Tactics, very high. Teamwork/Att movement
The tactic in all 3 slots in the first season. Gets half fluid before starting the league. 3-4 matches into the BBVA it`s 80%-90% fluid.

First draw of the season. Away at Madrid, Spanish cup Semi-final, first leg.

View attachment 415619

The goal was pass from the left defender over my mid/def and guess Bartra cannot match Ronaldo for speed ^^

Messi hit 2 posts -.-

I`ll rape them @ Nou Camp.

Last edited:
Do you use opposition instructions and what training during the season?

I either don`t use OI, either let assistant manager. He will prolly close dow the opposition`s main threats meaning 1-2 players. That could mean my defence being less organised. So mostly don`t. But should not matter as much anyways as i`m getting the ball back way before my own half. Usually the mid line.

During the season default stays tactics - high-average - as much as possible to not get injuries. Every 2 weeks i put them on attackin/ball control. Teamwork for the first 1-2 months, then default goes to Att movement. This should be set to def positioning only for the very hard games. But i`m playing Barca, there are no hard games lol.

you shouldn't use OI because they over rule TI and PI but if you want to use it then unmark TI and PI

Why train Puyol as full back? Wouldn't ball playing defender be better?

Why train Puyol as full back? Wouldn't ball playing defender be better?
View attachment 415356

He has **** passing, **** creativity,

Full back is the best way to train him as it will improve his tackling positioning and heading, along with the mental stats (which are good to start with). The stats are useful even if played as CB. Training him bpd would mean to waste CA/PA points for nothing.

So centre backs with rubbish passing etc should be full back whilst ones like pique should be ball playing?

So centre backs with rubbish passing etc should be full back whilst ones like pique should be ball playing?

I've trained a winger as a complete forward before. Don't look at the role you're training them, but what attributes the roles focuses on.

FANTASTIC TACTIC!!!!....if I was CSKA. They exploited space behind my D-Line like it was a hot knife through butter!

View attachment 508755

@Mamaiemaipunemfesu BTW...I wasn't trashing this tactic..I just got DESTROYED by Ahmed Musa and Seydou Doumbia in this game. 2 guys with Speed!!! I know Benfica's CB's are slow. I was killed with through balls behind my D-Line. Looking for some advice. Was it because of my CB's slow pace purely? If so, how would you adjust when going up vs Speedy strikers? Benfica has a pretty good "creative" team from midfield on up so i'm obviously missing something here.

I'm also coach Portugal and so far the first 2 games looked good. Playing CR7 in the STC role.

View attachment 415350 View attachment 415349

Yes 2 easy opponents I know but tactic produced beautifull play and allowed me to dominate like I was supposed too!

@Mamaiemaipunemfesu BTW...I wasn't trashing this tactic..I just got DESTROYED by Ahmed Musa and Seydou Doumbia in this game. 2 guys with Speed!!! I know Benfica's CB's are slow. I was killed with through balls behind my D-Line. Looking for some advice. Was it because of my CB's slow pace purely? If so, how would you adjust when going up vs Speedy strikers? Benfica has a pretty good "creative" team from midfield on up so i'm obviously missing something here.

I'm also coach Portugal and so far the first 2 games looked good. Playing CR7 in the STC role.

View attachment 510507 View attachment 510508

Yes 2 easy opponents I know but tactic produced beautifull play and allowed me to dominate like I was supposed too!

Try dropping the defensive line? or try dropping the defensive line and making the HB an anchor man? Not sure, I find the much higher defensive line often causes me to be too high up the pitch and makes it difficult to build up play slowly and steadily

View attachment 510507 View attachment 510508

I actually watched the game with extended. Every game, that`s why the progress has been so slow. As far as i`m concerned, barcelona performed brilliantly, i was undefeated till february (the time i stopped playing due to irl). only 2 draws, one was madrid, where i dominated the **** out of them. Cr speed >>> bartra/pique speed. The other draw, got a red card and was using subs cuz already qualified against psg -.-

Central defenders need speed. Along with the mental stats (anticipation-predicts movement and actions of teammates and opponents; Bravery - how willing is to stop a player despite injuries; composure - how he acts under pressure; DECISIONS - this being high allows players to take the right decisions for the team on and off the ball, this should be high for central mid/especially central def; POSITIONING = the opposite of off the ball. How a player positions himself; concentration, determination. These all matter, that`s why having pique/puyol/good def matters over any random joe with good central def tackling/header/strenght.

As for the speed, this was clearly visible when Guardiola used to play Busquets as CB. Guy lacked speed, there were 2 counters where he could not keep up with the attacking threat`s pace. That`s why he sucks at cb role. But in terms of positioning, tackling, movement on and off the ball and first touch, he is undoubtedly the best defensive midfielder in the game.

you shouldn't use OI because they over rule TI and PI but if you want to use it then unmark TI and PI

Actually you can use OI and you should use OI. Because the instructions being given there are not over ruling TI and PI excepting probably the central defs and/or wing backs. Wing backs as the tactic is are used for attacking push, it`s not so bad if they get instructed to man mark (they already are closing down) man marking adds to the pressing. Show onto weaker foot has no TI/PI correspondent.

Central defs should be used by the tactic in hard games anyways. If you lack the time to manually adjust the tactic on a game by game basis, you should prolly use the OI.

Make sure you got an assistant manager with good tactics/tactics knowledge/adaptability/determination/level of discipline.

I recommend Mauro Tassotti from Ac Milan. Pro in game, total noob @ Milan.

Later edit at pacey strikers/creative team.
You should look how the other team plays and deny the play. If you got barcelona it`s easy, as they have good mid good defenders. If you got a small team go mourinho style. For instance if they have a very creative midfielder that supplies the through balls and the goals come mostly from mid side/his assist, deny him play by having 2 def mid manmark him and kill the play from midfield. That`s what Mou did at messi. He had him marked by cambiasso and cristi chivu (a lb/central def). When he was at Real, 2 def mid also.

Vs purely pacey strikers, dropping the defensive line is a way of doing it.

Last edited:
This is the best tactic I've used for possession. I started with Man City and I was averaging 65% home and away. However I struggled to create CCC's. I've unticked 'shoot more often' to see if this will make a difference.

This is the best tactic I've used for possession. I started with Man City and I was averaging 65% home and away. However I struggled to create CCC's. I've unticked 'shoot more often' to see if this will make a difference.

At man city you got dzeko, who is godly at headers -.-.

You should change the if instructions to supply crosses from byline. As they are instructed barca style, they will pass the ball to a more central player (iniesta/fabregas or busquets back at mid to try through balls). You could also try to use play narrower along with exploit the flanks instructions to see how it goes. ^^

Where do you play messi? I am having trouble in getting him to score in preseason.