What do you do for individual training? And do you use OI?

Last edited:
Are you implying that you should get with a **** team 80% possesion ? Its barely possible. Even pep himself if he had been coaching Levante wouldn`t have managed it.

All i`m trying to say is that this tactic is what barcelona played and will work with Barca as is. AKA as it was when the game was started.

Afk testing this with arsenal. Will post results.

What I am implying. No, to be clearer...what I am categorically, unequivocally stating is that if you create a tactic that is supposed to recreate the possession based tactics of Pep Guardiola and then apply that to not a '****' team, but the team with the current highest possession statistics in the whole Premier League, i.e. Swansea -
View attachment 416575

Then I wouldn't expect the overall possession statistics to be lower

great tactic! Just had three games in a row with 65%+ possession! conceding alot from set pieces though

What I am implying. No, to be clearer...what I am categorically, unequivocally stating is that if you create a tactic that is supposed to recreate the possession based tactics of Pep Guardiola and then apply that to not a '****' team, but the team with the current highest possession statistics in the whole Premier League, i.e. Swansea -
View attachment 507687

Then I wouldn't expect the overall possession statistics to be lower
I don`t care about your statistics, dude.

I started Arsenal. Basically sold the full first team. Kept only a few. Bough either bargains or exciting young prospects.

View attachment 416536
View attachment 416534
View attachment 416533

Last game : Man Utd
View attachment 416531
Smashed really.

There are teams that basically don`t have a shot on or off goal.
If the teams does not work wonders yet is because.
1. Lots of youngsters, need to develop tactical awareness.
2. Preffered moves are yet to be trained.

@the guy getting goals from corners, make sure the wing backs are near/far post, the central defs are set to man mark tall players, along with the Half Back. MAke sure the DLP is lurking outside the box in order to launch good counters.

Train defensive set pieces at least once every 2 months and you should be okay.

Last edited:
I agree with you mate it is a good possession tactic and as far as i can see has a good similarity to Barcelona style so fair play nice 1 :) Im in the middle of making 1 similar but its to suit Bayern Munich's latest playing style of TikiTaka along with speed and a good quick attack. Im getting similar possession stats. To be honest teams like Swansea that can in real life keep possession over bigger team etc wont do it in this game it wont work that way. The creators i feel haven't done the game any justice because in alot of ways its quite poor in its design to b realistic.

I don`t care about your statistics, dude.

In a game about statistics with a tactic supposedly built around a coaching method that is all about statistics and you don't care about statistics? The BASIC statistic is you've tried this for a few games with big teams. It might be a great tactic, who knows? You sure seem to. You don't have to thank me.

In a game about statistics with a tactic supposedly built around a coaching method that is all about statistics and you don't care about statistics? The BASIC statistic is you've tried this for a few games with big teams. It might be a great tactic, who knows? You sure seem to. You don't have to thank me.

I don`t care about swansea statistics. I don`t care if they have the best possesion in the EPL, i don`t care they sacked Laudrup, i don`t care what team they got and how they play, i don`t care if they recruit players from another galaxy and so on.

I`ve said it from the start : This is the closest to what Guardiola played at barca. I made it for barcelona. Works for barcelona. You get great possesion. You deny the opposition from playing by getting the ball back in upper third/mid.

It`s not trully a 4-3-3, it`s actually a 3-4-3 when attacking that shifts into a 4-5-1 when defending.

And then a guy comes and asks :

Why can`t i use this with Swansea ? which actually translates into "why am i not able to fly'?

My answer : You are, son. Open the window and dare to defy gravity.

Was gonna try it, till i read posts by the OP, what an arrogant ****.

Tactic looks ok, but there are better Pep replications already available, might give it a go later.

Do you need to use OI's to get the best out of this tactic?

You could use OI for any tactic. It will be better if you use them, however i`m too lazy to. So i leave it all to the Asst Mngr (Tassotti from Ac Milan - good for tactics/def insight)

For instance, you could decide how the opposition will pass the ball in their own half, marking the players with better passing and denying them from playing with the right foot, forcing them to pass backwards to a player that has a **** passing atribute => forcing a mistake.

But that takes time.

there are better Pep replications already available

Please show me one.

The worst thing about this tactic applied to **** teams is that it is likely to suck till you train your players to develop the required attributes (positioning, anticipation, decision, teamwork, work rate).
That takes time. You probably don`t have the cash to get fresh players. And you probably do not have the time aswell, as its like you`ll be replaced by then.

That`s why when you take a team for managing you should make a tactic based on the players you got there, making use of their strenghts and shadowing their weaknesses. That is what makes you a good manager.

Last edited:
i have tried this with liverpool lost first game 6.0 to chelsea then lost 4.1 at home to newcastle then lost 2.1 in cap cup to carlise i gave up after that it was so bad

i have tried this with liverpool lost first game 6.0 to chelsea then lost 4.1 at home to newcastle then lost 2.1 in cap cup to carlise i gave up after that it was so bad

Really?

This is my start with liverpool with a very similar tactic im using to replicate Bayern Munich's system at the min under Pep

View attachment 416313 View attachment 416308 View attachment 416307 View attachment 416306

View attachment 416312 View attachment 416311 View attachment 416310 View attachment 416309

I`ve said it from the start : This is the closest to what Guardiola played at barca.

well, this is a your interpretation of Guardiola way to play, not the right one :) i'm quite sure the piqu? role is different from the puyol one, but in your tac the 2 CDs are the same ( BPDs with same instruction ) and again i don't think abidal was so offensive he was more cautious more 'support' because of the player ahead of him was more offensive (henry). this tac might be good but could be better ;) if you want this to work with barca no problem but show us with screens some good results, some good achievements, maybe something in game to convince people that this tac is THE tac

IF this is THE tactic that represents Guardiola's aproach more exactly how many goals Messi scores?

Well, the reason there`s 2 BPD in the back 4 is i signed Hummels for barca. Bartra could also play, but after transferring Pedro to Chelski for 40 mil, i had few bucks to spare. Plus i hate that everyone used the central defs to close down, this is a tactical mistake, because the defender will chase any unmarked player trying to get possesion, leaving a whole gap of space in the central defense.

Alba can`t be put in Full Back => support => its just a waste of his skills.

IF this is THE tactic that represents Guardiola's aproach more exactly how many goals Messi scores?
View attachment 416258

I expect around 40-50 a season.
This was a CL game where i used benchwarmers. (song, mascherano,bartra, montoya, grimaldo, roberto, cesc)
^^

Last edited:
Just started with Swansea to test as the tactic im using is similar and people dont think small teams can get more possession with this 1 and win etc, or can they? :p

Away from home too and not near fluid yet ;)

View attachment 416257

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the reason there`s 2 BPD in the back 4 is i signed Hummels for barca. Bartra could also play, but after transferring Pedro to Chelski for 40 mil, i had few bucks to spare. Plus i hate that everyone used the central defs to close down, this is a tactical mistake, because the defender will chase any unmarked player trying to get possesion, leaving a whole gap of space in the central defense.

Alba can`t be put in Full Back => support => its just a waste of his skills.

View attachment 508396

I expect around 40-50 a season.
This was a CL game where i used benchwarmers. (song, mascherano,bartra, montoya, grimaldo, roberto, cesc)
^^
You have another manager added, all credibility is lost as no one else is having results with the tactic yet you strangely are, seems legit ^^)

You have another manager added, all credibility is lost as no one else is having results with the tactic yet you strangely are, seems legit ^^)

I have Juventus as the second team and trying to replicate Conte`s 3-5-2. Watched them play tonite and it was completely chaotic. No wonder they are out of Cl :D