DerRaumdeuter

Reaction score
++Die Guardiola V.2 for 15.3.2++ *3-2-2-3*
++Die Guardiola V.4 for 15.3.2++ *3-3-3-1* UPDATED 5/8/15

Hello all, I started playing this game this year and have really enjoyed it. I'm not a master tactician per say, but I do love the game of football. The inspiration for this tactic is listed in the screenshots below, I wanted to create a tactic with this formation while trying to emulate the possession and solid defense that Bayern have played with when using this style.I also wanted to avoid [short pass TI] since it really did not work for me when attempting to create this tactic, I ended up with a lot of possession and a lot of 1-0, 2-1 losses. Guardiola works a possession based system but with a higher tempo real danger in attacking. In Pep's words

Pep- "I loathe all that passing for the sake of it, all that Tiki-taka. It's so much rubbish and has no purpose. You have to pass the ball with a clear intention, with the aim of making it into the opposition's goal." "Be yourselves. You need to dig into your own DNA. I hate Tiki-taka. Tiki-taka means passing the ball for the sake of it, with no clear intention. And it's pointless."

Now unto the tactic. Its important to have interchangeable players up front, so ST/AMC -AMC/AMR/AML, you get the picture. In my Wolves season I put everyone on transfer list and sold everyone I could and bought players I thought would fit in to this system. Thats always the key with every tactic to make sure your players can fit the instructions they are given. Im 17-3-0 in 20 games and tactic is not fully fluid. I have not finished a full season yet (Wolves) but I did test it on Fluid with some really good teams to see how it would stack up and its doing really well to say the least. Its going to constantly produce high possession 57-68%, Solid Defense and more importantly wins...I dont know how ready to plug and play this tactic is as I have not done that, I am just a fan of football who enjoys doing different things in this game. Test it out see if you enjoy it as much as I did. To me this game is about winning with the tactic you want to not what does best. I will however continue to try to make this tactic better and I hope you guys do too. Enjoy!

*Important* V.2
-For Corners/Set pieces DM will take corners from both sides.The fastest CB needs to be the player to stay back so make sure to adjust it upon receiving.
-Best passing/vision CB will play the BPD-X
-SS must have good off the ball movement & Right footed. If hes left footed you need to switch the AM and SS.Then Adjust the PI's accordingly, basically mirror it.
-F9 must have good passing and dribbling. As you can see I turned Nouri into a F9.
-Wingers must be quick and need to be able to get to the byline. a only defensive minded player will not be good for this tactic.
-Regista must have good vision/passing/long shots/dribbling
-When you are down, I take off retain possession to play a more attacking game.

*Important* V.4
You will still get 58+ possession percentage and dominate shots. Tactic is made for more skilled players but will work well with lower league teams as long as you manage in game.

-For Corners/Set pieces DR will take corners from both sides.The fastest CB needs to be the player to stay back so make sure to adjust it upon receiving.
-IF must be right footed! Att in this order - Accel/Finishing/Dribbing/Passing/Pace/
- AMC Att in this order - Dribbling/passing/vision/off the ball
- SS Att in this order - Off the ball/finishing/dribbling/passing/work rate
-F9 Att in this order - Off the ball/finishing/passing/dribbling/vision
-BBM Att in this order - Passing/Stamina/Vision/Long Shots/Work Rate
-DM Att in this order - Positioning/Stamina/Team Work/Tackling/Passing/Vision/
-CWB must be complete! good defensive good crossing and passing to be on offense
-FBR more defensive! but having good crossing and passing will make tactic way better
-CBS I go for accel and positioning! must have 10+ passing to not make mistakes in the back

++TRAINING++
Balanced GT and 40% Match Tactics until fully FLUID.
Once fluid Balanced/Def. Positioning for V.2
Once fluid Balanced/Attacking movement for favored games - Def pos for underdog games for V.4

Check the screenshots below

++Inspiration++
View attachment 279625View attachment 279655

+++OI+++
I tried a bunch of diff OI's, what seeemed to work best with this formation was TFF's OI's so I must give him credit it made my tactic perform much better. So thank you sir.
View attachment 279616

++SCREENSHOTS V.2++
View attachment 279608View attachment 279607View attachment 279556View attachment 279598
++SCREENSHOTS V.4++
View attachment 272804View attachment 272803View attachment 272802View attachment 272801View attachment 272800

*UPDATED*TACTIC (Die Guardiola V.2)= http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=78210921538966770613
*Changes in Back 3 for a more solid defense!
*UPDATED*TACTIC (Die Guardiola V.4)= http://www.megafileupload.com/Dn8/Die_Guardiola_V.4_F79FE3EE-9899-47CF-92F1-9411AA861681.fmf

*IF you know or play with my tactics you should know I LOVE POSSESSION! This tactic is no Diff Its meant for you to play the best defense by playing a controlling OFFENSE.! Train your players in their roles and try to build your team around it and you will see how much success you will have with it!
v.4 is my interpretation of the 3-3-3-1 that Pep also uses it has given me a lot more attacking options and i believe to be more solid in the back due to the CWB and FB. Please keep in mind the *IMPORTANT* section above as it still applies and has been updated!
V.4 Training = ATTACKING MOVEMENT for favored games. DEF POS for close/underdog games. ONCE FLUID

If you like the tactic please RATE it ABOVE and your feedback would be awesome, thanks!

