I do use a contain version for last 10 minutes but don't need to use it that often.

I'm about to holiday rest of the season as we won the league with 8 games to go. The 100% record slipped away near the end.

View attachment 1132446

so do you just change mentality to contain?

& congrats on winning leauge

Mentality to contain, WBa to WBd and tick be more disciplined and play even safer, and use tighter marking.

What kind of players do you need for the 3 strikers? I see this plays a lot on the counter for scores, so do you need pacey guys? So far i've played 10 games with arsenal, 6 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss.

This tactic has really low possession, like 40% which i don't mind but it struggles to break teams down that are bunker-ed in, it seems.

Last edited:
After a shocking first season using a viours of tactics of this forum i couldn't string any wins together, i was shocked not to get sacked

View attachment 79080

now i found this tactic to use this season my second so far its looking good

View attachment 79079

Class Tactic

Working wonders with my bang average Oldham side, gone from a sloppy start to running away with L1 at Christmas so its definitely working lower down the pyramid as a 343

Great first impression...

Just won 13-0 with Chelsea. A training match against a very poor team, so the end result was never in danger - but I must say I was amazed - played the first 60 minuttes with 4-3-3 and then switched to the more "defensive" 3-4-3.

The opposition didn't have a single shot on target
Played Batshuayi as the target man - he scored 2 goals
Morata on the right - scored 2 as well (and 2 assists)
Pedro on the left - scored a hattrick

I subbed Pedro for Kenedy and Kenedy then scored 4 goals!
Willian as the right centre mid was really good.

I am looking forward to testing it more in the games to come (6)

WoW

Next game 19-0!!!!!!

Pedro - left striker scored 7 goals and made 5 assists....! (6)
Morata 5 goals and 2 assists
Batshuayi hattrick and 2 assists

All the goals and assists seems to come from the three strikers, with one or two from the wingbacks.

Played the 4-3-3 for the entire game

Last edited:
Arsenal and Icardi was too strong...

Nothing last forever - charity shield aginst Arsenal proved to be too tough a test. Used the 4-3-3 for the first half, and was behind 0-4 at the interval. Counter attacks killed me. Switched to 3-4-3 in the 2nd half and the game ended 3-4 to Arsenal....

First premier league game ahead... let's see where it takes us

Beat Liverpool 2-0 away

Beat Liverpool 2-0 away using the 3-4-3

Tweeks is need to keep more possession - we are still loosing the ball too often - but if we can win 2-0 away against Liverpool - I can't complain :$

Dominating VNL in first season there.

View attachment 78955

By the way, if you're playing with Arsenal like the guy above then I'd change the DCB to BPD because the whole things evolves around punting the ball upfield, so I think a BPD is going to be the best role available at whatever level you can get someone who can do it.

View attachment 1132616

By the way, if you're playing with Arsenal like the guy above then I'd change the DCB to BPD because the whole things evolves around punting the ball upfield, so I think a BPD is going to be the best role available at whatever level you can get someone who can do it.

Bang on Ben, that's what it was originally changed it as I was Port Vale and did not have a BPD and then that's when the run started. I need to test the tactic in the prem (4-3-3), It destroys the football league but could struggle higher up so might eventually need some tweaks, But at the moment will leave it as it is

I hope to have finished it maybe by tomorrow of course i will let you know. I will upload all fixtures, league table at the end, and the transfer center history. Because it seems in this FM with less money you can really make a strong squad if you find the right tacticts. Of course to be honest, when i promoted, Hull board gave me almost 80millions Euros budget which i didn't expect to be that high. But still my highest fee spend in the summer was 12millions only.

Some tips that may help is that for attackers and the 2 center defenders, first attributes i was looking for was Acceleration and Pace. And after them i focused on their position attributes (finishing/marking etc).

Amazing results let us know how you do in a full season in prem as not tested it in it yet, so be good to know!

Seems like it crushes the lower leagues and gets gradually worse as you get towards the prem. I'm only basing that on what people have said on this thread tho.

View attachment 1132616

The tactic already has 3 at the back as BPD...

Seems like it crushes the lower leagues and gets gradually worse as you get towards the prem. I'm only basing that on what people have said on this thread tho.

Yeah what I figured might be the case tbh Ben when it was created as it was so direct.

How gradually? I mean right now i am 4 games unbeaten with 4 wins in 4 first games in EPL and just won 1-2 on Arsenal home, having lost Abel Hernandez from 4th minute with injury. Still rocked Arsenal. I know i am at early stages but still results like that keep morale excellent and my manager support high so to affect team talks, and i guess it will be difficult to lose soon. We will see of course soon. 34 more games to go

How gradually? I mean right now i am 4 games unbeaten with 4 wins in 4 first games in EPL and just won 1-2 on Arsenal home, having lost Abel Hernandez from 4th minute with injury. Still rocked Arsenal. I know i am at early stages but still results like that keep morale excellent and my manager support high so to affect team talks, and i guess it will be difficult to lose soon. We will see of course soon. 34 more games to go

Maybe with the right players it will work great in the Premiership. It's not a whole world away from how Leicester won the league a couple of years ago. If you're winning with Hull that shows it might just work at all levels if you're managing the team properly.