2 goals in 3 minutes were enough to knock Ebbsfleet’s wind from their sails. They grabbed a goal back but they couldn’t pick it back up after the goal.

Oxford United 2 – 0 Hayes & Yeading Scorers: Oxford: Constable (45, 86)

Another solid performance from us, saw Constable grab 2 goals and he thoroughly deserved them, Dalla Valle provided 2 brilliant assists, they are forming a deadly partnership.

St Ablans 3 – 1 Oxford United (FA Trophy 1st Round) Scorers: St Albans: Everitt (8), Hakim (16), Lambu (66) Oxford: Dalla Valle (57)

Although I claimed that I wanted to win this trophy, I am glad that I am out as there is a grueling schedule ahead and I would like to have my players all as fit as can be for the Christmas period. The board will not be pleased, but overall I am glad that I am out of all cups.

0,,10423%7E3495905,00.jpg

Cambridge 0 – 4 Oxford United Scorers: Oxford: Bulman (45+1) Midson (72) Wallace (81) Dalla Valle (87)

After the loss to Cambridge earlier in the season we had a point to prove… and we proved that convincingly, 4 of the best, the best from Wallace, he looks like he is starting to enjoy playing here.

122616.jpg

Oxford United 1 – 2 Rushden Scorers: Oxford: Tonkin (57) Rushden: Adam (11) Ofori-Twumasi (Pen 18)

This was a very unfortunate result, the result does not reflect the game as we had large spells of dominance, but an error from Cook gave away a penalty that we couldn’t recover from. Very pleased with the performance

Sailsbury 0 – 4 Oxford United Scorers: Oxford: Cook (7) Deering (13) Dalla Valle (54) Constable (Pen
90+1)

This was a sensational way to wave goodbye to 2009. 4 goals and blistering performances from the wingers scoring the opening goals, and setting up the 3rd goal. They were a constant threat to Sailsbury, and I am expecting more of the same.

Player of the month:
Constable has been sensational this month, proving why he should keep Wallace out of the team, having a player like this is handy for when Dalla Valle isn’t scoring, I can rely on him to provide the goods when required.

I am starting my Jan update in 5 mins, jsut getting a drink :)

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:58 PM ----------

Transfers:
I will do the transfers on a separate post :)

Matches:
Rushden Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs Tamworth
Grays Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs Wrexham

Results:
Rushden 2 – 2 Oxford United Scorers: Rushden: O’Connor (35), Adam (40) Oxford: Constable (39) Dalla Valle (46)
Oxford United 4 – 0 Tamworth Scorers: Oxford: Constable (29, Pen 78), Bulman (53), Dalla Valle (20+2)
Grays 0 – 3 Oxford United Scorers: Oxford: Dalla Valle (7), Constable (11), Wallace (84)
Oxford United 2 – 1 Wrexham: Oxford: Dalla Valle (14, 43) Wrexham: Fairhurst (87)

Review:
Rushden 2 – 2 Oxford United Scorers: Rushden: O’Connor (35), Adam (40) Oxford: Constable (39) Dalla Valle (46)

This result was highly unlikely, Rushden dominated for large amounts of the game and fully deserved to win, but we hit them on the counter, using Dalla Valles pace and Constables strength we were able to pull off a shock draw.

Oxford United 4 – 0 Tamworth Scorers: Oxford: Constable (29, Pen 78), Bulman (53), Dalla Valle (20+2)

This is much more like the Oxford team I have been managing, free flowing, strong and lethal attacking play saw 4 goals hit home and the whole team was dominating the defending team.

Grays 0 – 3 Oxford United Scorers: Oxford: Dalla Valle (7), Constable (11), Wallace (84)

Another goo performance saw us go top of the league 1 point clear of York, strikes from my 3 best strikers gave us the three points, and they were fully deserved. Constable picked up a knock which is why Wallace was played.

Oxford United 2 – 1 Wrexham: Oxford: Dalla Valle (14, 43) Wrexham: Fairhurst (87)

This was a fair result, we had a brilliant 1st half, which from then on we just sat back and protected the lead, fair play to Fairhurst, he scored a cracker whizzing through the defense and hitting the post before rolling over the line. But it was too late for them to equalize and we got the 3 points.

