PES 2009

I hope the game is good. One thing that needs a huge makeover is freekicks. Are they any better? I'm talking about short free kicks not shooting etc..

Short FK's are still as lame as ever.

**** sake. Hate pressing pass button and hoping it goes to somebody useful.

I really dont like it, its just so slow and the ball seems to lag when you pass. No player has a burst of pace. I didnt like the fifa demo but i love the actual game so hopefully pro will improve

The PES gameplay in the real thing is a lot better than the demo.

I played a season of Be a Pro last night. I can't see why Konami would put in so much effort hyping a game mode which relies on the AI and then not bother to make the AI any good.

Stupidly I decided to be a striker thinking that maybe I could have some fun scoring etc.. Well in all of the training matches (about 15?) I've played and 11 appearances for the first team I've had about 3 decent shots and only one goal. The computer never pass to you, no matter how much space you're in, or how awesome that run is you're making.

To get into the first team you need to put in good performances, but managing that by only getting the ball 9 or 10 times in your time on the pitch is pretty impossible.

So my advice, be a midfielder. Sit deep and just make lots of passes, get decent ratings, let your player improve, and then just pwn.

*edit* One more annoying thing, even if you're on the bench you have to sit and watch the entire match. At 2x the speed. SO FUN. :(

wooooopaaa

got a call today from the wee game shop i get my games saying it was in so i got it at lunch.

cant wait to go home and pwn

*edit* One more annoying thing, even if you're on the bench you have to sit and watch the entire match. At 2x the speed. SO FUN. :(

Eww that sounds gay. Would be better if there was an option to just skip to your sub or something rather than wait for ages.

wooooopaaa

got a call today from the wee game shop i get my games saying it was in so i got it at lunch.

cant wait to go home and pwn

heard you emailed, text and then sent a carrier pidgeon to Lee to tell him you had it

Mates xbox got the circle of death or w/e the other night, gutted.

ouch, seems to be happening to everyone at the same time.

ok things i'm not liking about pes09

DEFENDERS AI is ****

u will be chasing your opponents winger and about 2/3 of your other defenders will follow you leaving about 3 players in the middle free

half the time ive been moving my guy back so that they dont score but it's really ******* me off.

It's also ******* me off that in smaller clubs players refuse to make runs/overlaps like they dont know how?

however the through balls are so much better if you use it right.

NETWORK PLAY: fantastic!!! so much better than before there back to the good old choose your server style. you start with Language and there is a few for each then you choose a room and obv when one room is full you use an empty one :) so if your wanting to play your friends you choose a dead room and sorted. The gameplay seemed a tad slower but nothing to put you off

Legend mode: i'm sorry but FIFA have won this round, they had it last year but just for one off games but the way they do it is so much better, you get a rating after every game based on your passing,movement,goals,tackles etc and when you start you play in the reserves for a while and when you play well you get promoted but in PES you end up playing about 20 training games and you play in the AWAY training side and when you improve you go into the home side and onto the bench if you keep playing well. You can't really tell how your getting on either. At least on fifa when your in the reserves it's still a league etc your in and it's not really doing the same thing over and over.

Champions League mode is a great feature so much better than paying £40 for it (typical ea sports) it has a funky intro and the skin changes and the music changes when your in cl mode. There are set CL teams but you can also go anyone in the game and the groups are always tough

Mates xbox got the circle of death or w/e the other night, gutted.

I feel for you. Going to phone UPS today and get mine sent off asap. Then hopefully will have it back within 3 weeks *crosses fingers*

u will be chasing your opponents winger and about 2/3 of your other defenders will follow you leaving about 3 players in the middle free

It used to do that a few years back if I remember. Useless :mad:

It's also ******* me off that in smaller clubs players refuse to make runs/overlaps like they dont know how?

Yeh I think thats just something they have done in this one as they seem to have wanted to make the gap between good and average players much bigger. Just means that when it comes to online play more people will play with the big clubs :(

NETWORK PLAY: fantastic!!! so much better than before there back to the good old choose your server style. you start with Language and there is a few for each then you choose a room and obv when one room is full you use an empty one :) so if your wanting to play your friends you choose a dead room and sorted. The gameplay seemed a tad slower but nothing to put you off

Hopefully it stays the same after the full release when the servers start getting busier. If they do start lagging a lot again then there is no excuse for not fixing it.

I think its terrible on a first impression, i dont like it the ball seems to get stuck under your feet too often and the game doesnt have the pro feel. You cant ping the ball quickly and break. It doesnt really have the gameplay that pes normally does.

Online is better this time tho, its just like playing a friendly no jumps, skips or anything, shame about the game. Its way to easy to score on the game and its no fun beating teams 5 and 6-0 it gets boring.

So far its Fifa>Pes in my point of view, never ever thought id say that

I have only played the PC version so I'm not really gonna comment much as my pc isn't great so it doesn't really do justice to the game.

I'm only really playing the Become a Legend mode. It's ok but I don't really feel like the ratings give me as much credit as I deserve and it all seems a bit boring. Just seems easier to just skip matches for a few seasons to get the abilities up because the so called match experience you get for actually playing is barely worth it.

The more i play pes the more im hating the game. I hate the stupid little cartoon like noises on the beginning menu and when you pause the game. The music sucks and online it just takes forever with loading times and you can never find an opponent to say im disappointed is an understatment

talk about fussy, i still love pes. It really is so much faster than fifa, which is really a kids game because people who enjoy a good game dont care about the music or graphics. I mean this fifa is decent but it's still so slow i mean it takes you about 5 minutes to go into the menu to make subs.

PES all the way still

I played some matches online earlier. My first two games both ended after about 20 minutes because the other person disconnected, so I feared the worse because in both games the lag was unreal. :(

After that though I played 3 games all with people with a red ping but it was really smooth. Obviously not as reactive as offline but still really good.

I played as Villarreal (my online team) and played against Inter, Chelsea, and Milan. Won all three games yey. I'm awesome.

I think its going backwards, the ball seems to stop everytime you touch it im hoping it gets better the more i play because im still a pes man 1 good fifa game doesnt make it the best name. Fifa though is faster you can do really good counter attacks the real chants in the background are amazing its just an all round better game

just played a couple of games in become a legend mode. it's decent but pretty boring. i only had a crappy pc joypad that didn't have analogue controls, so gonna get my good one tomorrow and give the game a proper go.

Apparently my Xbox will be arriving tomorrow so I want to buy PES. Anybody know some cheap high street prices? I spotted it in Grainger Games for £30 so will get it from there unless anybody else knows somewhere better.

I'm pretty far into the BAL mode now. I've played for Man City, Valencia, Athletico Madrid, Valencia (again), Sevilla, Arsenal, and now AC Milan.

Only at Arsenal for one season and helped them win the league and was their top scorer, I'm a DM by the way. So at the end of the season Chelsea and AC Milan went in for me so I decided to go to Seria A to win that league too woop. Playing alongside Kaka, Ronaldiniho, Pirlo, etc.. is pretty swish.

Even though I've been the main midfielder in all these teams I only have 10 england caps (played about 400 minutes :(). So hopefully I'll start playing some International games soon because I want the cheevo's for winning the world cup etc..

Oh and has anyone played the Legends mode online yet? It's quite fun if the people you're playing with aren't ballgreedy and idiots.

I'm only on my 2nd season and I'm with West Ham still. My player's still rubbish though at the moment so I'll think I'll wait until I improve a bit before I have a go on the Legends mode.