Oxford United, The Climb To Success

Yeah good point, Chelsea's Borini on loan is good and also get Kakuta

I don't follow stories but saw it was Oxford and had to check it out. Good luck mate. Although Oxford City are a completely different team to Oxford United :S

I will look into them in a bit, depending on how the liverpool loanee does, I may send him back im not sure though... thanks for the advice

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

lol I know it was a typo on the main title. I have been meaning to ask a mod to change it for me just slipped my mind :D

Maybe you would like to add some screenies mate? 8-|

Yeah I will when i do my update next, i didnt do the screenies as it was pre-season and i set the assistant manager to do the friendlies etc... whne the season kicks off ill do screenies :D

Aug Update

Season 1: expectation: Promotion

August

Transfers:
Ryan Wallace (£9000) From Hearts
Anthony Pulis (£4500) From Southamton

Matches:
Oxford United Vs Leeds Utd (friendly)
Oxford United Vs York
Kettering Vs Oxford United
Histon Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs Chester
Oxford United Vs Stevenage
AFC Wimbledon Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs Forest Green
Results:
Oxford United 2 – 3 Leeds Utd (friendly) Scorers: Oxford: Sam Deering (38) Dalla Valle (82) Leeds: Mcsheffrey (55), Whitwell (72), Grella (90)
Oxford United 2 – 1 York Scorers: Oxford: Sangare (OG13), Deering (21) York: Brodie (Pen 62)
Kettering 3 – 5 Oxford United Scorers: Kettering: Robinson (40), Marna (80), Hadfield (89) Oxford: MaKenzie (3), Dalla Valle (9, 72, 76), Mcgurk (87)
Histon 1 – 2 Oxford United Scorers: Histon: Pettigrew (31) Oxford: Mcgurk (56, 67)
Oxford United 4 – 1 Chester Scorers: Oxford: Makenzie (10), Dalla Valle (17), Mcgurk (25) Ashton (OG 32) Chester: Ellams (60)
Oxford United 1 – 1 Stevenage Scorers: Oxford: Dalla Valle (63) Stevenage: Sills (3)
AFC Wimbledon 2 – 4 Oxford United Scorers: AFC Wimbledon: Elder (30, 59) Oxford: Constable (17, 34, 82), Dalla Valle (31)
Oxford United 1 – 0 Forest Green Scorers: Oxford: Wallace (47)

Review:
Oxford United 2 – 1 York Scorers: Oxford: Sangare (OG13), Deering (21) York: Brodie (Pen 62)

I feel that this game was a lucky win as there are a freak own goal. we didnt deserve the win and I think that York can feel hard done by.

Kettering 3 – 5 Oxford United Scorers: Kettering: Robinson (40), Marna (80), Hadfield (89) Oxford: MaKenzie (3), Dalla Valle (9, 72, 76), Mcgurk (87)
This is a game that even Keegan would have been proud of, 8 goals most in the second half, Neither team deserved to lose. Kettering can hold their heads high that this game was a record for the season for most goals in a game.

Histon 1 – 2 Oxford United Scorers: Histon: Pettigrew (31) Oxford: Mcgurk (56, 67)
With a brace from Mcgurk this game had Oxford written all over it. Pettigrew gave us a scare, but half time came and some stern words were thrown around. Which resulted in a win. a good performance and top of the league.

Oxford United 4 – 1 Chester Scorers: Oxford: Makenzie (10), Dalla Valle (17), Mcgurk (25) Ashton (OG 32) Chester: Ellams (60)
This was a fully deserved win for us, chester were unlucky in a few of their chances, and we were certainly lucky with some of the lapses in defense but overall a good performance saw us retain top spot.

Oxford United 1 – 1 Stevenage Scorers: Oxford: Dalla Valle (63) Stevenage: Sills (3)
stevenage were lucky in this game, Mcgurk was out injured, and Constable was shocking, missing shots from the edge of the 6 yard box. We felt hard done by but we had our chances and failed to make them count. So we only have ourselves to blame. Still top though.

AFC Wimbledon 2 – 4 Oxford United Scorers: AFC Wimbledon: Elder (30, 59) Oxford: Constable (17, 34, 82), Dalla Valle (31)
This was the ideal way to bounce back from the draw with Stevenage, hat-trick from Constable and another from Dalla Valle saw off the competition with ease. Still top.

