fmisawesome

Reaction score
southampton-fc-logo.jpg

FA Cup: 1976
League 1: 1960
Football League Trophy: 2010

So, this will be another 'pass the parcel' story. For those who don't know, the idea is that the three managers fmisawesome, SammyJH94 and AdamG23 take control of a club and manage it for six months, before passing the save on to the next person who will then take control. We have decided to start with Southampton a club that despite having been around the top end of English football, have not won too many trophies. I will be starting, followed by AdamG2and then SammyJH94. Now, lets have a look at what I have started with.

View attachment 345715

So the aim for this season is to avoid relegation - I was playing safe and I hope I don't screw up that badly. A 4 million transfer budget is not great but I'm hoping to bring in one or two decent signings and offload some dead wood.

The Squad

View attachment 345718

These are the best two players in every position according to my assistant manager, we have good depth in our team, but I feel that the central defence is currently our weak point.
Key Players

View attachment 345721
Gaston Ramirez is our key player, and at the age of 21, still has a lot of time to develop, and could turn into a world class player soon

View attachment 345722

Luke Shaw is our best young prospect. Only 17, he has the potential to be one of the best left backs in the world, and holding onto him over the next few years will be a major challenge.

View attachment 345725

Nathaniel Clyne is a very solid young right back who will be a key member of the team over the following years, and I hope he can grow with the club.

Okay, that's it for now, I will update with another post about transfers soon, and hopefully we can transform Southampton into one of the best teams in the world

St_Marys.jpg

fmisawesome

Motivational Music: Fort Minor - Remember The Name (OFFICIAL Video) HD - YouTube

Last edited:
Cant wait for the next update mate! also cant wait to take on this challenge!

Try not set the bar to high now :)!

I hope I'm not the one to get us relegated! Hoping for a good start from the first gaffer!

Good luck, lads. A sign from 2026 - Southampton just eliminated Liverpool in Capital One cup 2-0 at Anfield, only contenders to go out at this stage :)
And don't be shy with expectations, but if you somehow end up in the Championship after your first season, I bet AdamG23 will be to blame!

Good luck, lads. A sign from 2026 - Southampton just eliminated Liverpool in Capital One cup 2-0 at Anfield, only contenders to go out at this stage :)
And don't be shy with expectations, but if you somehow end up in the Championship after your first season, I bet AdamG23 will be to blame!

Glad to see that you have such faith in me!

Southampton have some amazing youth at the start dont they? Just hold onto them and you will be fine :)

Preseason Report

Preseason

Firstly, I sacked most of the staff and replaced them. Our training facilities are also rated five stars, which should be ideal for developing our young players. We also have top youth facilities and a 'well established youth recruitment'. Below is the new assistant manager:

View attachment 346111

Friendlies

View attachment 346112

These results were slightly disappointing but I was just getting used to the team, and we managed a decent draw against Zaragoza.

Transfers

View attachment 346093

I managed to offload quite a lot of dead wood to other clubs, raising the transfer budget and giving me a bit of room to play around with the wages. Jos Hooiveld was perhaps the best player to leave, but he was only a backup defender and I felt it was a good price

Signings

View attachment 346094

Giuseppe Bellusci
is a very solid central defender who I was able to sign for just £3.5 million. A first team player, he also has time to develop being only 22.

View attachment 346095

I got Simon Vukcevic, on a free transfer and he is a very versatile player who will act as cover for Ramirez and on the wings. Having played for Blackburn previously, he is also very experienced with English football.

View attachment 346096

Albin Ekdal
was quite cheap, despite being co-owned by AC Milan and Cagliari. Costing £3.4 million in total, he is a very good central midfielder, and will hopefully play a key part in the following season.

Major World Transfer Activity

View attachment 346104View attachment 346098

There have been several big transfers so far, most of them involving English clubs, with Fellaini to Man City being the biggest one so far.

Player of Preseason:

View attachment 346114
Morgan Schneiderlin

Next update will be at the end of october, thanks for reading!
fmisawesome

Ben Arfa to City for 14?! Did Ashley retire or something?

It shall be me next in charge unlike stated originally, so will be my fault if we get relegated!!!

