PES 2009

• Thread starter Thread starter Sean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 19K
Yup, at least the PES achievements tend to be something that you can achieve through normal play though. Achievements that make you play the game differently suck, I like to just be playing and get a nice notification saying I've achieved something.

Yeh but FIFA 09 has achievements for scoring with a header, volley etc.. etc.. I'd much rather have them as they are much better than having to beat all the teams from England, Spain, Holland etc.. :(

The demo will be out for PS3, Xbox 360 & PC on Thursday October 2nd.

I won't have an Xbox until the 20th though I reckon so no Pro Evo for me ;(

yassss

nice 1 i hope they have a preview of the 'going one player' function so i can see what it's like

On every PES game you can go as one player, just choose fixed cursor (if I remember correctly). No options to call for passes though so guess you gotta count on the AI to pass.

Will give this a go Thursday.

We’ve just been told that there’ll be a playable demo of PES 2009 this Thursday. According to our source at Konami, players will be able to select fully licensed Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, and Barcelona club teams, or the licensed Italian or French national sides. The demo will allow users an early taste of the all-new elements set to further bolster PES 2009’s reputation as the definitive football game. All new visuals with completely remodeled players and animations, and new physics routines to ensure the ball behaves more realistically have been included, while the AI of the CPU sides has been enhanced to provide an ever evolving challenge.

The PES 2009 demo will also include promotional videos detailing the new game’s ‘Become a Legend’ and online ‘Legends’ modes, which see the player controlling just one player within a team and attempting to forge a career in football. Starting as a promising 17-year-old, players must force their way into the first team and produce a series of blistering performances which will ultimately result to a move to one of Europe’s biggest sides. Or, on the flipside, poor performances can see a player struggling in the lower leagues and eventually being released…

Sounds like a decent enough demo, at least I can play as Liverpool yey.

Some comparison screens of player models between PES & FIFA here

PES 2009 looks far better model wise. Most of the players looks true to life. Although the ones that don't, just look scary.

lol that is a bit scary :) Demo sounds good and the career mode sounds great will keep you playing pes

I saw these comparison pictures the other day, Ronaldo looks spot on in PES.

cant play it untill late tonight. working now and going to the Motherwell game later

Housemate downloading it now, shouldnt be long :)

I'm bored of the demo already. :( After each 5 minute game you play you have to sit and watch the lame trailer for the game which lasts about 3 minutes, it's as if they don't want you to play.

On a good note though... the L1 + Triangle through balls seem to be pretty ownage again. Normal Long Balls don't seem to be as free though and tend to float instead of being nice and direct.

Can't play as my Xbox is still broken and probably won't have it sorted until after the PES release date and I don't have a controller for the PC either :(

played three games last night and things are def different this time around. long shots,crosses seem to float in the air but threw balls are so well done this time :D

Can't play as my Xbox is still broken and probably won't have it sorted until after the PES release date and I don't have a controller for the PC either :(

Xbox controller not work? I use my PS3 one on my PC because I'm awesome.

PES09 = FIFA.

Noticed it last year they had made some of the gameplay FIFA like...ie. slowed it down.

Played three games the other night, won all three..housemate doesnt like the game

It would seem they have added some uneccesary things whilst ignoring some obvious points that needed improving.

The goalkeepers still seem to suck...FIFA goalies> yet they have added proper chanting in the crowd...?

Like Kris said balls seem to hang in the air for an age which sucks but the referees seemed a bit more lenient...which was needed.

Will wait till full game comes out to assess properly.

The cheaper wired ones do :( but if you wna use the wireless one you need to buy a reciver for your pc.

Think it's a an old build of the game from the Leipzig Games Convention so I'd wait for the full game and see, lots of improvements should have been made by then.

Yup like Gregor says I need to either buy a wireless reciever (about £15) or a wired controller (about £20) so cba.

Think it's a an old build of the game from the Leipzig Games Convention so I'd wait for the full game and see, lots of improvements should have been made by then.

I hope the game is good. One thing that needs a huge makeover is freekicks. Are they any better? I'm talking about short free kicks not shooting etc..

Back