PASS THE PARCEL - THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CHALLENGE

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
images

Hello. So the title says it all really!!!! After a little discussion between myself, Stonecold, Sam91 and LovanoFM we have decided to start our very own pass the parcel story - simples.

The aim is to win the Champions League with every team that has won it previously from Barca to Steaua Bucharest, Real Madrid to Hamburg and Chelsea to Celtic so we will see how we get on. The original post to the challenge can be found here......

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ybos-ultimate-champions-league-challenge.html

--

The order of play is........

LovanoFM
Stonecold

Klippybo
Sam91 (replaced by coolmcool)

--

Thats it really! Lovano and myself will probably be streaming our seasons so come and watch when it is our turn. We plan to do a season each and the moment the final game of the season ends the next player takes over. It will probably be 6 monthly updates instead of the usual detailed stories that we do but who knows - each may do it differently.

Hopefully we can get at least a dozen clubs done (think there are 23 possible) as with 4 players the seasons will be done quickly and the save hopefully wont lose its appeal as it will be a fresh challenge each time you receive it.

Hopefully I wont get landed with Man Utd while I know Stonecold hates Liverpool so I may leave him with that job lol

We all hope you will follow and feel free to comment!!

images

--

AT A GLANCE TABLE

SEASON
PLAYER
CLUB
LEAGUE
CUP
LEAGUE CUP
CHAMPIONS LGE
CLUB W CUP
E. SUPER CUP
2012-13
LovanoFM
Chelsea
WINNERS
QF
QF
WINNERS
-
RU
2013-14
Stonecold
Chelsea
WINNERS
3rdR
3rdR
WINNERS
WINNERS
RU
2014-15
Klippybo
Bayern Munich
WINNERS
WINNERS
-
WINNERS
-
-
2015-16
Sam91/LovanoFM
Borussia Dortmund
WINNERS
2ndR
-
QF
-
-
2016-17
LovanoFM
Juventus
WINNERS
WINNERS
-
WINNERS
WINNERS
WINNERS
2017-18
Stonecold
Benfica
WINNERS
5thR
RU
1st Round
-
-
2018-19
Klippybo
Benfica Celtic
WINNERS
-
WINNERS
Group Stage
SF

-
-
2019-20
coolmcool
Celtic
WINNERS

WINNERS
SF
-
-
2020-21
LovanoFM
Celtic
WINNERS
WINNERS
WINNERS
WINNERS
-
-
2021-22
Stonecold

2022-23
Klippybo

2023-24
coolmcool

2024-25
LovanoFM

--

Last edited:
---Chelsea---

View attachment 374898

So I have the added pressure of going first in this save. We all decided on being Chelsea first which is reasonable for me considering I got a fair bit of money to spend on reshaping the side.

---Signings---

View attachment 374899

I spent about an hour just looking through the market and comparing different players that would suit the side. I finally decided on the 4 players that you can see in the screen shot.

Soldado - A natural goalscorer something which Chelsea have lacked in the past seasons.

Dede&Subotic - Two amazing CB's that will definitely strengthen the sides defensive vulnerabilities.

Lars Bender - Lars is a great deep lying playmaker and a BWM which are the roles I use in my CM positions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Premier League---

View attachment 374902

So here the BPL games from August to December. I will give you an overview of the big matches played so far.

Chelsea 2 - 1 Tottenham
Hazard(2)

Hazard scored both goals in this derby which saw us come out victorious.

Liverpool 0 - 4 Chelsea
Soldado(2), Mata, Ramires

Amazing result against Liverpool. Stonecold will be very pleased with this one.

Chelsea 2 - 3 Man City

Should have beat City but new boy Negredo proved a tough task to keep out.

Chelsea 2 - 0 Arsenal
Soldado, Oscar

Stong performance against Arsenal. These are the sort of games we need to be winning if we want to lift the Premier League trophy.

Chelsea 3 - 0 Man Utd
Oscar(2), Terry

Oscar playing amazing again netting two and Terry added insult to injury when he headed in the third late on.
View attachment 374905

Bayern 2 - 1 Chelsea
Lampard

We came so close against Bayern but there team is to superior just like in real life. Ribery scored both goals as he just danced around our defence.

---Capital One & FA Cup---

C1C: We beat West Ham and Wigan in the 3rd&4th rounds respectively. We then unexpectedly lost against Derby 1-0 in the quarter finals

FAC: Struggled in the 3rd round against Bolton but ended up winning 2-1. We then beat Man City in the 4th round 3-0.

---5th round draw---

View attachment 374906
View attachment 374907

Our Champions League consisted of Chelsea, Marseille, Leverkusen and Galatasaray.

Chelsea 5 - 0 Leverkusen
Oscar, Mata(2), Wollscheid (OG), Soldado

OM 2 - 4 Chelsea
Soldado(2), Oscar, Lampard

Chelsea 0 - 0 Galatasaray

Galatasaray 5 -2 Chelsea
Moses, Hazard

I haven't been adding comments to these but let me just say this was an absolute joke of a performance. Ok?

Leverkusen 1 - 0 Chelsea

Chelsea 2 - 1 OM
Mata, Lukaku

View attachment 374908

Your probably thinking great, 1st place in the group means he must get a ' easier ' team out of the two that qualified from the other groups. I can assure you that is not the case here.

View attachment 374909

Oh yeah that's right last time I tried this challenge I was Barcelona and drew Bayern in the 1st round. Now im Chelsea and I draw Barcelona. Beginners luck I suppose!