[FONT=&quot]Oxford United 1 – 0 Forest Green Scorers: Oxford: Wallace (47)

[/FONT] A lucky goal from Ryan Wallace, a new signing gave us the win we needed to retain top going into a 5 day break. Wallace also hit the crossbar, from a Tonkin freekick.
I am very pleased with the start to the season, top and havent lost yet. Pleased with my signings, though only Wallace has proven himself in the team so far. Still looking for a right back, this is the only area of the team that will be a let down at this early stage in the season.

Oxford Player of the month
Dalla Valle, he has been in lethal from for us, netting some crutial goals. He is enjoying playing in yellow at the moment. He also has the most goals for the month, the most assists and the most MOTM's for the club

Oxford Most Injury Prone Player
McGurk, 3-4 weeks in pre season (July Update) and again at the end of this update, thats why Constable was playing instead of Mcgurk in the last game... to be honest imglad Constable played :) oh well McGurk goes back to Villa in December... Should I bring him back??

Last edited:
I will do the sept update tomorrow as its late now :D

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

Its the end of the month and the official supporters club was enthralled by the 5-3 win over Kettering.

The spokesperson said this:
"The manager said at the beginning of the season that he was going to have highs and lows... this is as high as a mountin, this opening to the season is just what the fans needed, after all the uncertainty around the new appointment of R Bayliss. He has shown great commitment to the team, and the fans which has seen a drop in complaints around his name in the unofficial forums. We as Oxford united die hard supporters can only thank him for what he has done to the club in such a short space of time and we hope that he can keep up the good work."

A leak from the Oxford United camp claims that the manager is going after ***** Topp, from belgen side Royal Montegnee, but with the strikers on fire at the moment will he be needed? We will find out in the september update ;)

You're doing well mate! Keep it up! When i first started with my Rushden i didn't have any transfer budget :(

Thanks, to be honest, I never intended to make any transfers, but they looked good... so I just had to. Im hoping to get Dalla Valle on a perm contrct at the end of the season as he looks amazing. Mcgurk im not to overjoyed about... good striker but still has too many injuries for my liking.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

September Update to come in the next hour and a half :)

Sept Update

September
Aug Manager of the month
Loans:

Matches:
Ebbsfleet Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs Luton
Wrexham Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs EastBourne
Mansfield Vs Oxford United
Gateshead Vs oxford United
Oxford United Vs Crawley
Results:
Ebbsfleet 0 – 0 Oxford United
Oxford United 1 - 1 Luton Scorers: Oxford: Midson (90+2) Luton: Craddock (46)
Wrexham 0 – 0 Oxford United Scorers:
Oxford United 6-1 EastBourne Scorers: Oxford: Dalla Valle (1, 22, 47, 86) Wallace (25, 59) Eastbourne: Weatherstone (34)
Mansfield 2 – 0 Oxford United Scorers: Mansfield: Armstrong (20) Foster (30)
Gateshead 0 – 0 Oxford United Scorers:
Oxford United 1 – 0 Crawley Scorers: Oxford: Dalla Valle (62)
Review:
Ebbsfleet 0 – 0 Oxford United

This result was a relief as Ebbsfleet were completley destroying us, shots from all over the park hitting the crossbar, posts and they even had a goal disallowed.. we never looked like a team that could win this game.

Oxford United 1 - 1 Luton Scorers: Oxford: Midson (90+2) Luton: Craddock (46)

This result was always likley but not in this maner, the team didnt show up and it was a lucky deflection that gave us the equaliser. The team was rightfully booed of the pitch at the final whistle and the fans deserve better.

Wrexham 0 – 0 Oxford United

Again another poor perfomance, to go with an undeserving draw. Wrexham deserved the 3 points here and have the right to be agreaved by the result. Dalla Valle has been on international duty. Which could be the reason for the poor performances.

Oxford United 6-1 EastBourne Scorers: Oxford: Dalla Valle (1, 22, 47, 86) Wallace (25, 59) Eastbourne: Weatherstone (34)

Dalla Valle is back from international duty and is once again banging in the goals for us, 4 goals and 2 from Wallace saw off the challenge of Eastbourne. Once again the home form is keeping the promotion hopes alive in this early stage.

Mansfield 2 – 0 Oxford United Scorers: Mansfield: Armstrong (20) Foster (30)

This was a woeful performance from us, we never got going and in the end we got the loss that we needed to bring us back to earth. Thanks to Clarke in goal it was only 2 - 0 it could have easily been 5/6 - 0.

