Pass the Parcel from no job to the top job

Nice transfers!
Strandberg would be good to replace Coloccini

Nice transfers!
Strandberg would be good to replace Coloccini

Just brought in one of the best CB regens I have ever seen. Not saying much, but he was **** exspensive (Can't buy anyone else without selling now)!!!

I have just finished July, and I am about to play my first game in charge of Newcastle (Against Gaz Metan in the Europe League 3rd round of qualifying).

JULY

This month has mainly been about getting rid of the deadwood, although I have brought a few players in!

Transfers:

So far I have spent £66m, whilst also bringing in £34.5m in player sales. I have had so much to spend due to selling players with high wages and buying young players on lower wages. The board also gave me an extra £6m when I requested it!

The remaining budget it £6m, with £60k a week in wages spare

Transfer Targets:
My aims during this transfer window is to sign:
A CB to replace Colo - DONE
A Defensive-Mid who can also play as a CM - DONE
2 wingers, who can play on the left and right - NOT Done, Signed a LW

Transfers IN:
Javi Garcia (DM/CM - Loan - Man City)

Castellano (CB - £22.5m - Juventus)

Campos Toro (LB/LM/LW - £3.8m - Udinese)

Natxo Monreal (LB - £10.5m (Release Clause) - Arsenal)

Transfers OUT:

Leonardo (Loan - £140k a month - Monchengladbach (Think I spelt that right))

Bigirama (£1m to Burnley)

Campbell (Loan to Notts County)

Vuckic (£2.4m to Cagliari)

Acquafresca (£5.75m to Genoa)

Curtis Goode (£1.4m to Cagliari)

Denilson (£5.75m to Blackburn)

There will be screenshots of all new signing after the window closes!
All fixtures will be shown at the end of August!

Very difficult to find a decent replacement for him though, without spending almost double that. Plus he still looks a really good CB :S Oh well

And the fans are less than happy:

View attachment 378587

Yeah i knew all the fans would moan and stuff but a season later we would have struggled to get 5m and we weren't going to win the prem within 2 years so why not build for the future rather than the present was my thought process but i believe i also signed a couple of quality regens to take his place!?

Yeah i knew all the fans would moan and stuff but a season later we would have struggled to get 5m and we weren't going to win the prem within 2 years so why not build for the future rather than the present was my thought process but i believe i also signed a couple of quality regens to take his place!?

Not that I can see haha :p

Miller and Tino are good for the future, but nowhere near first team standard.

Not that I can see haha :p

Miller and Tino are good for the future, but nowhere near first team standard.

Thats who i am on about i would rotate them around in the side! But thats my managerial style nurturing talent from very young age! Please get the best from cobian! He looks class

Thats who i am on about i would rotate them around in the side! But thats my managerial style nurturing talent from very young age! Please get the best from cobian! He looks class

Same here, but I am not going to play someone who will cost us games until he becomes decent enough for the first team. That's why I bought Castellano. He is 19, but he is ****** amazing. I plan to introduce Miller as the other CB, and make Tino a DM :)

I will start with the transfers, then I will do a separate post for the results.

August

I didn't plan on spending any more this month, but after selling a high profile player for over £20m, I decided to re-invest it. I also asked the board to sign a world-class player who was transfer-listed, and they agreed!
Unfortunately, we have a big problem on our hands...

Transfers:

We no longer having and funds left, but since my preseason expectations was to finish mid table, we should get more later on. Also, as I will explain later, I think we are going to have to sell Strootman :'(

Transfer Targets:
2 wingers, who can play on the left and right - DONE

Transfers IN:
Podolski (LW/ST - £2m - Arsenal)

Kuyt (LW/RW/CAM - £375k - Stoke)

Ogbonna (LB/CB - £6m - Torino)

Wijnaldum (LW/RW/CAM - £9m - Dortmund)

And finally, I asked the board for funds to buy this player (He was listed by request)...

Wayne Rooney (ST/CAM - £16m - Manchester United

Transfers OUT:

Iago Falque (£500k to Malaga)

Mbiwa (£22.5m to PSG)

Weiser (£100k per month Loan to Fulham)

And now the problem. Unfortunately, I was not aware Strootman had a match highest earner clause in his contract. When the board signed Rooney on £130k a week, Strootman wages shot up to match that. I tried to ship him off, but there was only an hour left of the window. Whoever takes over from me has a big decision on his hands, as Strootman is undoubtedly a great player, but is he worth that much?

EDIT: By the way, I just checked and Rooney also has a match highest earner clause, so be warned!

There will be screenshots of all new signings in a Transfer roundup in a minute!
All fixtures will be shown after that!

Last edited:

Transfer Round-up

Overall, I think it has been an excellent window for us. I have spent a net of £30m, at the same time getting rid of ALOT of deadwood.

Transfers:

Transfer Targets:
2 wingers, who can play on the left and right - DONE

Transfers IN:

Britton (DM/Reseves Manager - Free - Free Agent)

Alex (AM/ST - £1.8m - Mineiro)

Agape (CM - £6.75m - Rennes)

Haas (ST - £9m + Add-ons - Bayern)

Carmona (DM/CM - £9.5m - Atalanta)

Carbone (LB - Free - Caen)

Weiser (AML/AMR - Free - Bayern)

Javi Garcia (DM/CM - Loan - Man City)

Castellano (CB - £22.5m - Juventus)

Campos Toro (LB/LM/LW - £3.8m - Udinese)

Natxo Monreal (LB - £10.5m (Release Clause) - Arsenal)

Podolski (LW/ST - £2m - Arsenal)

Kuyt (LW/RW/CAM - £375k - Stoke)

Ogbonna (LB/CB - £6m - Torino)

Wijnaldum (LW/RW/CAM - £9m - Dortmund)

And finally, I asked the board for funds to buy this player (He was listed by request)...