Player Of The Month
This is a joint award, going to Dalla Valle and Constable, they both deserve this with some classic performances and rocketing in the goals.

art_lauri_dalla_valle.jpg

Transfers to come in next post

Jan Transfers:

Scott Fox (£0000 From Queen Of The South)

This is a quality keeper, i brought him in as i felt that Ryan Clarke was letting in too many goals.
_47212968_fox226.jpg

David Stephens (£2000 From Norwich)

I brought this player in to partner Gary Mackenzie in Defense, he is the same ability with a chance of becoming better than Mackenzie.
0,,10355%7E6877462,00.jpg

Fans were pleased to see a new goalkeeper on the scene, plus another goalkeeper in the making (Jed Steer) brought for £3000 in november, shows that the team is going places. The fans have also expressed the delight of Stephens comming to the club.

"Finally someboy to work with MacKenzie!!" one fan was heard shouting

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

If i get time tomorrow, i will finish off the season and attempt to start the 2nd :)

You're doing well in the league. Keep it up! (H)

Thanks, Mcgurk went to Gillingham at the end of his contract.. :( Do you get money for winning the league?

Of course you will get but somehow it's gone coz i didn't get any money to spend for 2 seasons!! I've sold my Mcgurk in the start of my 3rd season.

Gutted, my club is performing well, and my transfer budget is increasing (Ive got a clause that gives me £3K everytime a stoke player plays) but for some reason I keep losing money... if i can see out this season, i think that i will be ok next season as i will have more gate receipts :)

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Feb Update later on (bout 4 - 4:30ish) :)

Feb Update

February

Transfers:

Matches:
Oxford United Vs Kidderminster
Luton Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs Histon
Stevenage Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs AFC Wimbledon
Chester Vs Oxford United

Results:
Oxford United 2 – 0 Kidderminster Scorers: Oxford: Wallace (67) Deering (81)
Luton 0 – 2 Oxford United Scorers: Dalla Valle (33), Wallace (64)
Oxford United 2 – 1Histon Scorers: Oxford: Cook (Pen 9) Wallace (45+1) Histon: Wright (39)
Stevenage 2 – 1 Oxford United Scorers: Stevenage: Sills (62) Bridges (82), Oxford: Sandwith (40)
Oxford United 3 - 0 AFC Wimbledon Scorers: Oxford: Cook (11), Wallace (15, 28)
Chester 0 – 2 Oxford United Scorers: Oxford: Wallace (48) Dalla Valle (67)

Review:
Oxford United 2 – 0 Kidderminster Scorers: Oxford: Wallace (67) Deering (81)

A good performance gave us the gap at the top we were hoping for, 4 points seperate us from 2nd, York and Stevenage have it all to fight for now.

Luton 0 – 2 Oxford United Scorers: Dalla Valle (33), Wallace (64)

Another solid performance takes the team on a 4 game winning streak, with goals from the 2 centre forwards and solid performance from Fox allowed us to win this game.

122616.jpg

Oxford United 2 – 1Histon Scorers: Oxford: Cook (Pen 9) Wallace (45+1) Histon: Wright (39)

Under controversial circumstances we were lucky to win this, Histon gave away a very weak pen, which gave us the win we needed

0,,10423%7E3612682,00.jpg

Stevenage 2 – 1 Oxford United Scorers: Stevenage: Sills (62) Bridges (82), Oxford: Sandwith (40)

And so the winning streak came to an end. We should have wrapped this up by half time, Dalla Valle, and Wallace both under performed – which is a rare sight to see. And Stevenage took full advantage.

_47212968_fox226.jpg

Oxford United 3 - 0 AFC Wimbledon Scorers: Oxford: Cook (11), Wallace (15, 28)

The best way to come back from defeat, Wallace is really beginning to show me why I signed him. He ought to be proud of his recent performances.

122616.jpg

Chester 0 – 2 Oxford United Scorers: Oxford: Wallace (48) Dalla Valle (67)

This game was a lucky win, and sees us go 6 points clear at the top of the table with 8 to go. Good performances are crucial in the run up to the end of the season.

Player of the month
Without a doubt this goes to Scott Fox and Ryan Wallace, the two have been in sensational form, and look like they are enjoying playing in yellow. These performances are the sort that we are going to need in the run up to the end of the season.