Last edited:
Looks good, one question how on earth did you get all those players for Wolves in the first season?

Looks good, one question how on earth did you get all those players for Wolves in the first season?

This was just some good management and was pretty easy to get done except the purchase of Youri Tielemans. Ill explain, I start off with 2 million transfer budget, wolves you can ask board to increase wages now remember you only want to do this after you sell some players with higher wages. Once you do that it will give you aproxx 5 extra mill. These players were all sold. Thats a lot of money available plus their wages. Now you just need to stretch out any player that you buy for the longest term and as little up front as possible. Took a couple saves to get it right lol.

sako-8.5 mill
doyle 2.2 mill
Henry-2.4mill
Jacobs - 1.4 mill
Dicko- 1.5 mill
Ikeme- 3.5 mill
Iorfa- 1.2 mill
Golbourne- 2.4 mill

Every player I bought I stretched out the term to 48 months so most expensive players were
Nouri-5.5 mill 3 mill upfront 12 mill in 48 months
Youri 5.75 mill (trick to this) 3.3 mill upfront 48 months rest
Kishna- 3.4 mill upfront 11 mill in 48 months.
Bilal-First day dont wait and you can get him for about 500k upfront and rest on 48 months
Mosquito- start on Germany time and hes free transfer
passlack- must get him early before signs contract and stretch out term
tuss- same thing
saeter- very cheap 39k if you do it first day
vallejo 1.8 mill release clause

Now for youri, if you notice his value is 1.8 mill when you start the game after like 2nd preseason game it goes down to 1.7 YOU MUST BUY RIGHT THEN! that means you can get him for 15.5 mill total. I checked it every time i hit continue then negotiated for him once I saw his value had gone down to 1.7mill. They will ask for 28 mill instead of 42 million while hes valued at 1.8. If you do this while he is anything other than 1.7mill you will never get him that cheap. Took some timing to get that done.

I can post screenshots if it helps you, just let me know.

Last edited:
Early stages of trying this tactic, but it looks good so far ...

Good to hear, I will have another update soon running a couple tests with it. Remember its very important to have fastest CB stay back on corners or youll get hit on counters thats how I was conceding very early on that and set piece situations cause my people are fairly small and not very athletic lol

Looks like an extremely well thought out tactic, will 100 percent give it a try!

I'm surprised [in a good way] at the amount of possession.

Thought this would be a 50/50 possession kind of tactic, with 'power' attacking ... but it has pleasantly surprised me!

|)

EDIT:

As an example, the game after first writing this post;

View attachment 279324

Last edited:
This was just some good management and was pretty easy to get done except the purchase of Youri Tielemans. Ill explain, I start off with 2 million transfer budget, wolves you can ask board to increase wages now remember you only want to do this after you sell some players with higher wages. Once you do that it will give you aproxx 5 extra mill. These players were all sold. Thats a lot of money available plus their wages. Now you just need to stretch out any player that you buy for the longest term and as little up front as possible. Took a couple saves to get it right lol.

sako-8.5 mill
doyle 2.2 mill
Henry-2.4mill
Jacobs - 1.4 mill
Dicko- 1.5 mill
Ikeme- 3.5 mill
Iorfa- 1.2 mill
Golbourne- 2.4 mill

Every player I bought I stretched out the term to 48 months so most expensive players were
Nouri-5.5 mill 3 mill upfront 12 mill in 48 months
Youri 5.75 mill (trick to this) 3.3 mill upfront 48 months rest
Kishna- 3.4 mill upfront 11 mill in 48 months.
Bilal-First day dont wait and you can get him for about 500k upfront and rest on 48 months
Mosquito- start on Germany time and hes free transfer
passlack- must get him early before signs contract and stretch out term
tuss- same thing
saeter- very cheap 39k if you do it first day
vallejo 1.8 mill release clause

Now for youri, if you notice his value is 1.8 mill when you start the game after like 2nd preseason game it goes down to 1.7 YOU MUST BUY RIGHT THEN! that means you can get him for 15.5 mill total. I checked it every time i hit continue then negotiated for him once I saw his value had gone down to 1.7mill. They will ask for 28 mill instead of 42 million while hes valued at 1.8. If you do this while he is anything other than 1.7mill you will never get him that cheap. Took some timing to get that done.

