Pass The Parcel Story - Arsenal

• Thread starter Ryan Woolnough
  • Start date
  • Replies 97
  • Views 12K
I would make suggestion if you guys interested.Dont sell too much players now and wait for the tycoon to arrive for your club :p.You can also go in administration though lol .

I'm not taking that risk. My role in this save now is to sort out the finances essentially. Sell big, replace cheaply. Whilst continuing to win... gonna be tough :p

Small question, what is Rosicky on leave for a month for?

Paying him £50k a week to go on holiday, and I can't sell or loan him :S

He was homesick and whenever I see that I send them on leave

Sent from Galaxy SII using Tapatalk

Transfer window finished, update in a minute! VERY buys deadline day for us.

View attachment 475804

Transfer Round-up

It has been an very good transfer window for us. We have broken even on the net transfer spend, and because I got rid of high earners we actually have got alot more money to spend if we wanted.

However, we are still in financial trouble... So please spend carefully, and keep wages as low as possible. DON'T buy players for the sake of it, even if you think it is a bargain!!!

Alonso still needs to be sold, as on deadline day he rejected Norwich and Sociedad's contract offer, wanting a higher salary. I had agreed fee's of £10.5m.

Transfers:

Transfer Targets:
RB
CB/DM
CM

Transfers IN:

Fernando (CB - Free - Corinthians)

Diabaté (AMR/ST - £4.7m - PSG)

Halilovic (MC/R/AMC/R - £7.25m - Dinamo)

Aurier (RB - £10.25m - Toulouse)

The following were already agreed before I got the save:

Rooney (AMC/ST - £10.25m - Manchester United)

Dongou (ST - £5m - Barca)

Transfers OUT:

Djourou (£6.75m to Fiorentina)

Eisfeld
(£4k/pm Loan to Ipswich)

Diaby (£100k/pm Loan to Southampton)

Martinez
(£20m to Manchester City)

Fabianski (Free to Villa)

Coquelin (£4m to Fulham)

Son Heung-Min (£180k/pm loan to Ajax)

TOTAL:
IN: £22.15m
OUT: £25.7m
NET: -£3.55m
Reduced wage budget by almost £300k a week!

Screenshots of player in (In order of when they were signed):

View attachment 475791View attachment 475790View attachment 475789View attachment 475795

Last edited:
View attachment 475788

Season So Far

A very good season so far, only a point off 1st placed Aston Villa, and easily through the UCL Group stages to face AC Milan in the next round. We face Manchester United in the 3rd round of the FA Cup on the 5th of December.

We did go out in the COC in a 3-1 loss to Crystal Palace, but not a big deal as I don't regard that trophy as important anyway.

Results:

Premier League:

Consistent form, with a massive surprise package in Aston Villa the only thing keeping us off the top of the table.

2 losses in a row just before the end of December means Villa have caught us up, but I am extremely confident we will win the title easily.

View attachment 475778

Champions League:

A tough group involving Galatasaray and Ajax, aswell as Steaua Bucharest, but we coasted through it, winning our first 5 games and drawing our last against Galatasaray.

Unfortunately, we got drawn with one of the hardest runner-ups in AC Milan.

View attachment 475775View attachment 475774

FA Cup:

We play Manchester United on the 5th of January (My first game in charge!)
View attachment 475772

League Cup:

Not a particularly glamorous trophy to win, so I wouldn't of taken it seriously anyway. After a comfortable 3-0 win over Cardiff, we were knocked out against Crystal Palace 3-1 - although we did use a very weakened team.
View attachment 475773

League Cup:

We won on penalties after a 1-1 draw with Manchester City.
View attachment 475771

Conclusion:
The first half of the season under Ryan has been very good, setting us up for a possible treble! The finances pose a big problem though, and need to be watched.

Targets:
I would be disappointed if I didn't win the Premier League and the Champions League.
But I also hope to win the FA Cup as well, but a tie away to United could prove tricky.

January Update

View attachment 475768
January Update

Results:

Premier League:

My first league was a tie against Everton at home, who are surprisingly bottom of the league!

We hammered Everton from start to finish, although only taking the lead through a Leighton Baines Penalty shortly after half-time.

