Reaction score
I am looking for 4 people for this game.

The concept is a very simple one, I will start a game up in FM2012 on the newes update, and then play 6 months as a team of or choice (I will put it to a vote). Each player will play for 6 months and then pass on the game to the next player and will continue indefiniely. This is to see how we can work together to further or mangerial career. Who will sell the star wonderkid? Who will take he job at Manchester United?

This thread will be for discussion on our progress and then for us to report back to the other players at the end of our six months.

1. SuperKevinNolan
2. I7IDanny
3. Jamo456
4. smithc71
5. parsfan

To sign up just post your suggestion for which team we should manage from the following list:
Borssia Dortmund, Ajax, Chivas, Santos

Last edited:
I like the idea of this but im too involved in my own game atm , will be keeping a close eye on this but . Good Luck

I'm interested, but not completely just yet.

I'm interested, quite like Ajax, but Dortmund are good too, don't really mind on team tbh

OK I'll put you both on the list, lfc4 shall I put you down 4th so you'll have time to decide whether to drop out or not?

I will start the game as Dortmund then and pass the save on to Danny on December 31 with an update on how I'm doing

I would join in but I'm to involved in other saves and I've got exams coming up

My six month reign as Dortmund manager has came to an end and so I hand the reigns over to I7IDanny to finish the season and build on what I started. Here is what I have achieved:

Bundesliga
We are currently sitting 2nd in the Bundesliga, after setting an initial expectation of Europa League Qualification (I knew that we would be title contenders but decided to play it safe.) I was left with a fairly low transfer budget because of the Marco Reus move being agreed before I took charge (he will come in next season.) The only signing of my first 6 months is Carlos Fierro, who will be joining at the start of next season. Some of the more dissapointing results in the league were the loss to Shalke, the draw at home against Bayern, and the baffling loss to Hannover. The league is still very much ours to win!

View attachment 238541

German Cup
I've progressed into the final stages of the German Cup after a 2-0 win over Stuttgart, and we are still within a shot of winning the cup.

Champions League
We were handed a very tough group alongside Manchester United, AC Milan and FC Copenhagen, but I managed to guide the team to the knockout stages. Wins over Milan and Copenhagen, holding Milan to a draw at the San Siro and then beating Man U at home were enough to see us into second place in the group. However, Danny's job is much harder after being drawn against Real Madrid in the next round!

German Super Cup
An absolute demolition of Shalke handed us the trophy, if you care :p

View attachment 238569View attachment 238570 (My preffered line-up and the selection info of the team)

I will PM I7IDanny the save

OK, so looking at the team, I have come to a couple conclusions.

Goalkeeper - With Wiedenfieler our only half decent GK, I feel that a backup with potential could be a good option. Looking at the market, I'll most likely make a move for Ter Stegen on loan, with an option at the end of the year. Or an end of season move - depending on price.

Wing Backs - This is my main focus area. We only have 1 good right back and 1 good left back. I'll be looking mainly at a backup player who can play both sides. Maybe Nathaniel Clyne from Crystal Palace?

Striker - Again, a good potential backup here, due to only having Lewandoski and Barrios as decent players. You've mainly covered this with grabbing Fierro at the end of the year. Might look to see if Welbeck or Macheda are available for 6 month loan deals for cover.

Tactics - Looking at results and familiarity, why change what's not broken? I'll be sticking with the 4-1-2-2-1 you've implemented.

I was looking at ter Stegen myself earlier in the season as Wiedenfieler picked up an injury leading to a few too many conceded goals whilst playing the backup keeper, I'd aim for a keeper first and foremost.

Clyne is a good shout as well and would be perfect backup.

I was looking at ter Stegen myself earlier in the season as Wiedenfieler picked up an injury leading to a few too many conceded goals whilst playing the backup keeper, I'd aim for a keeper first and foremost.

Clyne is a good shout as well and would be perfect backup.

I've had a scout around and picked up Sime Vrsaljko, as he was unhappy at Dinamo, for the full back position for £3m (Over 48 months).

I've listed a couple of squad players too. Would be good to look at picking up a keeper then, however I feel that Alex Smithies, Alphonse Areola or Laurentu Branescu may be cheaper options to Ter Stegen.

The board have just increased the Transfer Budget to 8.25m after (apparently) "Changing the Expectations".... Yet I'm still on Euro Cup Qualification :)

Last edited:
well done superkevinnolan hopefully Danny can keep up the good form :D

Ok, so:

Transfers:

Sime Vrsaljko (£3.3m, Dinamo)
A versitile wing-back who can play either side and higher up the field. At only 20 has masses of potential too. Was unhappy at Dinamo, however I was forced into moving quickly by Porto bidding for him.
View attachment 238618View attachment 238619

Laurentiu Branescu (Loan with £3m buyout, Juventus)
Branescu is one of the brightest goalkeeping prospects in Europe and will be well worth the £3m buyout clause after his loan finishes. Was the cheaper option behind Ter Stegen, however still has the potential to be an excellent goalkeeper.
View attachment 238620View attachment 238621

Sergi Roberto (£1.7m, Barcelona)
Roberto was a strange signing. With the goalkeeper and wing-back areas sorted and the striker position covered with the arrival of Fierro at the end of the season, and with no reasonable targets available, I felt the centre midfield area could do with a prospect. When I found out that 4-star potential Roberto was listed for only £1.7m (£3m less than his market value!), I moved quickly. He is also on a very cheap contract at only £2k p/w, Backup.
View attachment 238622View attachment 238623

Davide Petrucci (Free, Manchester United)
Basically, a decent prospect with good technical stats for a free transfer and next to nothing wages, what's not to like?
View attachment 238633View attachment 238634

Last edited:
Taking over in December, it was my job to see us through to the end of the season. Along with the transfers above, I sold Shinji Kagawa for £18m and brought in Marko Marin for only £6m - also cutting the wages quite considerably. Along with Reus coming in the summer, I felt Kagawa could be let go for the money we got. There is also a deal to make Laurentiu Branescu's deal permanent for £3m.

Bundesliga:
Keeping hold of 2nd was always going to be tough. The team just would not perform at lower clubs - dropping points at Augsburg, Freiburg, Hertha and Mainz were big hits to our league push. Last minute goals were a problem too, Stuttgart and Bayern were two that sprung to mind.

However we secured Champions League football next season, in part to big wins over HSV, Koln, Leverkusen and other teams in the chasing pack.
View attachment 239127

This squad really has a serious problem with morale - too many times I had to arrange friendlies against lower league clubs just to get the team's hopes back up.

German Cup:
Being drawn against Leverkusen in the quarters, we played well and had 2 goals ruled out, one wrongly, and had Persic miss a sitter before KieBling scored in the 91st minute to take Leverkusen through with a 1-0 win.

Champions League:
We. Were. Annihilated. By Real Madrid. 8-0 on aggregate.

Anyway, here is my preferred squad. and a couple of top prospects.
View attachment 239128
View attachment 239130View attachment 239129

I'll PM the next manager the save today.

Last edited:
Ouch sorry guys can't play this for some time got finals coming up