ILoveLamp

Reaction score
705599d1415834647-werretts-pentagon-challenge-adventure-pentagon.png

The Pentagon Challenge

What is it?

What is The Pentagon? Well its this, you start unemployed with a Sunday League reputation and you try to win all five continental Champions Leagues(European Champions League, South American Champions League, Asian Champions League, African Champions League and North American Champions League) in one save game.

...And Beyond.

Once completed I'll continue this career for the length of FM16 as a journeyman career seeking to complete a variety of other challenges such as:
  • Super Hero Challenge - completing the Hero challenges on Steam (bottom to top divisions)
  • FCUM/Salford - Challenge the Manchester clubs' dominance with one of their minnow neighbours
  • Champions League Challenge - win the UCL with all previous real life winners
  • Hall of Fame Challenge - top the HoF boards in all continents
  • Premier League Challenge - win the EPL with all 47 team to have played in it
  • Back to the Future - break my FM record game time (2156 - FM13)
...and any other that spring to mind.

PENTAGON

and Beyond

• [*=center]Super Hero Challenge - 0 out of 6 completed
    [*=center]FCUM/Salford - Current: Took over FCUM 2029
    [*=center]- Promotion 1/5
    [*=center]Champions League Challenge - 1 of 22 completed
    [*=center]Hall of Fame Challenge - 0 of 5 completed
    [*=center]Premier League Challenge - 0 of 47 completed
    [*=center]Back to the Future - 2030(Target 2153)

Last edited:
Good luck mate - Going to be quite the challenge!

I have attempted a save like this in the past but eventually get a bit bored and give up, so hope you can stick it out and complete it. Will be following.

Good luck mate - Going to be quite the challenge!

I have attempted a save like this in the past but eventually get a bit bored and give up, so hope you can stick it out and complete it. Will be following.

Cheers.

Have completed it on FM13 and FM15 using Instant result most games to prevent the boredom

Africa

2015/16

View attachment 215625

View attachment 215626

View attachment 215624

A slow start but we hit some great form in the run in and managed to sneak promotion as champions!

A great start to the career.

I plan to have at least one full season in charge of each team but in the quest for immediate glory I will always accept any job offers from more bigger/fashionable clubs.

great start. awesome to see vasco go up with you as that's who i started my fm15 journeyman with

Africa

2016/17

With promotion last season against the odds I was expecting a very tough first season in the SA top flight
and 4 defeats in our first 5 games seemed to highlight the challenge ahead.

View attachment 215540

However only three defeats in 2016 saw us steer well clear of the drop zone in what ended up another very successful season.

View attachment 215539

Still got my eye out for any vacancies at the likes of Kaiser Chiefs, Ajax CT or Orlando Pirates.

SeasonClubCountryLeagueChampions League
2015/16FC Cape TownSouth Africa1st (P)-
2016/17FC Cape TownSouth Africa7th-

Africa

we%20want%20you.jpg

View attachment 215530

Too good an opportunity to turn down. I know from experience that Ajax CT have a top class youth system that will definitely allow me to challenge for the African Champions League very very soon.

Africa

Ajax CT finished 10th last but their squad is much better than the one I had with FC Cape Town and we finished 7th so I was optimistic we could be challenging right at the top of the league.

Halfway through the season and we are doing exactly that!

View attachment 215516

Ooooh, I like the looks of this. Will be nice to follow :D

Just out of curiosity. Which leagues have you loaded?

Ooooh, I like the looks of this. Will be nice to follow :D

Just out of curiosity. Which leagues have you loaded?

Just South Africa currently. Will add the rest as I close in on a Champions League win

Africa

CHAMPIONS!!!

View attachment 215500

View attachment 215499

Hopefully the first of many many trophies and this one will probably be one of the easiest.

It was also the clubs first ever top flight title and we narrowly missed out on a domestic double as we somehow managed to lose a one-sided cup final 2-0.

View attachment 215497

View attachment 215498

2017/18Ajax CTSouth Africa1ST-

Africa

African Champions League

-- Early Rounds --

We were breezing through the early rounds with a 12-0 agg win over Benfica (GNB) and a 9-1 agg win over Angolan side 1 de Agosto..

Then we met Egypt side Zamalek and we hit a stumbling block with a first leg defeat..

We had it all to do now to salvage our ACL campaign already...

2nd Leg

Drama and nerve wrecking stuff already in the champions league. Should be fun to read

Never been one for a journeyman story but looking forward to this, good luck!

Africa

African Champions League

-- Group Stages --

After sneaking into the group stages with a second leg comeback against Zalamek I wondered it we weren't quite ready for the Champions League.

Our first few group stages games seemed to quash those fears...

We seemed to be hop, skipping and dancing our way to the semi finals.

However, in my short managerial career so far we never seem to do things the easy way...

View attachment 215235

View attachment 215236

A poor result in our last game would have sent us packing but at last we returned to winning ways!

View attachment 215231

View attachment 215230

African Champions League

-- Semi Final --

We drew another Egyptian side, this time Ismaily.

The ACL starts at the end of our domestic seasons and concludes a few games into the new season so we weren't fully up and running fitness wise which was a concern.

-- 1st Leg --

View attachment 215228

An excellent first leg result leaves us with one foot in the final already

-- 2nd Leg --

View attachment 215229

Our home form has been superb throughout my two years in charge and it held up once again as we booked a place in the FINAL!!

Africa

CAF_Champions_League.png

-- FINAL --

Yet another Egyptian side - Al Ahly.

Powerhouses in Egypt and hold the record for most African Champions League titles as well with 9 so we start as massive underdogs.

-- 1st Leg --

View attachment 215205

An end to end game so a draw was the fair result. Once again we will rely on our excellent home form to see us through...

-- 2nd Leg --

View attachment 215206

CHAMPIONS!!!

View attachment 215207

We were much the better side and bar some wayward finishing we could have had a much more comfortable finish.

View attachment 215208

I am a God to these people!

____

Step One of the Pentagon completed.

Off to Asia.

Africa

As I said the Champions League campaign crosses over two season in South Africa.

We walked the 2018/19 league campaign and were well on course to do so again in 2019/20.

View attachment 215200

View attachment 215201

However I resigned after the ACL win and am patiently awaiting a good job opportunity in either South Korea or China to begin the Asian part of this adventure...

View attachment 215202

2017/18Ajax CTSouth Africa1ST-
2018/19Ajax CTSouth Africa1ST*in progress
2019/20Ajax CTSouth Africa1st*WINNERS