Then Papadopoulos doubled our lead in the 80th minute, only for them to pull one back in the 90th. Despite this, it was still a comfortable win, which we never looked like losing.
View attachment 475764

Next up was another match against Man Utd. Again we dominated them, keeping the ball well and not letting them get a real chance.
Only the heroics of man of the match De Gea and Rooney's poor shooting prevented a rout.
View attachment 475763

Our final game in January was a tricky away match against now 2nd placed Villa.

We took the lead early on through Lewandowski (36th min), who replaced Rooney as I dropped him after his poor game against United.
However, Villa refused to roll over, and showed why they were the only real challengers to our title.

Just after halftime, former Spurs player Townsend rocketed in a stunner to level the scores.

The match seemed like it was heading for a draw, as neither team created many chances.

But in the 90th minute, Lewandowski finished off a good move after a fantastic through ball by Super Jack, stealing the 3 points from Villa.

View attachment 475762

View attachment 475759View attachment 475758

FA Cup:

In my first match, I had to go to Old Trafford in the FA Cup.

Due to the team still getting used to my tactics, and a few first teamers unsettled as I tried to move them on, I was a bit nervous about this match.

I shouldn't of been.

We easily outpassed and outclassed United, storming into a 3-0 lead thanks to Lamela, Wilshere and substitute Chamberlain.

They did pull one back through a (offside) Hernandez goal, but it was too little, too late!
View attachment 475761

In the next round we had to travel to Hillsborough to play Sheffield Wednesday. I expected a win, and decided to give youngsters lik
e Zelalem, Maupay, Christon a match.

They let me down a bit though, failing to create a good enough opening to break the deadlock, so now we have to go to a replay on the 12th February.

View attachment 475760

View attachment 475757

Conclusion:
3 wins out of 2 in the league is very pleasing, and I am delighted to of got past United so easily in the FA Cup.
However, the 0-0 draw with Sheffield wasn't good enough, and overall Rooney has been poor.

Targets:
We should be able to get 9 points out of 9 in the league, along with progression against Wednesday.
We have a tough visit to the San Siro at the end of the month, and I am just going to take that match as it comes. As long as we aren't thrashed, I will remain confident of going through over the 2 legs.

Awards:
Papo (Sick of typing it out! :p) got 2nd in Young Player of the Month
Chamberlain got 3rd in YPotM
We got Manager of the Month
View attachment 475747View attachment 475746

My Player of the Month:
Jack Wilshere:
View attachment 475745

Got a goal and an assist against United in the FA Cup, covering 8 miles (Most by any player), completing 5/5 tackles and 33/39 passes before getting injured in the 86th minute. [8.1]
Against Everton, he again got an assist and covered the most ground (8.6 miles) [7.5]
Solid performance against United before getting subbed in the 76th minute. He won 7 out of 8 tackles, and made 35 passes. [7.1]
Came off the bench against Sheffield, but didn't have much time to make a mark [6.5]
Man of the Match against Villa, assisting both goals (Including a magnificent long field through ball in the 90th minute), again running his socks off (9.3 miles) and winning the ball 22 times! [8.9]

Stats for the Month;
Games Played:4(1)
Scored:
Assists:4

PoMs:1

Avg. Rating:
Bookings:
1 Yellow
Best Match:
vs Aston Villa (8.9)
Worst Match:
vs Sheffield United (6.5)

What do people think to the layout? Too crowded/too colourful? Any info you'd like to see that I don't put? :)

February Update

Results:

Premier League:

A close game with Norwich to start the month, and a good win which also had Aurier and Halilovic making their debuts.

We kept possession fairly well, although we sometimes kept it to much, not getting it forward and making enough chances. So early on I tweaked the tactic to be more direct and straight away we got a goal through Lewandowski.

Norwich continued to put up a fight and were solid at the back, although never really threatening the excellent Mertesacker and Co. (Showing why he should never of been in the reserves)

The Ox scored a tremendous goal on the break after dribbling from inside our half to slot it away well.
View attachment 475592

Cardiff next, and with a few players needing a rest I gave starts to Richards, Gibbs, Ramsey and Zelalem.

All 3 played very well, and this was a very comfortable win against an inferior Welsh team.

The biggest surprise was that Lewandowski - despite scoring - was poor, missing a few chances. Luckily it didn't make a difference but on another day it could.
View attachment 475591

Our 3rd match in a week, and our last League game of the month (Despite it only being the 8th Feb) meant that I had to rotate the squad again, keeping one eye on the FA Cup tie and more still, the AC Milan Match.