Gateshead 0 – 0 Oxford United

This game saw us pile on the pressure, with solid perfomances around the park we felt hard done by. The team looked tired towards the end, and I was happy to settle for the draw knowing we were at home the next game.

Oxford United 1 – 0 Crawley Scorers: Oxford: Dalla Valle (62)

A very lucky goal from Dalla Valle saw us claim a positive end to a dreadful month. I guess i wont be gaining manager of the month for this month with the dreadful performanced. slipped to 2nd in the table, not suprising really.

Player of the month: Ryan Clarke
I have chosen this player as the POTM as he has been sublime in goal this month, keeping the goals out where ever possible and ensuring some vital draws in the process.

The spine of the team was damaged with injuries, the most I have ever had in a football manager save.. which could be another reason why results are not going my way..

October Update

October

Transfers:

Matches:

Barrow Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs Grays
York Vs Oxford United
Oxford United Vs Stevenage (FA 4th round Qualy)
Oxford United Vs Altrincham

Results:

Barrow 1 – 2 Oxford United Scorers: Barrow: Walker (52), Oxford: Constable (3), Chapman (28)
Oxford United 1 – 1 Grays Scorers: Oxford: Constable (89), Grays: Gray (52)
York 2 – 0 Oxford United Scorers: Oxford: Dalla Valle (12, 37)
Oxford United 1 – 2 Stevenage (FA 4th round Qualy) Scorers: Oxford: Cook (29) Stevenage: Sills (7) Henry (72)
Oxford United 0 – 0 Altrincham

Review:
Barrow 1 – 2 Oxford United Scorers: Barrow: Walker (52), Oxford: Constable (3), Chapman (28)

This was the comeback that the team was praying for after a dreadful September. The game was closely contested right till the end and the team had to keep their wits about them as barrow was pushing for the equalizer.

Oxford United 1 – 1 Grays Scorers: Oxford: Constable (89), Grays: Gray (52)

We didn’t deserve the point here, our defense leaked way too many balls and the keeper had to come to the rescue on several occasions. Grays really could have put the doom and gloom into a woeful performance, but a Deering cross met the head of Constable, giving us a valuable point.

York 2 – 0 Oxford United Scorers: Oxford: Dalla Valle (12, 37)

I was elated with the players after this game. It was sublime, defense looked strong and the midfield were providing the balls wit the standard of at least the Coca Cola Championship service to strikers, and we really should have scored more.

Oxford United 1 – 2 Stevenage (FA 4th round Qualy) Scorers: Oxford: Cook (29) Stevenage: Sills (7) Henry (72)

This result I am not to bothered about, the FA Cup is not important to me, what is however is winning the league and the FA Trophy. No doubt the board was not happy with the result and neither were the fans, but they will see the benefit of being out of the cup before it kicks off.

Oxford United 0 – 0 Altrincham

We really deserved to win this game, by a landslide, but wasteful shots from Constable and Dalla Valle, meant that the team couldn’t produce. There were some scary moments within the game such as Altrincham hitting the cross bar. But overall a good performance, just needed to profit from our chances.

This has been a good start to the season, I feel that the team has come on in leaps and bounds, We have been weakened by Mcgurk leaving for Aston Villa as his loan was up… I am considering getting him here permanently, but I need £80,000 for that to happen. Currently 2nd.

Do you people think I should bring Mcgurk back??

Oxford Player of the month
Mackenzie, he has been solid at the back, and helped out in attack. he picked up a knock which saw him out of the Altrincham game. This player is fully deserving of the award this month.

I will do my Nov updat eeither tomorrow or Thursday, depends on what I am doing tomorrow :D

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:38 PM ----------

I will do an update late tonight.

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Change of plan. I will update tomorrow :)

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

I will do my Nov and Dec update later on :)

I will do my Nov updat eeither tomorrow or Thursday, depends on what I am doing tomorrow :D

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:38 PM ----------

I will do an update late tonight.

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Change of plan. I will update tomorrow :)

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

dont forget a bit of colour and maybe some pics for presentation a bit like mine, it can be alot to read , breaks it up a bit, keep it up your doin good
I will do my Nov and Dec update later on :)

Thanks for your advice.. one thing though, how do i put the images in the text like yours.. I can only do the thumbnails thing at th bottom XD

Click to Clip art like box the yellow one then post an URL link with just the website, just use google images and view on full screen and copy there URL hope it helps

Ah why thankyou... i thought that was it but i dont really be active on forums so i had no idea :D thanks though i will try that