ThePav

Reaction score
PAV Betablockers 3-4-3 & 4-3-3 Update 18.2.2

View attachment 79270

Two tried and tested tactics since Beta release. The 3 striker revolution of FM 18 has been here since the beta was released. There are a lot of 3 striker tactics this year but over a few versions these tactics have evolved. We have a 3-4-3 in the shape of Nuno and Wolves from this season and Conte and Chelsea from last season. A system that mad old ******* Bielsa made fashionable. And a 4-3-3 which is direct and exploits space behind the defenders with playing percentage football and creating an overload in the process. Very effective in the lower leagues.

I RECOMMEND USING LATEST VERSION OF TACTICS POSTED AS WILL ALWAYS BE FOR LATEST PATCH

Tactics

3-4-3

View attachment 68825View attachment 70017

With an influx of 5-2-3 tactics, this one has been around since the beta. Always have an overlap on with the wing backs and inspired by Wolves/Chelsea/Bielsa tactics. Interchangeable with the 4-3-3 and like the 4-3-3 and will try and directly exploit the channels and create the overload at the top by having 3 strikers outnumber the CB's time and time again. But keeping a solid shape at the back and still scoring goals for fun.

Download Link
Updated 24/1/2018 18.2.2 DB

3-4-3 v4

3-4-3
v5

4-3-3

View attachment 65894View attachment 67333

Been described as "annihilation football" Similar to how Leicester played when they won the league, you give up possession to exploit the space with direct balls into the channels and hurting teams on the counter attack. By having quick advanced forwards who like to beat the offside trap as the wide forwards with a poacher to stretch the opposition defence even further. You will constantly try and get them in with balls over the top and link up the play that can create clear cut chances for all of your forwards. Suitable for all teams. In real life it's closest to the way Liverpool play and like my previous tactics on older versions it is set up in the way Klopp likes to play. As the front 3 are so close together you will continuously create the overload on the counter attacks as you always outnumber the defenders and will always offer a threat

Download Link
Updated on 5/2/2018 18.2.2 DB

4-3-3
v4

4-3-3 v5

4-3-3 v6

3-5-2 Park the Bus

View attachment 68815
View attachment 68824View attachment 68823

Sometimes you need to put it on Lockdown! This formation you can use for last 15/20 mins to see the game out. Now at anytime this can be a risk as you are inviting pressure. However it will get more men behind the ball. And you still will attack in the same way. My advice is to take off the CF and put on an AMC. Also if you go down to 10 players simply lose the AMC. It will keep the shape the same and you will remain solid as well as having a threat going forward. Now I use this a lot to see out games. I do not use it as an away tactic. But you certainly could try. You could also use the original tactic and put it on counter away from home. I am not in charge of your saves so you need to decide yourselves. Please test and let me know. What I do is start with the 3-4-3 as it is on control. If i need a goal i'll go to the 4-3-3. If i want to protect my lead I go to the 3-5-2. Alternatively you can use the tweak referenced below with credit to WE as another option. But the 3-5-2 is designed to be defensive and hit teams on the break with direct balls in to the front 2 while soaking up the sponge like a big *** Mourinho bus.

Download Link
Updated 24/1/18
3-5-2

WHITE EUROPE'S SHUT UP SHOP TWEAK POST #218

Filters

Players wise I recommend pace and balance with left footers on left right on right not only up front but also all over the pitch. This provides natural width as well as direct passing over the top. Sign players to fulfill the roles, no point in square pegs in round holes build a team to fit the formation. Get balance throughout the team. You will want pace and strength and signing left footers for the left and right for the right is KEY to this tactic.

Subs

GK CB, LWB, RWB, CM, AM/ST, ST

This covers you for yellow cards and changes of formation. If you have a wing back or cm book take them off from 55/65 mins. And if you want to park the bus. Take off the CF and bring on your AM/ST to go into the CAM position.

Training/Match Prep/Oppo Instructions

Oppo instructions, training, match prep and tactical meetings I leave to assistant manager.

View attachment 69834View attachment 69831

Alternative download links Post 315

Last edited:
Wonderful

Sir, you are a Gentleman and a Scholar. This is undoubtedly the best tactic, the 3-4-3 one, that anyone has posted yet on this website. There has been evident shoddy workmanships overbearing on the designs of others, often referred to as teething problems, when in fact they were simply untried, posted in the hope of spoils. Instead, you have gone to great lengths to incrementally improve and improve on your tactic.