A similar starting XI to last time, except Fernando made his debut, and Alonso made his first start under me.

The highlight of a close - and boring - match was Rooney finally scoring his first goal for us. He has been very poor and if I was Tillie, I would look to get him of the wage bill in the Summer.

View attachment 475590

View attachment 475597View attachment 475596

FA Cup:

Sheffield were again very good at defending, keeping 10 men behind the ball and making it very difficult for us.

It looked to be heading to extra-time when it was still 0-0 in the 70th minute, but the always reliable Lamela came off the bench to almost instantly break the deadlock, cutting in from the right to blast one in off the post.

Maupay - coming on for the pretty **** Rooney - doubled the lead and made it look much more comfortable 10 minutes later, scoring a poachers goal after their 'keeper spilled the ball.
View attachment 475589

In the next round we had was seemed an easy tie against Hull City Tigers, top of the Championship.

And although they never looked like preventing us getting 5 clean sheets in a row, Maupay's 35th minute striker was the only difference between the 2 sides.

View attachment 475588

Champions League:

I knew this would be a tough match, but I named what is probably our strongest side, and remained optimistic of getting at least a draw.

Unfortunately, we were extremely poor in the first half. We couldn't pass, couldn't mark, and Baines, Aurier, Koscielny and Szczesny all had stinkers.

This was typified in their first goal (Screenshots below), where a seemingly harmless long ball behind the defenders was going to roll to Wojiech in our box.

Instead, he decided to rush out for it and try to head it away (Joe Hart-esque), straight to Nocerino who effortlessly thundered into the open net from 30 yards out!

3-0 down at half time, things looked bad.

Thankfully, the 2nd half was MUCH better, bringing the scoreline back to 3-2, and having 2 goals dubiously cancelled for offside.
View attachment 475586
View attachment 475577View attachment 475576

Conclusion:
Continued my 100% record in the league, keeping 5 clean sheets in a row whilst scoring 11.
Unfortunately, I also suffered my first defeat (It was also the first time we have been behind at any point in a match!)
However, 2 away goals means that we still have a very good chance of progressing, and Zelalem and Maupay have both been excellent when given chances!

Targets:
Very tough month coming up, with 7 matches.
In the league we have the NLD, as well as playing Liverpool and Chelsea.
I aim to get 10 points this month, as well overturning the Milan loss to go through.
Playing at Anfield is tougher than I would of liked, but we still have a good chance of beating them aswell.
The Treble is still on!!!

Awards:
Oxlade-Chamberlain won the Young Player of the Month award.
New boy Aurier got 3rd in YPotM, showing why I was right to spend so much on him
We again got Manager of the Month
View attachment 475559View attachment 475558

My Player of the Month:
Erik Lamela:
View attachment 475556

Stayed on the bench against Norwich.
Got a goal and an assist against Cardiff, before getting subbed in the 60th minute. [8.4]
Scored the opener against Swansea, and he was our best player [7.8]
Came off the bench against Sheffield, finally breaking the deadlock, and it was his shot that led to Maupay's goal [7.4]
Played the whole match against Hull, he was decent, although not great. [7.1]
Assisted Lewandowski against Milan, although overall he wasn't as good as he can be [7.1]

Stats for the Month;
Games Played:4(1)
Scored:
Assists:2

PoMs:0

Avg. Rating:
Bookings:
Best Match:
vs Cardiff (8.4)
Worst Match:
vs Hull (7.1)

Last edited:
Not been on FM today, and I'm out most of tomorrow so the next update will either be tomorrow late on or Wednesday, then I will finish the rest of the season off the day after probably :)

Who am I giving it to next?

Scotty98TR have you finished

Scotty98TR have you finished

Sorry guys i cant commit to this at the moment!! Just got my shifts for the next few weeks and it is hellish plus i am away this weekend.

I will still follow this, sorry for letting you down guys.

Dw T1LL13 we can just move the order around. If either Hearn or philliar are available they can take the save on

Sorry lads, my laptop got infected by a serious virus and I have had to restore it to few days ago. I have lost most of the data from the pass the parcel save (The last save I have was in February) :/