Wayne Rooney (ST/CAM - £16m - Manchester United

The following were already agreed before I got the save:

Tino (CB/DM/CM - £2.3m - Roma)

Cobian (AMR/ST - £9.5m - Lanus)

Miller (DC - £450k - Ipswich)

Onslow (LB - Free - Free Agent)

Cakir (GK - £725k - West Ham)

Neal Maupay (ST - Free - Nice)

Bony (ST - Free - Vitesse)

Transfers OUT:

Dempsey (Released)

Johnson
(Released)

Olic
(Released)

Aarons
(Released)

Satka
(Released)

Amalfitano
(Released)

Motta (Free to Huddersfield)

Leonardo (Loan - £140k a month - Monchengladbach (Think I spelt that right))

Bigirama (£1m to Burnley)

Campbell (Loan to Notts County)

Vuckic (£2.4m to Cagliari)

Acquafresca (£5.75m to Genoa)

Curtis Goode (£1.4m to Cagliari)

Denilson (£5.75m to Blackburn)

Iago Falque (£500k to Malaga)

Mbiwa (£22.5m to PSG)

Weiser (£100k per month Loan to Fulham)

The following were already agreed before I got the save:

Shane Fergeson (£7.5m to Celtic)

Streete (£200k to Charlton)

Gouffran (£2.5m to Nancy)

Necid (£3.1m to Huddersfield)

Coloccini (£5m to Valencia (
cry.gif
))

Screenshots of player in (In order of when they were signed):

View attachment 378896View attachment 378897View attachment 378898View attachment 378899View attachment 378900View attachment 378902View attachment 378903View attachment 378904View attachment 378905View attachment 378906View attachment 378907View attachment 378908View attachment 378909View attachment 378910View attachment 378911View attachment 378912View attachment 378913View attachment 378914View attachment 378915View attachment 378916View attachment 378917View attachment 378918View attachment 378919

July/August Update

Results:

Pre-season:

A decent pre-season, winning 5 out of 6, and only conceding twice (Both in the game we lost to Ajaccio).
The goals were shared around the team, although Mbiwa disappointed me. However, I never judge anything on pre-season.

View attachment 378930

Europa League:

We dominated all 4 matches to get into the group stages, although we were less than impressive. Our weaknesses at set pieces showed, scoring none from them and conceding all but one of the goals.
We also seem to struggle to but chances away, as shown in the screenshots below:

View attachment 378931
View attachment 378932View attachment 378934View attachment 378935
View attachment 378936

As you can see, we have also been drawn in a quite tough group with Valencia, along with 2 long distance trips to the Czech Republic and Romania.

Premier League:

Very pleased so far. Solid at the back (The 1 goal we have conceded was again from a corner), and created tonnes of chances. Unfortunately, we are still struggling to actually finish them. We completely outplayed United, but just couldn't get the finishing touch!

View attachment 378937

View attachment 378938

League Cup:

We have drawn Wigan at home in the first round. I am not bothered about this cup, so it will be used for youngsters and to get match fitness.

Conclusion:
Overall, a very strong start. Very tough defensively, creating chances is also no problem for us. However, we can't make the most of them - and our biggest weakness under me is set pieces. Mbiwa failed to impress me, so I decided to move him on as he wasn't in my first team plans.

Hopefully we can push on after the international break, and I am looking for Wayne Rooney to get onto the end of these moves.

Targets:
My minimum expectations for September is to 7 out of 9 points in the league, and get at least a draw against Valencia. As I said, I am not to concerned with the league cup, although of course I will still be hoping to advance.

View attachment 378939

Awards:
New signing Castellano won the Young Player of the Month
Joel Matip got in the Team of the Week
Sissoko came 3rd in the Goal of the Month for one of his strikes again Fulham

My Player of the Month:
Moussa Sissoko:
2Q==

He came off the bench in both the Gaz Metan games, not really making an impact. However, he started all the other matches.
He started on the opening day against Fulham, scoring all three goals in a 3-1 win (And bagging the PoM)
In the 1st leg again Moscow, he was average, getting a solid 6.8 rating.
B
ut against United he was one of our best midfielders, playing in deeper than before, he made a few important tackles, and sprayed through-balls like Xavi.
In the 2nd leg, he was superb, getting an assist and creating another.
A
gainst Blackburn he tee'd up Cisse for the only goal, fantastically back heeling the ball into Cisse's path!

Stats for the Month;
Games Played:5(2)
Scored:
Assists:
PoMs:
Avg. Rating:
Bookings:
Best Match:
vs Fulham (9.6)
Worst Match:
vs Gaz Metan 1st Leg (6.2 off the bench)

Last edited:
Course we are dude!! I am not letting another pass the parcel game go dead!! lol

Next update soon??

Can't get on it today, but tonight I plan to play until the end of September, do an update at the end of November (Tomorrow/early Tuesday max) before doing the December and final update on Tuesday/wednesday :)

Can't get on it today, but tonight I plan to play until the end of September, do an update at the end of November (Tomorrow/early Tuesday max) before doing the December and final update on Tuesday/wednesday :)

Sounds good dude!!

Bad news... the save file got corrupted :/ The last save I have that works the day after deadline day :(

Going to be at least an extra day onto the targets I set...