Last edited:
Nice start Lovano you put Tottenham instead of Chelsea on one of the results though -__-

sounds as though i will be taking over imminently already - jeezo!!!!!

Mr Kris remember the speed you went through Bilbao last year? and take away all the work you would do with the youth team sice we dont care about that

Mr Kris remember the speed you went through Bilbao last year? and take away all the work you would do with the youth team sice we dont care about that

No chance - development of youngsters for future teams also.

Plus the youth team is one of my favourite parts of the game!

Streaming at 10pm head over to twitch.tv/lovanofm

Haha klippy. Always about the youth. As long as no 1 signs maupay or w Hughes for at least 5 season. If I see 1 more story starting with these two signings il be raging.

Haha klippy. Always about the youth. As long as no 1 signs maupay or w Hughes for at least 5 season. If I see 1 more story starting with these two signings il be raging.

We are looking for instant success as its just about winning the Champs League so I doubt we will be :D

Liking this group of players, always been a (mostly silent) follower of everyone's stories so I think this will be great!

We are looking for instant success as its just about winning the Champs League so I doubt we will be :D
Might sign them just because I can. Dunno what everyone's problem is with people signing them two. Everyone did it last year with Fierro and Erick Torres jeez.

Might sign them just because I can. Dunno what everyone's problem is with people signing them two. Everyone did it last year with Fierro and Erick Torres jeez.

My final update is coming in a hot secondo:p

View attachment 375013

The season has came to an end so lets get this review done as it has been a very long day of FM for me.

---Premier League---

View attachment 375014

Like usual I am going to go over the key fixtures against the big teams in the matches played.

Tottenham 0 - 3 Chelsea
Soldado, Caulker(OG), Lampard

A good victory at White Hart Lane against a very strong spurs side.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea 2 - 0 Liverpool
Lampard, Hazard

That makes it 2 out of 2 against Liverpool. Our team was to strong for a crumbling Liverpool side.

Man City 2 - 4 Chelsea
Lukaku(2), Schurrle(2)

City went 2-0 up from danger man Negredo once again but Lukaku gave Soldado a run for his money before Schurrle added an extra two.

Arsenal 4 - 2 Chelsea

Arsenal were to good in this match we scored two but it just wasn't enough because they just kept answering back.

Man Utd 2 - 0 Chelsea

****. Before this game there was 2 points between me and City in 2nd. Lets hope City slipped up in their final game away to Fulham.
View attachment 375015

Oh of course they did. Jelle Vossen scored for Fulham in the 19th minute before Negredo scored in the 50th minute. Luckily enough the game ended 1-1 which meant we won the BPL by 1 point. To close for my liking but hey ho.

View attachment 375017

---FA Cup---

We beat Blackpool in the 5th round 2-1 before losing to Man Utd the winners of the tournament 2-0.
View attachment 375016

---Other News---

Celtic win the SPL

Bayern win the Bundesliga

Monaco win the Ligue 1

PSV win the Eredivisie

Juventus win the Serie A

Porto win the Primera Liga

Madrid win the BBVA

---BPL awards---

Soldado wins Top goalscorer (25 goals)

Cech wins Golden Glove

Oscar wins Players young player

Hazard wins player of the year

I win manager of the year

---Player of the season---

View attachment 375018

Soldado was the best signing by far contributing to many of the teams goals. I thought the picture of him in a Spurs shirt looked rather tasty ( Im a spurs fan :D )

View attachment 375024

---Champions League Final---

View attachment 375021

Chelsea vs Porto

I didn't know what to expect of this game because Porto have caused some upsets along the way. I was going planning on going into the match all guns blazing and attack Porto's defensive vulnerabilities from the off. So let's see how the game played out.

View attachment 375022

Champions! Champions! Champions! To be honest I cannot believe it. I did not think for one minute we was going to overcome some of the teams we had to face in the earlier stages. But Porto proved a tough task taking us all the way to extra time. Leaving it late seems like Chelsea's way of doing things in the important cups so that's how I had to do it. Soldado was given a break because Hazard and Schurrle wanted to take matters into the own hands. Two goals in three minutes meant that one of the 22 teams are down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I am going to go through the road up to the final.

1st Knockout Round - Barcelona

Barcelona 2 - 1 Chelsea
Soldado

Chelsea 1 - 0 Barcelona
Van Ginkel

Soldado haunting his spanish team mates in this game when he scored that vital away goal. Van Ginkel then made sure we were going through on that away goal scored.

Quarter Finals - Arsenal

Chelsea 3 - 1 Arsenal
Lampard, Bender, Soldado

Arsenal 4 - 2 Chelsea
Soldado, Bertrand

Can these games get any closer. I thought the away goal scored by them was going to haunt us but our two away goals in the return leg meant that we went through. The scary thing about this game is that Bertrand scored in the 93rd minute.

Semi Finals - Juventus

Chelsea 3 - 0 Juventus
Soldado, Bender, Lampard

Juventus 1 - 1 Chelsea
Storari (OG)

Thought Juve were going to be a difficult test but we breezed past them winning 4-1 on aggregate. Soldado, Bender and Lampard all scored in our home tie against Arsenal and they the done the same thing against Juve.

View attachment 375030

Next up is Stonecold the Aberdeen legend himself.

I've played the game up to July 1st and no jobs came up so i'll be starting the season with Chelsea if another job comes up i'll probably go there failing that i'll be going for the bonus points for retaining the Champions League, Winning it unbeaten ect. Will get going tomorrow.