Not sure about Vukcevic, cant even say his name properly! Agree that we need strengthening at centre back though, wouldn't worry about Pre-season results, you dont get points for that!

I'll hold you accountable if you don't get European qualification then! And you shouldn't criticize your players in public, they are reading everything these days!

The First Months

View attachment 346476

Fixtures

View attachment 346475

Our results so far have been underwhelming, with lots of draws and losses, despite a very impressive result against Arsenal. Although I feel that we've been unlucky in many of our fixtures, we do need our form to improve soon. The highlights have been beating Arsenal 3-0 and grabbing a draw against Manchester United, while we have had some very bad results against lower teams such as Crystal Palace.

Table

View attachment 346477

So, thanks to the win against Arsenal we are just out of the relegation zone, although we are still at an early point in the season, we are currently safe. So far Tottenham and Everton have had great starts to the season while Liverpool and Arsenal in particular are under-performing.

View attachment 346479

Looking at our squad, it is clear that our defence has been the brightest part of our season by far. Shaw, Clyne, Bellusci and Forren have all made a great start to the season and have formed a very consistent back four. Kudos go to Shaw in particular, he has performed incredibly for a 17 year old. At the other end of the table, both of our main strikers, Lambert and Rodriguez have been very underwhelming so far, and our lack of goals have been our main problem. New signing Vukcevic has also been poor so far.

Player of the Month:

View attachment 346483
Forren has been excellent so far this season and has proven to be a really solid player in the centre of defence. Special mentions also go to all the rest of our defence and Cork and Ekdal, who have all been playing very well so far.

Thanks for reading, and the next update shall be my last before I hand the save over to the next person. Hopefully our position will have gotten better by then.

View attachment 346484

​fmisawesome

Looking good mate, my target for us this year is to just stabilise ourselves as a Premiership team and then see what we can do next year. Great results against United and Arsenal, looking forward to getting my hands on this team

Ouch some tough results in there, real unlucky that out of 9 games its been 1 win and 4 draws.

Totally agree with Adam though, we got to stabilise ourselves as a Premiership side!

Good luck with the remaining games mate!

1) Nice story Ill be following.
2) Dont like your AssMan - his tactical knowledge is awful plus there's better people out there (a cheap one who's great and never says no is Paulo Batista Dos Santos.
3) Nice signings too!!! Btw how did you get Bellusci so cheap? I always pay around 7m for him (with instalments)

6 Months

View attachment 347151

6 Months...

Well, my time at the wheel has ended, and now its time to pass the save onto AdamG23, who will complete the season. So, this will be my last update for a while. Lets take a look at how my final few months panned out...

Results

View attachment 347120

The results have thankfully been much better over past two months, with a quite a few more wins, the highlight being a crazy 5-4 win over Everton, where at one point we were 4-1 down. We also got a very solid draw against Chelsea, and a 5-2 victory over Fulham. More importantly, I feel we are beginning to score more goals now, although we are also conceding quite a few!

View attachment 347131

We've also moved up one or two places in the table, and are comfortably out of the relegation zone. Looking at the top of the table, Manchester City, Tottenham and Chelsea are leading the way, while Sunderland and West Ham are mired at the bottom.

View attachment 347145

Mayuka currently has the highest average rating, and ever since I've started playing him as our main striker, his performances have been very well. Bellusci and Forren have also continued their impressive form, although unfortunately Bellusci has just picked up a long term injury. Schneiderlin and Ramirez have also been playing very well so far. At the other end of the table, Jay Rodriguez and Simon Vukcevic have been the main two disappointments so far.

Player of November/December

View attachment 347150

Bellusci has pushed onwards and has put in an exceptional few performances, its a pity about his recent injury. Special mention also go to Mayuka who has also been in blistering form, if a little inconsistent

Summary

So far we've made a steady start to the save, it hasn't been spectacular so far but nor has it been disastrous. We should be able to stay up this season and then push on next season. Thanks for reading and good luck to Adam!

View attachment 347147View attachment 347148View attachment 347149

fmisawesome

Solid finish there mate with some good results! crazy how only 9 points are in it from 5th down to 17th

Good luck to Adam though will be tough to stay up! got faith in you! haha :)