_47212968_fox226.jpg
122616.jpg

A few more wins and you're done! (H)

March Update

March

Transfers:

Matches:
Oxford United Vs Kettering
Tamworth Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs Gateshead

Results:
Oxford United 1 – 2 Kettering Scorers: Oxford: Wallace (7) Kettering: Green (47), Dance (65)
Tamworth 0 – 1 Oxford United Scorers: Oxford: Wallace (46)
Oxford United 2 – 1Gateshead Scorers: Oxford: Creighton (4), Dalla Valle (39), Gateshead: Armstrong (77)

Review:
Oxford United 1 – 2 Kettering Scorers: Oxford: Wallace (7) Kettering: Green (47), Dance (65)

This was a disappointing result as I felt that we had done enough to secure a draw, they looked like a team fighting for a playoff spot, and we looked like we never showed up, end of story.
122616.jpg

Tamworth 0 – 1 Oxford United Scorers: Oxford: Wallace (46)

A piece of magic from Wallace secured a win that secured a playoff spot for us, I am overjoyed that Wallace got the goal as out of any of the strikers, he is the one that deserved it.
122616.jpg

Oxford United 2 – 1Gateshead Scorers: Oxford: Creighton (4), Dalla Valle (39), Gateshead: Armstrong (77)
This was a result that never surprised anybody really, although they did give us a good ending to the game, but overall we deserved the win as we dominated.
0,,10342%7E6965272,00.jpg

Player of the month
Wallace has been immense this month, really proving why I signed him at the beginning of the season, he has took over where Constable left off, scoring goals, and thoroughly deserving them.

122616.jpg

Apr Update

March

Transfers:

Matches:
Hayes & Yeading Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs Sailsbury
Altrincham Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs Mansfield
Eastbourne Borough Vs Oxford United

Results:
Hayes & Yeading 0 – 3 Oxford United Scorers: Oxford: Deering (15, 88) Wallace (54)
Oxford United 2 – 0 Sailsbury Scorers: Oxford: Wallace (66) Dalla Valle (87)
Altrincham 1 – 1 Oxford United Scorers: Altrincham: McAliskey (84) Oxford: Pulis (36)
Oxford United 2 – 1 Mansfield Scorers: Oxford: Dalla Valle (59) Wallace (90+2) Mansfield: Briscoe (11)
Eastbourne Borough 1 – 3 Oxford United Scorers: Eastbourne: Taylor (63) Oxford: Dalle Valle (17, 89), Constable (Pen 60)

Review:
Hayes & Yeading 0 – 3 Oxford United Scorers: Oxford: Deering (15, 88) Wallace (54)

A good performance sees us take a vital 3 points in the race for the title, Deering with 2 screamers and Wallace with a 3rd tap in wins the game for us.

Oxford United 2 – 0 Sailsbury Scorers: Oxford: Wallace (66) Dalla Valle (87)

What is proving to be a deadly strike partnership in the league strikes again, both were sensational goals to go with a solid performance.

Altrincham 1 – 1 Oxford United Scorers: Altrincham: McAliskey (84) Oxford: Pulis (36)

Pulis was unhappy about not playing, so I gave him a role and he proved why he deserves a role in the team, though an error in defense saw McAliskey chip Fox to make it a draw.

0,,10280%7E7220426,00.jpg

Oxford United 2 – 1 Mansfield Scorers: Oxford: Dalla Valle (59) Wallace (90+2) Mansfield: Briscoe (11)

The title clincher, for so long it looked like we were going to lose this one, but the sweetest of goals from Wallace as the final kick of the game clinched the title and gave Oxford United a new status, From Non-League, to League football.

122616.jpg
lens2152427_1220301862blue-square-premier-trophy.jpg

Eastbourne Borough 1 – 3 Oxford United Scorers: Eastbourne: Taylor (63) Oxford: Dalle Valle (17, 89), Constable (Pen 60)
I told the players to have fun in this game, and they still managed to win. The team has proven to me that they are worthy of League 2 as they were coasting.

Player of the month
Once again Wallace has out done himself proving why he should be 1st choice along side he strike partner. An exceptional player, and well worth the money paid for him.
122616.jpg