Honestly mate, good job.

Sir, you are a Gentleman and a Scholar. This is undoubtedly the best tactic, the 3-4-3 one, that anyone has posted yet on this website. There has been evident shoddy workmanships overbearing on the designs of others, often referred to as teething problems, when in fact they were simply untried, posted in the hope of spoils. Instead, you have gone to great lengths to incrementally improve and improve on your tactic.

Honestly mate, good job.

Account created today, first post is this, about 40 minutes after the tactic is posted.

Legit!

Honestly mate, good job.

Cheers bud, glad you like it. I've updated the 4-3-3 in the OP as uploaded wrong one.

Account created today, first post is this, about 40 minutes after the tactic is posted.

Legit!

I have no idea who the guy is. And to be fair i got better things to do than create accounts and post on my own thread. As in past years I always post a beta tactic.

Also as your so smart any idea why my SS are coming out like this
View attachment 1131541

Safe

Legit!

Yes, I made an account specifically for replying to this tactic. I've been lurking in this forum for the last 2 days, seeing people post shoddy tactics, and in this tactic I recognised that there was something extra, hence the reply.

I don't know the kid who made this, but I respect him for evidently taking more time and care than others.

Yes, I made an account specifically for replying to this tactic. I've been lurking in this forum for the last 2 days, seeing people post shoddy tactics, and in this tactic I recognised that there was something extra, hence the reply.

I don't know the kid who made this, but I respect him for evidently taking more time and care than others.

Cheers mate, glad to make you from a lurker to someone who contributing to the forum. Good stuff. Welcome to FM Base.

No worries boss

Cheers bud, glad you like it. I've updated the 4-3-3 in the OP as uploaded wrong one.

View attachment 1131541

Ahh, I didn't even look at that tactic as I'm playing National League and am definitively inferior to the other teams, so by no means can play an attacking game.

Winning 5-2 while giving the opponent 6 clear cut chances is the basis of a terrible tactic. Entertaining, but terrible.

It doesnt give up so many when im playing against teams in League 1, not 2 divisions higher.

this tactic is one of the best on this website. it worked fantastically for my milan + italy save. 1st season no signings i won the treble (serie A, europa, italian cup) then i took italy to WC 2018 and won the whole ****** tournament! the only thing i will mention is sometimes it can be passive against a weaker side who are playing deep, i usually set to attacking and the tactic becomes much more open but much more potent.

Funny how all these new accounts seem to be commenting on this thread. Its like a lot of new people have come to this site just to comment on this tactic... All a bit fishy to me.

Funny how all these new accounts seem to be commenting on this thread. Its like a lot of new people have come to this site just to comment on this tactic... All a bit fishy to me.
Updated the OP lads and... Tobey, I have no control of comments, I've been posting here for years. Contributing to updates and have released lots of previous tactics. So that's quite insulting to say that something "fishy" is going on. I'm really not that sad pal... Not everything is a conspiracy boys. Maybe 2 people just like the tactic and post. What happens on forums.

Download the tactic and see how you get on I need it testing why I posted as that what the community is supposed to be about. Cheers.

Updated the OP lads and... Tobey, I have no control of comments, I've been posting here for years. Contributing to updates and have released lots of previous tactics. So that's quite insulting to say that something "fishy" is going on. I'm really not that sad pal... Not everything is a conspiracy boys. Maybe 2 people just like the tactic and post. What happens on forums.

Download the tactic and see how you get on I need it testing why I posted as that what the community is supposed to be about. Cheers.

Totally agree with this, ThePav has been here for a long time why would he need to get fake accounts to comment? Maybe new accounts are setup as FM18 is reaching out to new players?

4-3-3 been updated to suit lower league/underdog teams. Any tests would be awesome.

Totally agree with this, ThePav has been here for a long time why would he need to get fake accounts to comment? Maybe new accounts are setup as FM18 is reaching out to new players?

Exactly, with the beta out people are looking for tactics to use on it. Pav has been here for a stupidly long time. I just wish he had a 451/4231 tactic :(

Struggling with my own tactics again..going to try a new save with Birmingham city. Should I try the 4-3-3 or the 3-4-3 ?