I can post screenshots if it helps you, just let me know.

Great explanation.

How did your Wolves season finish? Did you do well in the cups? Have you played your first season in PL?

Cheers

im currently using TFF's tactic atm so with the training and OI pretty much the same i could use this as a second tactic and try it out, i will give it ago and see how it does

I have a question about the tackling. Is it essential to have hard tackling - you have that in the team instructions and for every player. I'm not a fan of yellow/red cards

P.S. Played one game and the football was quite brilliant to watch

I finished first in the league, won cap 1 cup (beat man city and arsenal) (beat man city with 60% possession was proud of that. Beat arsenal by luck lol they outplayed us), lost FA cup to Man city after beating them in Cap 1 Cup. Didn't play PL left that save alone because I am doing some testing using tactic with new save on Leverkusen. Ill post screenshots later of how its going..

About tackling I have not tried it, I like players to be aggressive early in the game. I only adjust in game and remove TH on yellow cards. I understand some people dont like to do that so give it a shot let me know how it goes. Im currently working on PIs anyway so Im sure I will get to it here soon.

I do need some feedback though so I can make some adjustments, so thank you!

I think you're onto something here, but I've found it to be a touch fragile defence wise, only in certain games.

Example, I smashed man u in the Capital One final 5-0, they hardly got a touch, and outplayed Chelsea at home in the league 1-0. I then proceed to draw 3-3 at Derby, Lose 3-2 at Wigan and get smashed 4-1 at home to Liverpool.

I'm sure a few tweaks here and there will fix it, but not sure what to do.

The goals seem to be coming from too many players closing down the ball, maybe try and remove some of them, particularly in the back 3-5.

P.S. Played one game and the football was quite brilliant to watch

Indeed!! ;)

F9 gets a little isolated occasionally, with a bit of midfield 'lag' ... but overall, entertaining football, definitely.

Completely unrelated ... anyone else noticed a SIGNIFICANT increase in injuries since the last update?
Always key players; always at the worst possible time ... almost like a **** conspiracy!!!
I'm finding I'm having to scrape the U21 and Youth barrel, just to make up numbers.

The goals seem to be coming from too many players closing down the ball, maybe try and remove some of them, particularly in the back 3-5.

Could this be a side effect of having 3 x 'Stoppers'?
Might be prudent to have 1 x 'Defend', or even 1 x 'Cover', for a bit of balance.

OR ... in the PI's ... change Defenders to 'Close Down Less' and 'Hold Position', to keep a disciplined shape.
Let those ahead of them do the aggressive closing down, with the back 3 as the 'noone shall pass' brickwall.

Could this be a side effect of having 3 x 'Stoppers'?
Might be prudent to have 1 x 'Defend', or even 1 x 'Cover', for a bit of balance.

OR ... in the PI's ... change Defenders to 'Close Down Less' and 'Hold Position', to keep a disciplined shape.
Let those ahead of them do the aggressive closing down, with the back 3 as the 'noone shall pass' brickwall.

Yeah, it's worth experimenting. The football is amazing.

I'm shipping 2-3 CCC's per game, so if that can be tightened up, it'll be incredible.

Just my 2 cents here but you have a high d-line with high pressing all round the pitch and then the defence bunched up with the two DM's. You want to think of closing down as players having a circle around them and the larger the circle the higher the closing down. What you have is the opposition coming into the DM's big circle and then a few steps forward they come into the CD's circle. Space is key when setting up players. I hope that makes sense.

I'm not saying what you should do but explaining the reasons you're getting lots of players closing down and it not having the effect you might want

I will be updating tactic by tomorrow doing some testing now. Changing back 3 and a couple PIs has been working well conceding much less playing same beautiful football though.

I will be updating tactic by tomorrow doing some testing now. Changing back 3 and a couple PIs has been working well conceding much less playing same beautiful football though.

Sounds exciting!

I'll grab the popcorn and the comfy chair ...

Well I just played the European Super Cup against Arsenal with my FC Barcelona side. What most impressed me about this tactic is the amount of possession (70% till the first half) and the number of Clear Cut Chances (8 in this game). It looked as if real FC Bayern side is on the field. Will use this tactic in the upcoming few games of LIGA BBVA new season and hopes it shall get better with time.

Here are few screenshots from the game against Arsenal. OI's were set by Assistant Manager.

View attachment 279009

View attachment 279007

View attachment 279006

View attachment 279001

Actually I'm a great fan of possession football and this is why I always play with FC Barcelona to replicate their style in the game. Anything related to possession always excites me. Will be looking for even for more possession from this tactic once it gets fluid familiarity. Thanks bro for this nice looking tactic.